League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Off-Season Schedule

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Off-Season Schedule

Post by emplep7 »

All,

The draft team will finalize some things with the draft (full draft order, workouts) and the pick forfeits for the year, but below will be the tentative schedule for the full off-season.

06/21 - Trade Office Opens
06/25 - Draft Officially Starts at 1200 GMT (trade office closes)
06/29 - Draft ends
07/02 - 07/04 - Coaching Sim
07/05 - 07/08 - Contract Decisions, Second Round Signings Start
07/09 - Free Agency Begins
07/26 - Free Agency Ends (we will try to speed up towards the end)
07/27 - 07/29 - Training Camp
07/31 - Pre-Season Start
08/06 - Regular Season Start

We will likely start the unofficial draft clock on Saturday to try to make up some days here and there, but use this as a gauge for the off-season.

-Jon

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Off-Season Schedule

Post by hardenwithnod »

Sounds good!
Big changes are coming in D.C.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

boooooooooo open the trade block now! lol

Thanks for the time table. Looks good to me. Should be a fun few weeks in Houston

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Why so long for the draft to start? Not a complaint but curious. Thx

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm Why so long for the draft to start? Not a complaint but curious. Thx
We still have workouts and interviews to do from the draft team (deadline is currently scheduled for Friday).

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Another month and 10 days until preseason. How am I gonna survive :o
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

WillyJakkz wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:39 pm Why so long for the draft to start? Not a complaint but curious. Thx
Draftteam is ready and finished everything on friday evening / Saturday. After that admins can start the draft whenever they want.

I'm a bit sad that the draft starts during the week as it takes away the real draftfeeling as most us will only be able to check everything in the evenings, but I'm happy thst we get the draft started. Excited even though lists are likely for me
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Probably the wrong place for this put could the powers that be look into letting us extend coaches in-season or allow us to have 1st shot at keeping our coaches before they hit the market. I personally want sure I wanted to keep mine till mid-season and it makes sense to evaluate a guy before you decide to extend him as a reward like IRL. Just a thought.
Cleveland Cavaliers

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

drumr wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 pm Probably the wrong place for this put could the powers that be look into letting us extend coaches in-season or allow us to have 1st shot at keeping our coaches before they hit the market. I personally want sure I wanted to keep mine till mid-season and it makes sense to evaluate a guy before you decide to extend him as a reward like IRL. Just a thought.
I can answer this now, but coaches in season are treated the exact same way in the league as players where no extensions are allowed in season. Typically the coach always resigns with its previous team in the off-season, but seeing as they all pretty much get thrown 5 year deals and have little to no impact on the game, we will be keeping the rules around this the same (with some clarity around in-season coach signings).

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Dont they have an impact on development? Someone pointed out the teams with those types of coaches had a lot of leaps if I remember. No worries it was just a thought.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

A little odd that there's a two day waiting period for the trade office to open, but it is what it is.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Jestor wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:16 pm A little odd that there's a two day waiting period for the trade office to open, but it is what it is.
Yeah I just want the flood gates to open up lol

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

emplep7 wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:27 pm
drumr wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:20 pm Probably the wrong place for this put could the powers that be look into letting us extend coaches in-season or allow us to have 1st shot at keeping our coaches before they hit the market. I personally want sure I wanted to keep mine till mid-season and it makes sense to evaluate a guy before you decide to extend him as a reward like IRL. Just a thought.
I can answer this now, but coaches in season are treated the exact same way in the league as players where no extensions are allowed in season. Typically the coach always resigns with its previous team in the off-season, but seeing as they all pretty much get thrown 5 year deals and have little to no impact on the game, we will be keeping the rules around this the same (with some clarity around in-season coach signings).
Thanks Jon - so just to confirm - can we extend Coaches during the Coach hiring stage? i.e. if my Coach has 2 years left on the contract the game allows to offer an extension for up to 3 years more I think - can we do this during Coach hiring? Same for AC1, 2 and 3?

I believe there are unlimited extensions for the Coaches in game so if we extend Coaches they can potentially stay with the same team until retirement.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Good point Andrei. I think for coaches we have landed where there are no extensions allowed in season or during the off-season. So the only time a coach can be re-signed is if their contract has expired. We will be sure to add that to the CBA to make sure its clear moving forward, but thanks for bringing that up.

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Schedule has been updated with the 2 day delay in FA, but the pre-season start date will likely still remain unchanged from before of this coming Monday.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

we're almost there! Thanks to the simmers for all your hard work

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Preseason time!

emplep7

Post by emplep7 »

Pre-season has been delayed 1 day to accommodate the late TC sim so that everyone has over 24 hours to get their first DC in. Schedule has been updated with the Regular Season star date.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Sounds good, thanks.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Thanks for all the work!!