League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Beck's Mock Draft - Lottery

Write updates about your team or the league here.
Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Beck's Mock Draft - Lottery

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Hello and Welcome to Beck's Mock Draft - Lotto Edition!
Today we're going to talk about the top-14 picks of next season's draft, according to my scouts and knowledge. My opinion here is 100% true and unbiased, but you can opt not to trust this because you might not trust me for any reason (I don't know) and also for the fact that I'm using my scouts here and I haven't scouted all good players yet.

Will try to add more pictures and stuff tomorrow. For now, enjoy the Mock!

1. New York Knicks / 16-57
Markelle Fultz - PG - 19 years old
The Knicks need a true player to build around and Fultz possesses great scoring and playmaking skills while being a competent enough defender. He’s aggressive, can score from all over the floor and should be a great initiator for New York’s offense, being able to switch from PG to SG at 6’4.
COMPARISON: Kyrie Irving

2. Milwaukee Bucks / 20-54
Michael Porter - PF - 20 years old
At 6’11, Porter could be deployed at either forward position and find his points in bunches there. He definitely is a player who can get his shot up from anywhere, anytime, and he’ll let them fly without thinking twice. Not much to add to that, except for a bit of shot blocking and rebounding, but even if his man defense is terrible, he’ll still be a great #1 option working next to Ingram.
COMPARISON: Kevin Durant

3. Detroit Pistons (via San Antonio Spurs) / 22-49
Jaren Jackson Jr - C - 18 years old
One of the youngest players in this class, JJJ goes to Detroit where he’ll complement Randle and Adebayo as a fantastic front court trio. He’s got the whole package, which means he can score, defend and rebound at high level. What keeps him from the top two positions is the fact that he’s still raw compared to the top guys, but Detroit won’t mind waiting.
COMPARISON: Derrick Favors (more scoring, defense)

4. Los Angeles Lakers / 23-50
Miles Bridges - SF - 20 years old
They’ve already found the cornerstone of the franchise in Bagley. Mudiay and Diallo are also there for the long term. And, lucky enough, BPA also fits their current core in Miles Bridges. He’s someone you can count on to fill the box score in a great way, impacting the game on both sides of the ball tremendously. Even though he’s raw, he’ll have a nice enough floor for that to matter.
COMPARISON: Brandon Ingram

5. Boston Celtics (via Los Angeles Clippers) / 24-48
Dzanan Musa - SF - 19 years old
Bringing in a much needed secondary playmaking, great rebounding instincts and solid defense / efficiency, Musa is a fit for the Celtics who have lots of types of players yet nobody who can share the court and creating responsibilities with Fox while keeping defenses honest with shooting ability. Musa isn’t a laser three point shooter but he’ll hold his own
COMPARISON: Daniel Hamilton (less defense, more 3pt shooting)

6. Indiana Pacers / 25-47
Elie Okobo - PG - 21 years old
Last edition’s big board doesn’t do any justice to Okobo’s talent level. He’s automatic from any spot and can create his shot effortlessly. Playing in a lineup with Oladipo and Winslow as wing starters, he won’t be asked a lot defensively and will truly shine as a first option scoring guard who will not have to feed anyone and should rack up (and convert) as many shots as he wants.
COMPARISON: Damian Lillard (less passing)

7. Charlotte Hornets / 26-47
Mikal Bridges - SF - 22 years old
Charlotte gets it’s pick back via protection but are converting next year’s first to the Celtics instead. So, it makes a lot of sense to go after Mikal Bridges, who provides a ready-now player who’s going to function as a true defensive stopper and yet another 3 point assassin for the Hornets, but on low usage. He fits incredibly well with Dunn / Trae and should let Korkmaz move to a 6th man role, where he could shine with more touches.
COMPARISON: Justin Anderson

