League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO

FA Questions

User avatar
Myles
Commissioner
Posts: 3171
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: Myles » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:50 pm

Low-sal contracts are going to be handled by DDS. We probably won’t sign any deals less than the tax-payer MLE, which starts at 3.3M.

To answer your question Shark, probably early next week. Depends on how the rest of FA plays out, but at our current pace I would estimate around Monday or Tuesday we do the end of FA in DDS. Probably like 3-4 sims.

User avatar
Sharkn20
General Manager
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:57 pm

Myles wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:50 pm
Low-sal contracts are going to be handled by DDS. We probably won’t sign any deals less than the tax-payer MLE, which starts at 3.3M.

To answer your question Shark, probably early next week. Depends on how the rest of FA plays out, but at our current pace I would estimate around Monday or Tuesday we do the end of FA in DDS. Probably like 3-4 sims.
Beautiful, not long then! Thank you Boss!

User avatar
Dylan
General Manager
Posts: 956
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:44 pm
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: Dylan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:17 pm

Ivica Zubac??? You there? I just upped your offer and you have no others right now, can you answer the phone?

User avatar
hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board
Posts: 4835
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:26 pm
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: hardenwithnod » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:55 am

From the responses, I assume the PAs are not handling anything for the room MLE offers? Even though they are listed as an option on the form?
Cotton/Trice/Ferrell
Devyn-Marble/Lewis
Hezonja/Dotson/Leaf
Anigbogu/Rabb/Giles/Spellman
Cauley-Stein/Marjanovic/Allen

User avatar
Myles
Commissioner
Posts: 3171
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: Myles » Fri Aug 16, 2019 4:52 pm

hardenwithnod wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:55 am
From the responses, I assume the PAs are not handling anything for the room MLE offers? Even though they are listed as an option on the form?
Yeah we weren’t sure when we started how far into FA we’d go, so we provided all the options. At this point, I don’t think we’ll be signing anyone to less than around a starting salary of 4M-ish. Doesn’t mean that every player offered a salary above 4M will sign, we’re fine letting a player go to DDS if they don’t like the offers they have here. But yeah at this point, anything that starts below 4M will just be a way of letting us know you are interested in said player. It might matter, it might not, the player might sign anyway. And he might not. Case by case basis.

User avatar
Ocons
CEO
Posts: 2443
Joined: Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:33 pm
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: Ocons » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:07 pm

That begs the question, how do we know what the player wants in this PA system? At this point, some guys have one or two offers and some are holding out for more money. Is there a formula for salary expectations?

For the most part, GMs have set the market (varying to wild degrees) but where there is one or no offers - it's tough.

I'm not participating but curious on that point - since we're not communicating any demands.
Image C Porzingis PF Dieng SF Hamilton SG Allen PG Irving

User avatar
Sharkn20
General Manager
Posts: 293
Joined: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:48 pm
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: Sharkn20 » Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:22 pm

Where can I find the Free Agents to make offers in game?

User avatar
Ramcus
General Manager
Posts: 361
Joined: Fri May 24, 2019 12:26 am
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: Ramcus » Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:44 am

Sharkn20 wrote:
Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:22 pm
Where can I find the Free Agents to make offers in game?
In the upper lefthand corner, there will be the free agents button.
Stay Me7o Image

Starters: Damian Lillard/ Justin Holiday/ Paul George/ Lauri Markkanen/ Dwight Howard
Bench: Aquille Carr/ Klay Thompson/ Lance Stephenson/ Brice Johnson/ Ivica Zubac
Backup: Yuta Watanabe/ Ante Zizic/ Derrick Jones

2022-2023 CSL Season: 30-52
2023-2024 CSL Season: (Signed Paul George)
New Orleans Pelicans GM
Image

User avatar
Cleasby
Senior Vice President
Posts: 1415
Joined: Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: FA Questions

Post Author: Cleasby » Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:19 am

A request from a European here. Since the fa SIM for day 1 happened at 11pm here can we stick to this time now please to allow us from the other continent to put bids in this evening? Rather than a 4pm GMT.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6262
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: Matthews, NC
Contact:

Re: Players Cut During Free Agency

Post Author: KW » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 am

What is going on with Dwight?

I cut him, but it was not processed (despite being locked) and I can't make offers, otherwise the game auto-deletes my offers.
Image
Tang | Okogie | Winslow | Chriss | Moore __ Macura | Butler | Mika

User avatar
Myles
Commissioner
Posts: 3171
Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:26 am
Contact:

Re: Players Cut During Free Agency

Post Author: Myles » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:34 am

KW wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 am
What is going on with Dwight?

I cut him, but it was not processed (despite being locked) and I can't make offers, otherwise the game auto-deletes my offers.
Looks to me like it was processed, but perhaps the simmer noticed it after? Player Movement is processed last among all the things processed during a sim so it wouldn't have affected anything anyway.

User avatar
KW
CSL Champ 2017
Posts: 6262
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2014 5:18 am
Location: Matthews, NC
Contact:

Re: Players Cut During Free Agency

Post Author: KW » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:37 am

Myles wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:34 am
KW wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:22 am
What is going on with Dwight?

I cut him, but it was not processed (despite being locked) and I can't make offers, otherwise the game auto-deletes my offers.
Looks to me like it was processed, but perhaps the simmer noticed it after? Player Movement is processed last among all the things processed during a sim so it wouldn't have affected anything anyway.
thanks I see it now... Wasn't on the file initially
Image
Tang | Okogie | Winslow | Chriss | Moore __ Macura | Butler | Mika

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests