League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Lineups

D.P. Galindo
General Manager

Lineups

Post by D.P. Galindo »

What do you find best. Using the simmatrix, setting by minutes or just using the depth chart. And how can you skipte matrix if you don't want to use it. Trying all the options.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Lineups

Post by Myles »

I first set my depth chart, and then completely set my submatrix. I want to control the exact lineups I have out there.

If you don't want to set a submatrix, then just set a depth chart, and then go to the submatrix page and hit something like auto generate or something along those lines.

D.P. Galindo
General Manager

Post by D.P. Galindo »

Myles, Have you ever set my minutes? If you did, what were the results.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

D.P. Galindo wrote:Myles, Have you ever set my minutes? If you did, what were the results.
I've done it in the pro game, not the college game. I can say that in the pro game, it's not perfect. You end up with empty slots sometimes, even if all the minutes add up perfectly.

geebob
General Manager

Post by geebob »

Setting by minutes works pretty well if you have a 5 starter, 5 sub lineup, but if you are dealing with a short bench it is usually just easier to use the sub matrix or alternatively just use the depth chart and set the guys you don't want to play to very high fatigue thresholds (or whatever that setting is called).

Generally, I set my depth chart, then auto-generate the sub matrix, then go in and adjust to add minutes or subtract minutes for individual players.