8. Philadelphia 76ers / 26-45
Shaquille Harrison - PG - 21 years old
Philly already has a PG who can put pressure on the ball and can’t shoot. But Harrison is truly a SG and is an upgrade over Moore or Brown. Already 21 and raw, his defensive upside is special and he has something to offer on offense as well to compensate. If they can retain Jabari, that Ball / Harrison / Parker line-up will have two defenders / creators and the best scorer in the league with permission to fire.
COMPARISON: PJ Dozier

9. Cleveland Cavaliers (via Utah Jazz) / 28-44
John Collins - PF - 20 years old
The Cavs could swing for the stars and draft one of the guys who might be boom / bust, but that means they would give Blake / Steph no help next season and it would be shame if they went that way. Instead, Collins is the best and safest prospect out there and should give them both an upgrade over Sanders at C and then a big who could play both spots and fit with virtually any kind of player for the rebuild.
COMPARISON: Bam Adebayo (less shot blocking)

10. Orlando Magic (via New Orleans Pelicans) / 30-44
Landry Shamet - PG - 21 years old
Orlando NEEDS shooting badly and Shamet is by far the best volume shooter in this year's class. He could be deployed either as a starter or even off the bench, but as long as he plays meaningful minutes he's a one-man zone buster. He doesn't bring a lot more other than average defense and playmaking, but his shooting enough is extremely valuable both for Orlando and around the league.
COMPARISON: Zach LaVine (more steals)

11. New York Knicks (via Orlando Magic) / 32-41
Robert Williams - C - 20 years old
What a dream it would be if the Knicks could grab both Fultz and Williams at the very same draft. Two guys who’ll be deadly in a pick and roll as Robert plays way above the rim and dunks anything he puts his hands into. But his real value is on defense with top notch rebounding and shot blocking to cover for Lo’s and Fultz’ defensive mistakes.
COMPARISON: Gorgui Dieng (less defense, more efficiency)

12. Miami Heat (via Memphis Grizzlies) / 32-40
Kaiser Gates - SF - 20 years old
Grabbing a guy like Gates at 12 is great value. He’s a defensive stopper who could be deployed at any wing scorer with ease. His stealing prowess should allow the Heat to go away from their zone when needed, something they tried but didn’t work out that well. A good slasher, he’ll contribute offensively for a team full of playmakers as well. He’s not the kind of player Miami has but being different is what makes him so attractive for them.
COMPARISON: Jimmy Butler

13. Miami Heat (via Minnesota Timberwolves) / 34-39
Collin Sexton - PG - 19 years old
There’s a lot of Dennis Smith Jr in Sexton’s game, so this could be considered overkill. But there’s space for two scoring point guards in this team and that’s what Sexton would give them. 48 minutes of a scoring first guard would turn Miami’s offense into an even more potent one full of players who can shoot and create around Simmons, Smith and Sexton, the 3 scoring Ss.
COMPARISON: Dennis Smith Jr

14. Brooklyn Nets / 39-35
Troy Brown - SG - 19 years old
Some teams listed above have good cases for trading their picks, but none as good as the Nets. They are REALLY missing two PGs who can pass / handle / defend. They have enough room to pry one via FA, and trading out / down makes sense to add the second one. If not, Troy Brown looks like a logical option as a high risk / high reward player they can try to develop into a starting wing. Ayton has question marks all around his development. Will Brown be the same?
COMPARISON: PJ Dozier (but extremely raw)
Last edited by Marcos_Beck on Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Beck's Mock Draft - Lottery

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Some really interesting points:

1. Draft team has Porter as #1 and Fultz at #3. My scouts shows Porter is quite raw though, so Fultz gets the nod here.

2. Jaren Jackson Jr could also compare to Bagley from LA.

3. Picks #1 to #5 were pretty logical IMO.

4. Okobo at #6 might be a reach so Indy can trade down all the way to 9 or so and still draft him. They just can't let him get to Orlando, if they are interested in him.

5. Speaking of Orlando, initially I went with another player for them at 10. That player ended up leaving the top-14 picks of my draft. Was another great shooter from another position.

