League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Charlotte Hornets Press Conference

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Charlotte Hornets Press Conference

Post by ozymandias »

Charlotte Hornets Preseason Press Conference
With everyone else doing it and me being stuck home with a flu I decided to hold a press conference here in Charlotte.
Charlotte, November 20, 2022: Ladies and Gentlemen, with the free agency having ended and Charlotte Hornets recording 5 wins in the preseason, GM Dejan Cvetnarevic and head coach Tom Thibodeau would like to answer any questions you might have about the Hornets team or CSL in general.
NOTICE: Anyone asking "when will you trade me Kris Dunn?" will be thrown out by security. Thank you.
Last edited by ozymandias on Sat Feb 16, 2019 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: Charlotte Hortnets Press Confer

Post by WillyJakkz »

Cindy Cindy: Cindy Cindy here from CSL Tonite! Although it's early but with the preseason closing out and from what you saw from your team in Training Camp, how do you feel Kris Dunn and Trae Young are meshing at the guard spots and how do you feel they compare to some of the taller or bigger backcourts in the League or in the division in particular?

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Charlotte Hortnets Press Conference

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Great photoshop there lol

When are you trading me Trae Young?

I mean, what are the realistic expectations for the Hornets this time? Playoffs?
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Why does nobody ever talk about the Hornets? What can get the league excited about them this year?
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Worse.Press.Conference.Ever.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

WillyJakkz wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:35 am Worse.Press.Conference.Ever.
Haha sorry guys, my flu turned out to be much worse than I expected.

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Re: Charlotte Hortnets Press Confer

Post by ozymandias »

WillyJakkz wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:51 am
Cindy Cindy: Cindy Cindy here from CSL Tonite! Although it's early but with the preseason closing out and from what you saw from your team in Training Camp, how do you feel Kris Dunn and Trae Young are meshing at the guard spots and how do you feel they compare to some of the taller or bigger backcourts in the League or in the division in particular?
Hello Cindy! Unfortunately, Trae had some injury issues during the preseason and we didn't really get to see how he and Kris pair up. Which is a shame as that's what our preseason was supposed to be all about. Luckily, Trae is fine now and should be ready for the start of the season. When it comes to his size, the fact that he's the shortest PG in the division is something we'll try to use into our advantage. We're also very excited to have Kris start at SG as we believe that's the position he can excel at.

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:06 am Great photoshop there lol

When are you trading me Trae Young?

I mean, what are the realistic expectations for the Hornets this time? Playoffs?
I expected someone to come up with that Trae question lol.

We're really excited about the new season and can't wait for it to start. We improved a lot comparing to the last season and honestly, we hope this is the year we can end our postseason drought. Time will show whether we're up for it and should we make more changes before fighting for a spot in the playoffs.

ozymandias
Senior Vice President

Post by ozymandias »

Cleasby wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:59 pm Why does nobody ever talk about the Hornets? What can get the league excited about them this year?
Well, last season was a big disappointment which was a result of our front office still trying to adapt to the league as well as some roster issues. But it resulted in us acquiring Trae Young who should be our star player next to Kris. I guess all CSL fans will be excited to keep track of his progress. There's also a lot more to be excited about for this Hornets team in 22/23 season. We really hope the changes we made to our bench will result in more Ws. Hibbert should be efficient at both ends which is something we really lacked last season. We also signed Micic who'll be our ball handler when Kris and Trae aren't on the court.