League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Clippers Take Control of Future With Day 30 Deals

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dylan
Senior Vice President

Clippers Take Control of Future With Day 30 Deals

Post by Dylan »

With the day 30 restriction on the verge of being lifted, the Clippers massive changes are about to be unveiled. While GM Dylan doesn't love the idea of constantly overhauling his roster, the acknowledgement that the future was bleak - even if they competed for a playoff spot this season - meant that more changes would need to be made. The result: three huge trades that will bring a whole new roster to Los Angeles once again.

It was tough for Dylan and coach Terry Stotts to let go of some of their prized young talent so early on, but the opportunity to take control of their future by re-acquiring their draft pick for this season, as well as add some other pieces, was one they felt comfortable taking. With the team starting out the season at 3-10, it was clear that not much needed to be done to "tank," and re-acquiring their own draft pick ensures that despite a poor season, they may get the opportunity to add a franchise changing talent like Zion Williamson or Luka Doncic.

Along with re-acquiring their pick, the Clippers are still adding some interesting and talented pieces, even if they are slight misfits. Dylan is reportedly adding forward Giannis Antetokounmpo and Tyrone Wallace as well as guard Emmanuel Mudiay, among others. While it's unclear if these pieces totally fit together, they're still CSL-quality players, who can bring value on the court and on the trade market for the Clippers.

The Clippers are saying goodbye to a number of their young, valuable pieces, but are still holding onto a few of their core players. Star Mario Hezonja, and high quality role players Damien Inglis and Clint Capela aren't going anywhere, and will remain and integral part of the organization moving forward.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Re: Clippers Take Control of Future With Day 30 Deals

Post by Flaming Homer »

Getting your 1st back is huge.
I didn't expect this slow start of the season for the Clips with so many vets around, but with having the pick now it doesn't hurt so much.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Get that first is the best prize of all
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Mudiay with his third stint in LA then - Clippers, who drafted him, Lakers, and back to Clippers.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

What in the hell did you give up to get your top 5 pick back without giving up Hezonja?!

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Myles wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 11:27 pm What in the hell did you give up to get your top 5 pick back without giving up Hezonja?!
My dog, girlfriend and soul.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

I do not feel good about this :(

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

There is literally nothing worth the top 5 pick in a stacked draft. I hope Indy ran that trade by someone or it’s going to be awful which would be franchise crippling to a team without their own pick.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

emplep7 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 2:07 am There is literally nothing worth the top 5 pick in a stacked draft. I hope Indy ran that trade by someone or it’s going to be awful which would be franchise crippling to a team without their own pick.
Really don't think it was a sure fire top 5 pick until we agreed on it and I started playing the guys I'm trading a lot less. And it's a solid haul.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Dylan wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:04 am Indiana Pacers Send:

2024 Clippers 1st
Bro that's a lottery pick though.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

In what looks like the best draft of all time at the top.

He traded #3 and Derozan this year for Mudiay, Patton, and that pick.

He just moved Mudiay and that pick (again a lotto ticket for Zion/Luka) for the #15 and #21 picks in this draft and bench players.

I’d have to look at how you were playing before this trade was agreed on but boy that looks real bad right now.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

emplep7 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 3:16 am In what looks like the best draft of all time at the top.

He traded #3 and Derozan this year for Mudiay, Patton, and that pick.

He just moved Mudiay and that pick (again a lotto ticket for Zion/Luka) for the #15 and #21 picks in this draft and bench players.

I’d have to look at how you were playing before this trade was agreed on but boy that looks real bad right now.
It was being discussed before the season even started, and I started adjusting my strategy/lineups accordingly around game 3/4.