League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Jayson Tatum On the Block

Write updates about your team or the league here.
thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Jayson Tatum On the Block

Post by thecoolestjedi »

A distraught Jayson Tatum looks on to another losing Suns season

The Phoenix Suns have been under .500 for another season in the Champion Sim League; a far cry from the title contender they were before the Wisconsin based ownership moved into the owners role. Jayson Tatum is a superstar Small Forward in the CSL and some would say is a unquestioned top 10 player within the league. The Suns however are into a top 5-10 team nor are they close to either; rather settling into a under .500, but not good enough for a Play-In spot. Enough was enough for Tatum who apparently requested a trade or else he would forgo signing with the Suns and would threaten to sit out Training Camp.

With the #2 in the draft coming up; this decision to trade Tatum has been made easier for the Suns who have agreed to find a partner for a sign and trade for Tatum. What team will come for him remains to be seen, but Tatum is expected to have a veto on which team it will be. Tatum has been with Phoenix since the 2028 season with a shock trade with Denver sending the core of a title roster to Denver and Tatum to Phoenix. The highlight of this time in the valley has been going 7 games in a 1st round series with the Kings; trades have backfired and so have signings for the Suns. Many within the organization expected a rebuild when the team got the 2nd overall pick.

Tatum expects to demand a high price from Suns management with them looking for multiple 1sts and a promising young player locked up under contract or multiple, decent ones. A durable player; it seems ripe for the Suns to move on from Tatum as the team seemed to hit a ceiling. A fan has commented with "Finally; we can rebuild'. This seems to be the common consensus around the team with many expecting this to occur last season. What it seems now is finding that dance partner for Tatum and looking at the front office to get the best possible value for him.

A representative from Jayson Tatum's camp had reached out to offer the following. "We are at a great place with Suns management as Jayson has come to them and asked out. While Jayson was excited for the Suns project they have failed to live up to their promises that they made upon trading for my client and that is unacceptable." When the Suns were reached for comment; a press office gave the following rebuttal. "While we would have loved to keep Jayson here in the Valley; it was obvious it was a toxic relationship. We have given the thought and planning to finding a trade for Jayson and wish to thank him for the 3 great seasons spent in a Suns uniform."
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

Ramcus
CEO

Re: Jayson Tatum On the Block

Post by Ramcus »

Everybody rebuilding! Philly, Milwaukee, Detroit, NOLA, LAC, Washington, Detroit. Houston in a mini rebuild. Now add Phoenix to the mix. The contenders are gonna have some good pieces added to their roster.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

Ramcus wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:34 am Everybody rebuilding! Philly, Milwaukee, Detroit, NOLA, LAC, Washington, Detroit. Houston in a mini rebuild. Now add Phoenix to the mix. The contenders are gonna have some good pieces added to their roster.
It was long overdue here
Phoenix Suns GM

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Understandable decision with jumping up in the draft. Hopefully Tatum finds a good new home and you get enough draft capital/young players to build around Garland and #2.

Exciting times in Phoenix!

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

Flaming Homer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:49 pm Understandable decision with jumping up in the draft. Hopefully Tatum finds a good new home and you get enough draft capital/young players to build around Garland and #2.

Exciting times in Phoenix!
That’s the hope!
Phoenix Suns GM

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Tatum is such a polarising figure in the league for some reason. Some rate him highly, others not so much. I'm one who does but be interesting to see the kind of offers you get for a guy that's hard to pin GM's value on.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Lots of good players out there right now. The interesting thing about Tatum is that he's also a UFA but I imagine a S&T can be accomplished
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Ramcus wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:34 am Everybody rebuilding! Philly, Milwaukee, Detroit, NOLA, LAC, Washington, Detroit. Houston in a mini rebuild. Now add Phoenix to the mix. The contenders are gonna have some good pieces added to their roster.
We're not rebuilding ... not at all. As for Tatum, as others have said, he's a bit of a polarizing player. I don't see him fitting my team, but he can be great in certain systems.
ImageImageImageImageImage

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I don't know how I missed this article, I loved the Cade Cunningham pick as I previously mentioned and I love that you haven't rushed into a Tatum deal and are taking your time to get accumulated to the league before making any major moves. Tatum at age 28 is a franchise level talent, and you have the caproom to comfortably bring him back on a team friendly deal. He's a big asset and you'll have all your 1sts after this season. The league is full of wolves so I'd tread lightly in trade talks and find someone in the league you can bounce ideas off of. Ayo Dosunmu is a very nice player to build around and I like Garland more than most. You aren't ready to win now but you can certainly compete but I am happy to see the patience you've shown. Cheers.
Ball is Life.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Keep him in the West!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Rizzo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:06 am Keep him in the West!
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:00 pm
Rizzo wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:06 am Keep him in the West!
Cleveland Cavaliers

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

blackice wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:00 am I don't know how I missed this article, I loved the Cade Cunningham pick as I previously mentioned and I love that you haven't rushed into a Tatum deal and are taking your time to get accumulated to the league before making any major moves. Tatum at age 28 is a franchise level talent, and you have the caproom to comfortably bring him back on a team friendly deal. He's a big asset and you'll have all your 1sts after this season. The league is full of wolves so I'd tread lightly in trade talks and find someone in the league you can bounce ideas off of. Ayo Dosunmu is a very nice player to build around and I like Garland more than most. You aren't ready to win now but you can certainly compete but I am happy to see the patience you've shown. Cheers.
Yeah thought this was a trade block post lol

This team needs time to return to their glory days. Tatum is really good but i don't think he can carry this team to the Playoffs by his lonesome. He's not like the Luka-Zion type of player who can be dominant even with little help from their teammates. Interesting to see who you're getting for him...
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

With Tatum and Lawson gone, it will most likely be a rough season in Phoenix.
But the backcourt duo of Garland and Cade has a good chance to show first glimpses what they could do in the future.