League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Who will make it? The East.

Who will make the playoffs?

Atlanta
No votes
Boston
13%
Brooklyn
1%
Charlotte
3%
Chicago
13%
Cleveland
No votes
Detroit
13%
Indiana
6%
Miami
13%
Milwaukee
No votes
New York
8%
Orlando
11%
Philadelphia
6%
Toronto
4%
Washington
11%

Total votes: 142

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Who will make it? The East.

Post by Chilikonkarne »

My Ranking:

1. Chicago - Rose - Horford - Noah is too deadly
2. Boston - Close behind, the pairing of Paul and Jefferson will make a lot of teams going home with a lose
3. Detroit - Because Detroit is at the top since the beginning
4. Indiana - Deep and experienced
5. Miami - Let's see how the stars play together but they should easily make the playoffs
6. Orlando - Paul George.
7. Philadelphia - Time for the youngsters to capitalize
8. Toronto - Because we want to make it! But Yes Washington looks better than us rigth now :)
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Who will make it? The East.

Post by Jestor »

Very top heavy conference.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

1. Chicago - Maybe with Horford and Green starting + ball in Rose's hand we might be able to come out on top. Hopefully we make it hard for other teams to guess how to stop us offensively.
2. Boston - Paul+Jefferson might be the best pick and roll in the league (I like my duo of Rose and Horford too since both can shoot Js) and Smith off the bench was very valuable here.
3. Washington - Now that's a bolded one. Nanashi needs a C and a SG to win deep into the postseason. That can be done by mid-season, but while it does not, his team is capable of enough regular season wins to put them in 3rd.
4. Detroit - Jon's team will overplay their seed come playoff time, but for regular season he has some work to do specially in the wings to find the right combo of defense, scoring and shooting (aka avoid being zoned). Starting KCP seems logic, but gives you 3 ultra ball dominant perimeter starters. Starting RHJ does give you elite D but no shooting.
5. New York - It's dapralbe after all. He'll find a way to every Knick overplay their ratings. Melo will average 30 a game.
6. Orlando - If they manage to make Hibbert play up to his ratings, and reduce George's minutes so he does not get injured.. Also their D looks incredibly good.
7. Miami - You don't miss the playoffs with LeBron on board. Except for the fact that they'll trade LeBron come February. Still I bet they'll make the playoffs.
8. Philadelphia - Sorry Indy, Sorry Charlotte. This one will be a great battle. With a good starting 5 and more experience with D-Will on board + a superstar in Jabari, Philly takes it.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

StOfTheStep
Senior Vice President

Post by StOfTheStep »

Man, I appreciate all of the Philly love here. I just hope we can live up to the expectations.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Suns rankings:

1. Chicago: I expect the Bulls to win the regular season crown. So much talent on this team and Marcos isn't done yet.
2. Detroit: A re-tooled team from what we saw last year, but I love that front court. They're going to have so many second chance opportunities.
3. Boston: Speaking of front courts, if Boston can get McGee and Big Al to mesh, look out.
4. New York: Talented roster that won 50+ games a season ago. Add Daniel as GM and this team could make noise come playoff time.
5. Philadelphia: My dark horse team. Deron Williams is a huge upgrade at the point, Bradley is a perfect fit next to Parker, Parker will continue to improve, and they added depth to their front court with Sullinger.
6. Orlando: Paul George is a monster. They could climb higher if Hibbert can succeed in a star role for once.
7. Washington: Wall and Love could be a deadly combination.
8. Miami: ...I would have them higher, but I expect James to be gone as soon as the restriction is up come midseason.

Indiana is right on the doorstep. I'm curious to see how much Parker and Bryant have left in the tank.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Interesting battle in the East:

1) CHI - Hard to see this team anywhere but the top 2. Horford, Rose, Green, and Noah are surrounded by talent at every position, and they're my pick to meet a particular bearded beast in the finals.

2) DET - honestly didn't like the trade they made for Thompson and Waiters this offseason, but they're definitely still a threat to win 60 games. Also they stole Hollis-Jefferson from me :evil:

3) BOS - Jefferson is a big-time steal. Not sure this is a contender this year, so some changes will probably need to be made to fit the CP3/Al duo. Still a force to be reckoned with.

4) NYK - it's daprable- who knows who's going to be on the roster by the end of the season? but what I do know is that he's inheriting a very solid roster and daprable is a wizard with this sim engine.

5) MIA - LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James LeBron James

6) ORL - behind Davis and Harden, George may very well be the third best in the CSL. They massively overpaid for Hibbert, but this team is solid.

7) WAS - Wall and Love will have to carry this roster. They'll be enough to make the playoffs in the East (Wall is the best PG in the league after Harden), but it's hard to see anybody else on the roster making a real contribution this season.

8) IND - Parker, Beal, Kobe, Jones, Gordon, Zeller, and Gasol are a terrific top seven. That alone will get them there, but does anyone else on the roster belong in the league?

