League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Kyrie Goes HAM in First Game for Jazz ; Team Not Done Making Moves

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Kyrie Goes HAM in First Game for Jazz ; Team Not Done Making Moves

Post by Ocons »

Welcome to Utah, Mr. Irving!
Salt Lake City, UT - After little to no activity for half the season, with simple-minded rumblings of the team tanking the season. . . the Utah Jazz front office made a big splash. In his first game as part of the team, Kyrie Irving showed why the team bankrolled nearly all of their future assets to bring him on board the ship.

38 points, 50% shooting, 8 rebounds, 8 assists, 2 steals. 29 point victory.
"I really felt wanted by this club. Based on the quick and pointed offer to acquire me, with the pieces they were willing to move - it meant a lot to me. I needed to return that favor and let the city know that I wanted to be here too! I have nothing but respect for Cleveland and don't blame them for the move, they'll always have a special place in my heart. That said, I can't be more excited to be in Utah and play with these guys. This front office is looking to stay busy and that makes me feel great. I expect a lot more games like this." - Kyrie Irving
The offer; three first round picks, Stephen Curry, Traveon Jackson and Evan Turner, was essentially the first one made by Utah and ultimately where the two teams landed. Most of the league has picked the winner of the trade based on their own personal opinion of the draft. The point is, it's a pretty good haul but the end result is yet to be seen.

Now, with Kristaps Porzingis, Bryce Cotton, Gorgui Dieng, Mo Bamba and some talented young depth the Jazz are primed to make a run at the playoffs - albeit a very against all odds run.
"Listen, we were never tanking. Regardless of what some clowns in this league thought. How could we? WE were playing our best guys and I consulted with three other self proclaimed masterminds to see if they could do any better with the team. Everyone failed. I don't have it in me to tank or, clearly, the patience to rebuild. It's laughable to call Kyrie old at 30. He's got a ton left in the tank and it's going to be fun around here for awhile with him and KP. That's a tough inside-outside duo to stop. I'll be honest, nobody else is safe and we might make another big move or two. At least we're trying to, seems the appetite to trade is wearing down before the deadline. A lot of guys seem to be focused on their little test league, which is fine. We're going to make a run at it. You watch, we'll get in. Book it." - GM OCons
To have any chance at all the team will have to win at least 75% of their games moving forward. Is the addition of Kyrie enough to make that happen? Will they make any more significant enough moves to improve the overall chemistry of the roster? Time will tell but get your popcorn ready!
Last edited by Ocons on Mon May 06, 2019 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clown.Show.League

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Kyrie Goes HAM in First Game for Jazz ; Team Not Done Making Moves

Post by hardenwithnod »

Impressive debut for sure, but man it's going to be tough to make it back into the playoffs race this late into the season, but then again we have seen teams like Portland who have made insane 2nd half runs before, so anything is possible.
Last edited by hardenwithnod on Mon May 06, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

No doubt. It's going to be absolutely impossible and might not even be close. We have to be the best team in the league to get there by winning 23 of our last 28 games. That's an .82% win percentage - bananas. Also assumes everyone else plays the same - which they won't. New Orleans looks like they might deal AD and there's no way they're a better team afterwards so the 8th spot might be juuuuuuust within reach as a result.

Either way, it will be fun!
Clown.Show.League

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

The self-proclaimed masterminds.

I think it was a great trade, just wish it was sooner so that you had more of a chance to make the playoffs. You're in a deep hole that you 'might' be able with a miracle to sneak into the 7th or 8th seed, but its going to be an uphill battle. GOod luck as I'm hoping you pull it out and find a way to do it.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Good luck trying to make the playoffs ..go jazz

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I have a feeling Kyrie will make Cleveland pay for dealing him by sending Utah to postseason and ruining the pick.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

1/10 article, no flat earth or “I’m a basketball genius” references in the Kyrie quote. Not woke enough

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

hahahah. This is a new Kyrie. The Mormons in Utah have already gotten to him.
Clown.Show.League

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

You played us so he wasn't exactly playing the highest of competition lol.

But it's looking good. I think getting Kyrie was a good move for you, regardless of your current record. If you can get a guy of that caliber, you do it.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 7:58 pm I have a feeling Kyrie will make Cleveland pay for dealing him by sending Utah to postseason and ruining the pick.
If they win 82% of their games they deserve it. Their schedule is pretty easy there's a chance. But it wouldn't ruin anything for me as my rebuild is not solely based on the draft. I have many options and the play I like isn't even projected to go lotto right noe.
Last edited by drumr on Mon May 06, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Considering we are 1-1 already. . . it's not looking good. LOL
Clown.Show.League

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Moist Monk sends his condolences

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

BizGilwalker wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 8:32 pm Moist Monk sends his condolences
Actually it's Kemba. There are 5 maybe 6 guys who give Kyrie absolute fits and I usually gameplan around them. He's never had a good game against Kemba. I learned that facing Detroit in the P.Os. ,but you already have the solution I found. Find a true PG so you can float him around.
Cleveland Cavaliers

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Yeah he went ham bacon and sausage in his debut

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams