League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2018-19 NBA Over/Unders

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

2018-19 NBA Over/Unders

Post by Myles »

Thought it was pretty fun last year, so I put the form together again! Here's the form with all the teams official over/unders from Vegas, and it would be cool if everyone filled it out, and we can see how right we are (or how wrong we are).

If you are unfamiliar with over/under, each team has a predicted number of wins, and you are just guessing if the team will go over that number or under. So the first team is the Atlanta Hawks at 23.5, you put over if you think they will win 24 or more games, and put under if you think they will win 23 or fewer games.

Here's the link to the form: https://goo.gl/forms/xZYesXP2EZxoMJyv2

I'll keep it live (so you can go back and edit your responses) until the first game of the seasons starts next Tuesday. After that I'll publish the results so we can see what we all think and monitor as the season goes on!

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2018-19 NBA Over/Unders

Post by Rizzo »

I’m in!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Done-zo

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Sent.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Done
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Should have waited til Butler is traded :-D
But done

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Done.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Flaming Homer wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 pm Should have waited til Butler is traded :-D
But done
I mean, season starts in less than a week. Gotta give people time to get their stuff in.

Plus I'm pretty sure you can edit your choices. If not, just submit another one after the Butler trade if you want to redo your choices.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Nah, just kidding!

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

in

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Done
Ball is Life.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Just logged my picks. I'll post everyone's picks by the end of the week!

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Done
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

The picks are in! We had 14 people participate, so thank you to all who made your picks. I'll post the table below with everyone's picks, but first, some fun stuff!

We Couldn't All Agree on Any Team
Last year, we had two unanimous picks, but that wasn't the case this year. The closest we came was New York (only mgtr81 picked over), Milwaukee (Andrei and BizGilwalker went under), Oklahoma City (Dennis and Myles went under), Portland (BizGilwalker and mgtr81 went under), and Orlando (BizGilwalker and Silogical went over). Time will tell if we were all mostly smart, or if we just had a few geniuses in our midst. Especially Biz, who's involved in 3 of the 5 instances above.

The Optimist Award
Blackice really believes in a lot of these teams, as he picked 20 different teams to finish over their predicted W/L total!

The Pessismist Award
Conversely, Andrei picked only 10 teams to finish above their W/L total.

Kick Them While They Are Down
Despite all having lines set at 31.5 or lower, more than 78% of us picked Chicago, New York, Orlando and Sacramento to finish below their predicted win total.

Can You Take Me Higher
Houston, Milwaukee, Oklahoma City, and Utah all have lines set at 48.5 wins, but that didn't stop us from picking the over more than 78% of the time on them.

With all that said, here's the spreadsheet of all our picks! Can't wait to see how it all turns out.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Yep, I definitely picked Philly under again

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Pound the over on the Celtics!
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Zach LaVine

Wait until Dunn and Markkanen are back. This Bulls team is better than 30 wins for sure.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:14 am Zach LaVine

Wait until Dunn and Markkanen are back. This Bulls team is better than 30 wins for sure.
Love your fandom but you're crazy dude. They are quite possibly the worst defensive team in the entire league.
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Rizzo wrote: Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:10 pm Love your fandom but you're crazy dude. They are quite possibly the worst defensive team in the entire league.
This

Even as the league decided to play no defense at all anymore (which I don't like), the Bulls are still a level below the rest.
Maybe with teams like Orlando, Atlanta, Washington (when they finally explode) they have a chance to steal some wins, but 30 would be a big success I think.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Somenotes on the stuff I've seen so far (i'm not up to date with most recent team records since I watch games a day late and try to avoid the standings page for spoilers):

Atlanta - only watched a few games but I love Young and think they should not regret trading for him (yet?).
Boston - they will figure it out. Talent is there and I think they need to settle that its Kyrie's and Tatum's team now.
Brooklyn - I love the way they played even last season. Not much talent but they are fun to watch.
Charlotte - Kemba is a stud. MKG is awesome on defense. They should be better than last year
Chicago - not a fan of what I'm seeing at the moment but they are missing players that I'm actually interested in (Lauri)
Cleveland - much worse than I thought they will be. Lue firing was a blessing for him
Dallas - I thought it will take longer for Luka to get used to NBA. Fun team to watch even if they won't win many games
Denver - Jokic is awesome and he is surrounded by very good guards + Milsap. They are lock for playoffs this year and can make some noise. Plumlee the muscliest player in NBA
Detroit - Blake is finally showing what he can do although I think they play ugly basketball. That game where he scored 50+ he was bringing up the ball a good few times and going one-on-one without even thinking of pass. Ugly stuff but if it works why not
GS - Curry and Durant (+Klay?) is like basketball poetry. I hate Draymo even though he is amazing basketball player and how do they ever find these no names every season?
Houston - yeah looks like that Melodrama is not what Houston needs right now.
Indiana - wow Sabonis is awesome. Did he start at SF in OKC his rookie year? WTF
Clippers - much better than I thought they will be. Biggest attraction is Boban (pun intended). He is such a liability on defense but so awesome on offense with those no jump dunks.
Lakers - have their moments but still a long way. May not make the playoffs this year although I kinda expect them to because of LBJ. Love the addition of Chandler and McGee is much better than that Shaqting a fool stuff that was popular a long time ago
Memphis - Conley/Gasol are awesome still and supporting cast is decent. JJJ will be KG type of a player in a few years. Was very surprised to see them dropping games to Sac and Pho as I expect them to make a run for playoffs.
Milwaukee - Giannis is human being 2.0. He is like an alien who landed here to play some basketball with us but comes from a planet of far superior beings in terms of size and athleticism. He can do Wilt type numbers
Minnesota - D-Rose is back? KAT is another one of those mega talents who's just not capable of producing wins
New Orleans - decent middle of the pack team but can Davis make a difference as we approach the end of the season?
New York - just not much that I can get excited about when watching these guys
OKC - I don't like Westbrook. He is such a streetball player. Sure there is plenty of hustle and heart but so little IQ in the way he plays.
Orlando - try to avoid them unless there is absolutely nothing else to do
Philly - I think Philly have a chance to win the East - health permitting. But I'm genuinely disappointed in Simmons' lack of progress from jumpshot perspective. I think teams are figuring out how to defend him and it makes him a liability. He's still a stud but just not that mega star player that I think he can be. Embiid is on another level though.
Phoenix - Devin Booker. Not much else to add
Portland - same as last year. Lillard/CJ/Nurkic are all good. But not enough to get excited
Sacramento - where is Zach Randolph?
San Antonio - lost all interest in them post Duncan/Manu/Tony/Kawhi
Toronto - speaking of Kawhi. Wow, dude is on another level - DeRozan is some G-League bench player compared to Kawhi
Utah - love me some Donovan Mitchell and the rest of the cast is very good. Ingles may be my favorite player
Washington - year after year I hope Wall will take the team to the next level but every time its a disappointment. He is like Melo - amazing talent yet only good for posting some numbers but not actually winning games.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!