League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Hezonja: "Done Missing the Playoffs"

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dylan
Senior Vice President

Hezonja: "Done Missing the Playoffs"

Post by Dylan »

Mario Hezonja: "I'm Done Missing the Playoffs"

With the CSL Playoffs about to get underway and the Los Angeles Clippers sitting out, some important people in Los Angeles are getting antsy. Clippers star guard Mario Hezonja was particularly angry in his end-of-season interview, expressing frustration and setting expectations for the future.

"I'm done missing the playoffs in my career," the always and sometimes overly confident Hezonja said. "Having to sit at home and watch other teams and players compete is tough, especially when you feel you can play at that level."

Hezonja played in the playoffs in his first two CSL seasons, then with the Indiana Pacers and Detroit Pistons. But after his fourth season ending with his fourth team already, the 23-year-old is ready for some continuity and success.

"I definitely expect to be back, but I hope with a more competitive team," the impending restricted free agent said. "I love my teammates but we can't lose more than 50 games and not make changes, I expect and hope for more."

The Clippers are expected to try and get a deal done with Hezonja before he can get an offer sheet. If not, they have made it clear they intend to match any offers, regardless of how expensive it may get. The guard averaged 22.5 points, 4.9 rebounds and 4.4 assists.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Hezonja: "Done Missing the Playoffs"

Post by Myles »

Umm... good luck with that Mario?

He's a great player though, no doubt. Would love to see him unleashed in the playoffs

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Interesting off-season in Clipper land.
Playoffs would be a big turn around so quick!

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I expect you to be in the mold of the teams fighting for the postseason in the West. West it's not that difficult to get in and I can see you make with some little adjustments.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Dennis wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:20 pm I expect you to be in the mold of the teams fighting for the postseason in the West. West it's not that difficult to get in and I can see you make with some little adjustments.
That's the goal. No pick next year at all so there's no point in not trying to make it.

Having a full offseason this time around rather than the tail end of free agency like last offseason should help me.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

You find a way to get the best out of your teams, which is good. I will be pulling for you just like I pull for the real life Clippers to beat their shitty big brother in the Lakers.