League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Fan Favourite Packs his Bags?

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

Fan Favourite Packs his Bags?

Post by Ramcus »

In a shocking turn of events, the New Orleans Pelicans have sent fan favourite Markelle Fultz to Canada to play for the Toronto Raptors, following a draft day trade that nobody expected. There had been no prior indications that Fultz was unhappy in New Orleans, nor was there any indication that New Orleans were looking to move on from the 6'4 point guard's services. Markelle Fultz had been a fan favourite in New Orleans since his arrival from the Big Apple, growing into the steady starting-caliber guard that he is now, since those days in the Big Apple. Putting up a career-high in points per game(since the transition), much of the New Orleans faithful expected Fultz to continue to don the navy red and gold following the 2029 CSL Offseason.

In his 3 seasons in New Orleans, Markelle Fultz averaged the following numbers:
228 Games Played | 203 Games Started | 31.7 Minutes per Game
15.2 PPG | 3 RPG | 4.8 APG | 1.3 SPG | 0.3 BPG | 1.9 TO
41.5% FG | 37.1% 3FG | 77.8% FT

In his final season in New Orleans, Markelle Fultz showcased his scoring ability, averaging a career high 16.2 points per game and a career high in free throw attempts and makes. Markelle Fultz had this to say about his surprise exit from the Big Easy:
Markelle Fultz wrote:I have nothing but love for the city of New Orleans. I am the player I grew to be because of my time in New Orleans, so anything less would be plain disrespectful to the city and to the organization. Don't get me wrong, I am a bit bitter having to leave the organization at such an unexpected fashion; I thought I'd be the franchise's starting point guard for many future seasons. That being said, the CSL is a business first and foremost, and for that I cannot blame the organization for taking the route they chose. It's just up to me to prove that they chose the wrong decision in trading me away. Thank you to the New Orleans faithful for always believing in me. Next stop, Toronto!
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Fan Favourite Packs his Bags?

Post by hardenwithnod »

Fultz did well for you guys, but I know you wanted to make some changes. While Sexton got nerfed to death in the new engine, I do like Thor’s potential as a versatile defender. Curious to see how this will work out.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I think Sexton as a low USG% PG can set the table for Lauri and get him easy buckets while giving you good defense as well. Thor could potentially end up being a Jonathan Isaac clone and is a nice rebuilding piece for sure. I hope Fultz can give us more scoring punch and spacing so it should be a deal that works out for both teams.
Ball is Life.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

To me, the defensive upgrade from Fultz to Sexton is negligible, while the offensive downgrade sets my team back significantly. That being said, Sexton wasn't the prize in this trade, it was JT Thor. Thor gives us another versatile defender and (cross my fingers) relatively efficient offensive player to play next to Lauri Markkanen. There's some pref-work needed for Lauri Markkanen, but we plan to run it back another season or two before taking yet another hard long[pause] look at this team and it's future. I want to give Markkanen the best shot possible at a title, but if at all possible I'd like it to be on my team. Until then, we're going to keep retooling a solid-but-unspectacular team for New Orleans.
Last edited by Ramcus on Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Sexton is a better fit next to Cole Anthony so I definitely see it though I believe it's probably a talent downgrade.