League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Tough Situation

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

Tough Situation

Post by Ramcus »

The New Orleans Pelicans understand that their window is small, their opportunity is drawing to its close. In spite of that, they decided to go all in, trading for Klay Thompson, Justin Holiday and Lance Stephenson, done to address specific holes in their team. With such a star studded lineup, one would think that they are primed and ready for the playoffs. But the same New Orleans Pelicans have started off with a 6-11 record, recently losing to the yung bloods of the Lakers. With limited assets to trade, what will the Pelican's next move be? Clearly they won't be content with anything less then a playoff appearance, but if that means an 8th seeded 1st round exit to the Sacramento Kings, or the Phoenix Suns, will their efforts be for naught? Anthony Davis had this to say for his team:
Anthony Davis
I understand the situation we are in, and I appreciate the efforts the New Orleans Pelicans Front Office have gone through to build a championship contender around me. Despite this, I am extremely disappointed with how we've played this season. In regard to this, I will not give a verbal commitment to continue with this team after this season until after the trade deadline.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Re: Tough Situation

Post by Cleasby »

I don't think your team is as bad as it's record states. Sounds to me like people have got into your head on the chat. But looking at your results and DC I think that is the issue you just need to maximise your guys and you should then start to see the results fly in. Even if you get to the 8th seed with the elite talent you have you can make some noise.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Tough situation indeed. But I've to admit that it's a bold decision to go all in for one playoff appearance. I think I would have gone the saver, more sustainable way. So respect to you for that!
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

I assume you go hard and test this new squad out until the trade deadline and if it's not working, trade, trade, trade.

Klay should do wonders for the team though.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

I mean, its hard to rebuild without future firsts. If possible, keep adding pieces to the core, if you can and I think you have this season and next to contend.

But if you decide to rebuild, I will fully understand your decision.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

The good news is that even with that not optimal start you are still #8 in the West.
Like already said, if AD and GP go to the post season you cannot count them out. But on some point the team have to show it can win games over good teams.

With Klay and Holiday comes some help but 2-3 more solid role players would go long ways.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I think this is an easy situation to fix and could easily be a winning team. It would be a shame to waste a season with this talent.