6. I don't see a better scenario for NYK other than Fultz and Williams, unless they jump to the top-4 with Orlando's pick as well.

7. Miami will not draft my players. They never do.

8. Rizzo, trade the pick. I mean, you have Russell / Vaughn, Richardson / Isaac, Siakam / Mickey and Ayton / Turner. You really need two PGs. Trade it, even if you trade down, or just trade out and walk away with your PG. You won't regret it. Good luck buddy!

9. Troy Brown went ahead of Kostas Antetokounmpo just because Adam already has Isaac who kind of replicates Kostas' value and versatility.

Hope you enjoyed it! Comment below!

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I'll have a read tonight but really like how in depth you went, even noting teams that should trade, etc.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Man, I hate Musa so much lol. You should be part of the Chat again! Then you would know mocking him to us is the most unlikely thing to happen hah.

PS: If Jon ends up with JJJ, the best player in the draft by FAR, I will go crying.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Good stuff Marcos. Glad to see our pick is at 9. If it stats around there or falls any more then we made the right decision for sure.

Lots of chatter about a weak draft but those are some pretty strong comparisons. . .
Clown.Show.League

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Awesome mock ..let’s hope your right and Orlando’s pick jumps lol ..praying the lotto balls go in our favour too. Not sold on Fultz at number 1 .

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Great stuff here Marcos! Not really going to comment on much of it because, well, that's for you guys to do and figure out on your own but I think some GMs are really coming around to the lottery picks in this class.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Interesting, and honestly most of your evaluation is pretty spot on. Except Musa, as know Dennis has no interest in him to due lack of defensive abilities. Also, I feel Fultz is more like a Dennis Smith Jr from last draft class, meanwhile Sexton looks like a Cameron Payne with little more playmaking, and slightly less turnover generation ability.
Last edited by hardenwithnod on Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

For me, it's Fultz vs JJJ for that number one spot, with JJJ looking slightly better.

As for our own pick, after the injuries we had in the last few sims, we're probably gonna end up having it this season and choosing at #7 or #8. It all depends on the lottery though. There are four players I'm considering picking there and at least one of them should be available by the time it's time for me to choose.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Fultz looks legit, not sure about what order I would draft but Fultz, Bridges and JJJ would be the first three I like.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Dennis trashes Musa at every possible opportunity lol. It would be hilarious to see him draft him and hype him as a mini LeBron after that :lol:

Aside from that decent mock. Can't disagree too much with any pick.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

BizGilwalker wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:50 pm Dennis trashes Musa at every possible opportunity lol. It would be hilarious to see him draft him and hype him as a mini LeBron after that :lol:

Time to prep our own mock draft as a draft team? :mrgreen:
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Let me join in on the mock.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Rizzo wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 2:29 pm
BizGilwalker wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 1:50 pm Dennis trashes Musa at every possible opportunity lol. It would be hilarious to see him draft him and hype him as a mini LeBron after that :lol:

Time to prep our own mock draft as a draft team? :mrgreen:
Let's wait till the draft lottery but yes it's almost that time

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Not sure where you see a mini lebron lol

CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dennis wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:06 pm

If you don't like Musa, send him my way. I will gladly take him.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

This is a solid mock.

Definitely seems like, all things considered, that its not the worst year to not have my pick...

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Dylan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:34 pm This is a solid mock.

Definitely seems like, all things considered, that its not the worst year to not have my pick...
True. Could have been much much worse.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:35 pm
Dylan wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:34 pm This is a solid mock.

True. Could have been much much worse.
Depends on what you are expecting. A starter? Then yes it is. A backup? Then no, it's a good year

CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:27 pm
Dennis wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 4:06 pm

If you don't like Musa, send him my way. I will gladly take him.
The one you are trying to trade in for is the one you could have mocked to me instead of letting him slip past me on your mock. I honestly see musa as a worse worse version of Hamilton.

But hey make it a three Way. Lauri to nola, ad to us and you can have the mini lebron.

CSL Champions Image 2028