--

9) TOR - after losing Kawhi for the entire season, and trading Ibaka for the raw Noah Vonleh, I can't help but think this team will fall just short this season. Kemba will have to be a top 5 point guard if they want a real shot... and it's something he may be capable of. They'll be in the mix.

10) PHI - Parker/Deron/Bradley are the big three here- you know what to expect from that trio- for the rest, it's up in the air. Wouldn't be surprised to see them in the playoffs, but wouldn't be surprised with a bottom 3 seed either.

11) CHA - much like Washington, Charlotte is built around a PG and a stud big man. Unfortunately, Rubio isn't half the player Wall is, and despite the Afflalo/Okaro wing pairing, Charlotte doesn't have enough talent in the other positions to make up for Rubio's horrendous shooting.

12) BRK - the first team in pro basketball history to quadruple or even quintuple their win total from the previous season? Jrue Holiday and Serge Ibaka hope so. The team is still quite a bit away from playoff contention.

13) MIL - definitely thought Milwaukee would try to make a splash this summer with all that cap room. Klay, Jonas, Stokes, and Clarkson are studs though, and they could give some teams trouble. However, they are not playoff threats yet.

14) ATL - Greg Monroe will continue to put up monster numbers, and Ellis will continue to score. After that, it gets a little messy.

15) CLE - that Irving/DePaula backcourt has some major upside, but DePaula currently has the ratings of a mid-tier D-League player. Moe Harkless may be the team's second best player. It's going to be a rough season.

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

I like biz list few changes

1- chicago favorite number one. Grest roster.
2- detroit young roster but jon if you see roster will continue dribble drive and high pressure only see one problem. High zone in playoffs
3-miami i don't know if lebron will play pf or sg, i think that silogical can play with lowry lebron gay bost okafor
4-boston jefferson paul can destroy a lot of teams
5-new york i have two tactics in my mine but will see if are valids. I love try million tactics. With my teams. I begin the season ty lawson sefo carmelo booker chandlrr six man jr smith
6th orlando willy is and excellent gm with a lot of experience and paul george is a crazy talent.
7th indiana mattybriand has a solid roster with a decent players . I like this team.
8th wadhington mr wall is enough for get 8th place. We will see love paper.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

By records
Top tier
1. Bulls - great team overall
2. Detroit - mixed it up this off season but still have star players and depth
2nd tier
3. Boston - Jefferson is a beast. With Paul and Smith surrounding him
3rd tier
4. Wizards - wall and love
5. Heat - Lebron is a beast and he can carry the team himself. Add in bosh, Lowry, and gay. But too many of these guys need the ball in their hands to be effective. Or else they would be higher
6. Knicks - Melo and Lawson with some depth
7. Pacers - Overall balanced team. Depends how Gordon develops. If he rises quickly then they could be higher. But this is a safe spot
8. Sixers - I was going to place the magic here but I don't think they did enough this off season to improve. Depends on how active Sixer gm is, but Parker is about to explode. Add in deron and Noel + others

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

1. Detroit - Still a badass team and should hold on.
2. Boston - Paul and Jefferson are a great pairing and Smith, McCollum, McGee are great support. Could be top.
3. Miami - LeBron and with Lowry, Bosh and Gay, should be enough to hold off Washington.
4. Chicago - Due to seeding they're here but will be fighting Detroit all season long.
5. Washington - Wall/Love combo should see them hold off what is left in the east. Could challenge Miami for 3 seed.
6. New York - Enough but Chandler is getting on and Melo is an all star, not super star.
7. Charlotte - Picked up Aldridge and I love the White addition.
8. Philadelphia - Time to come of age. Deron Williams to propel the talented youngsters up.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

1. Bulls: Favorite trio of Rose Horford Noah, they win the title this season finally

2. Pacers: Gasol Parker Kobe with youth mixed between is a force regardless of age

3. Celtics: Paul Jefferson upper echelon team

4. Magic: Paul George with McDermott Chalmers for kick out 3's surrounded by high level near elite defense takes the Division crown

5. Knicks: Melo Lawson will be utilized to their fullest by dapralbe

6. Heat: LeBron and Gay is a nice duo ultimately LeBron will realize an error in judgment was made by returning to Miami

7. Pistons: Trading matchup problems in Horford then Deron cost them as Drummond Thompson KCP frontcourt Teague Waiters isn't enough

8. Wizards: Wall Love takes them past Sixers for final PO spot

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

NuggOlesk
Senior Vice President

Post by NuggOlesk »

1. Detroit Pistons - Stronger than last year, I think they will be the Champs this year, East Champs for sure!
2. Miami Heat - They have a big 4, I like the team!
3. New York Knicks - Good without GM, scary with one.
4. Washington Wizards - I liked last years team more, but they are very strong, and their GM will probable make them even better during season!
5. Boston Celtics - They won the Jefferson trade, but lets see how good he is in Celtics.
6. Orlando Magic - I hope they will do even better! Liked their off season moves!
7. Chicago Bulls - The last year team was better.
8. Indiana Pacers - Will surprise us all!

