League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Hornets Acquire Stockton

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Hornets Acquire Stockton

Post by ozymandias »

Hornets Acquire Stockton

With all the talk about the All Star Game and the trade which saw Winslow move to Houston, we forgot to talk about the trade that really matters. The Hornets acquired David Stockton in a three-team trade that also involved Oklahoma City Thunder and Denver Nuggets. Stockton arrived in exchange for Will Barton and Bulls 2024 2nd round pick.

Although he didn't see much playing time this year, Stockton had a nice season as a starting point guard for the Bucks last year. With the Bucks in 2022/23 season, Stockton averaged 8.4 points and 3.8 assists in 22 mpg while shooting 41.7% from the field and 37.6% for three.

Not known for his defense, Stockton is only expected to play a backup role in Charlotte, with the sophomore sensation Trae Young starting at PG and Marquis Teague coming off the bench. It's assumed the Hornets were after Stockton in the offseason but the former Gonzaga guard signed with the Nuggets. Coach Thibodeau will experiment with Stockton coming off the bench once he's settled in Charlotte.

This was the only trade Charlotte made since the offseason.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Hornets Acquire Stockton

Post by Myles »

Stockton is a good player and I did have a role in mind for him when I signed him, but that kind of fell by the wayside and then once I acquired Guler I had no room for him. I hope he thrives in Charlotte