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Our Rankings:

1. Chicago - Solid moves this off-season and battled us last year for the Eastern Regular Season Crown
2. Boston - Love Jefferson on the team, but interested to see how they do without Dragic.
3. Detroit - Moved our lone star, but got deeper and finally have the players in place for the style we want to play.
4. New York - Daniel will get this team to at a minimum play the way they played last year. I expect them to improve though.
5. Miami - With LeBron they will be a force to be wreckoned with regardless.
6. Indy - Made good moves to get them into the playoffs this year.
7. Washington - Interested to see the Wall/Love combo, but anytime you have Wall, you are just about a lock to make the playoffs.
8. Philadelphia - This is finally the year they make it to the playoffs and the fans will rejoice. They finally have a well rounded team.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Division Winners:

Chicago
Boston
Orlando

Other "5" in order:

Detroit
New York
Indiana
Miami
Charlotte

Central is a very strong division. Think the 2nd best team record wise in the Southeast will get in due to benefit of playing in that division.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

1. Bulls: Marcos did an Excellent Job this offseason and looks stronger then ever

2. Celtics: Kind of flew under the radar imo, Made a lot of really good minor signing and his big splash Big al will have a big impact

3. Pistons: I believe Detroit will surprise a lot of people this year, might be a perfect year for him to pick up GM of the year! also I think this spot might have to go to Orlando for seeding reasons.

4. Magic: Paul George Will be the MVP this season... barring injuries I think Willy will take his Division!

5. Pacers: Really Wish I wasn't in the Central Division, But I built this team with DEPTH and my bench in mind!

6. Heat: I think this team will need to be coached very well! if anyone big goes down they are in trouble, Id Imagine Lebron will be traded for picks and young players this season!

7. Knicks: I wanted to put them higher! good chance this team cant sneak into the top 4 with their new gm

8. Wizards: Im a big fan of this team but they need to find some shooters! still a couple left out their without teams

Toronto will be hard to keep out FTR
Last edited by Mattybriand on Mon Nov 16, 2015 10:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

1) Chicago
2) Detroit
3) Boston
4) Washington
5) Orlando
6) Miami
7) Toronto
8) New York

*Cleveland one of three teams in the East not getting a playoff vote. That is 100% spot on haha.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

1. Detroit - I don't subscribe to the whole "I moved my best player" nonsense - haha - sorry Jon. This team is still the gold standard in the East, IMO. Depth is huge and Drummond has always been that team's star, despite stints from Monroe and Horford. Again, depth is huge and this team has it in spades.

2. Chicago - Until they prove their ability to jump Detroit - which they may do this season - they sit solidly here in my book. Again, the theme is depth and Marcos has done an excellent job of shoring up the bench with starting caliber players.

3. Boston - You just have to love that CP3 / Jefferson pairing. Josh Smith is, perhaps, an underrated part of the equation also. Depth begins to drop off a bit at this point, but I bet Dennis is happy being slotted in as high in these rankings and it's a direct result of his quality off-season.

4. Orlando - I really like this team - the depth isn't quite there, but it's like a younger, hungrier New York from the standpoint of roster construction. With Orlando, you have a younger, more dynamic player in George and a younger frontcourt with a defensive mind-set, allowing George to wreak havoc from anywhere on the court with a high volume of shots.

5. New York - We all saw what Daprable was able to do with a funky Atlanta team, but this roster has pieces to really make it interesting. The talent is there, no doubt, and they now have one of the most creative GMs in the league at the helm - New York's about to go all "Beautiful Mind" on our asses.

6. Miami - Assuming they hang onto LeBron, they land here. But "treadmill" is a term that appears to be uninteresting in South Beach. We'll see.

7. Charlotte - Maybe I'm biased and no one on this team can shoot, except for Afflalo, but I love this team. You have the in/out game with Rubio/Aldridge and White to lock down the perimeter and Afflalo to bomb away from deep. Bynum at the 5 is an underrated starter and I think this team will make more noise than they're getting credit for. Interestingly, I can see they were only selected to seed by Lakeshow and BT - and I consider myself in good company!

8. Indiana or Washington - This one is a toss-up for me. I'm higher on Charlotte than Indiana (obviously) but Washington has Wall/Love which is a pretty terrifying combo.

dapralbe
Senior Vice President

Post by dapralbe »

Great work and list but i see all young player rating s1,2,3 years of experience and i hqve fear. Sacra, golden detroit phila phoenix i love all rosters with high ratings.
Thanks for confiance but i see teams really good. Interesting pieces in all team with very high rebound and defense.