League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Fury Videocast 9 -[joined by Gary]

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Coach Fury Videocast 9 -[joined by Gary]

Post by Cleasby »

[center]Episode link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YMszlui5n8[/center]
Joined this time by Gary/size]
Items covered this episode
1. Exum and Thompson trades
2. The rise of Corey Joseph
3. MVP candidates

Logo courtesy of RiotPunch
[center]Episode link - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YMszlui5n8[/center]
Last edited by Cleasby on Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 9 -[joined by Gary]

Post by hardenwithnod »

He lied, it's just me, and him.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I’ll be sure to give this a listen later tonight!

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

hardenwithnod wrote:He lied, it's just me, and him.
I was wondering about that lol.

Thanks for the Blake appreciation. I've been trying to keep all of my starters under 34 minutes this season in the hopes we can make it the long haul. Probably costing Blake the MVP in reality, but if we can make another run and at least see it out healthy its worth it.

I'm not sure about KLove getting it, but I'm definitely watching. Paul George is a beast. I expected Dallas to make him the centerpiece, but he's got time to figure out whats best.
Cleveland Cavaliers

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Coach Fury is certainly a traditionalist. To me it doesn't matter who starts a game. That is inconsequential, it matters who finishes.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

OneNole wrote:Coach Fury is certainly a traditionalist. To me it doesn't matter who starts a game. That is inconsequential, it matters who finishes.
Haha he sounds that way ;)
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Thanks for the kind words on Cory Joseph gentlemen!
He was for sure an interesting project and I am really happy about the results. I was the most worried about his efficiency when I drafted him but with preference work and surrounded by other scorers, he became a solid contributor.
I like him the best for his defense, rebounding and assists (12th in the league from the bench)
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Chilikonkarne wrote:Thanks for the kind words on Cory Joseph gentlemen!
He was for sure an interesting project and I am really happy about the results. I was the most worried about his efficiency when I drafted him but with preference work and surrounded by other scorers, he became a solid contributor.
I like him the best for his defense, rebounding and assists (12th in the league from the bench)
On hindsight, I should've drafted Joseph instead, but then again he might not have gotten the instruction work like he did with you since I had quite a few project players.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Good stuff
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

I actually agree on the MVP needing to start games, but for me it’s not an arbitrary thing. The star that comes off the bench is brought in to stagger, so that teams always have 1 or more stud in the game at a time. But because he comes off the bench at the start of each half, he isn’t going to go up against first units as often as other star players. He’ll miss the first four to six minutes of the half, which is almost always exclusively the opponent’s first unit.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

hardenwithnod wrote:
Chilikonkarne wrote:Thanks for the kind words on Cory Joseph gentlemen!
On hindsight, I should've drafted Joseph instead, but then again he might not have gotten the instruction work like he did with you since I had quite a few project players.
Yes I remember. You weren't too high on him because you drafted T.Jones with the 10th pick that year

http://championsimleague.com/viewtopic.php?f=97&t=4746
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Yep, now T Jones is in Houston launching 3s, lol.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Myles wrote:I actually agree on the MVP needing to start games, but for me it’s not an arbitrary thing. The star that comes off the bench is brought in to stagger, so that teams always have 1 or more stud in the game at a time. But because he comes off the bench at the start of each half, he isn’t going to go up against first units as often as other star players. He’ll miss the first four to six minutes of the half, which is almost always exclusively the opponent’s first unit.
Agree, I think they should be starting too. Georges minutes are down since getting to Dallas and so are his points (avg just over 22 in Dallas) and efficiency (down to just over 44%) are down also.

Just how I don't like guys playing players in unrealistic positions, I wish the engine would force unhappiness more for players playing less minutes than they expect so we could see a proper MVP race. I'm guilty of it too but be good to see Westbrook/Curry/George/Harden/Durant/Griffin/Davis, etc, all playing 34-35 minutes plus like they do in the NBA.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

bt wrote:
Myles wrote:I actually agree on the MVP needing to start games, but for me it’s not an arbitrary thing. The star that comes off the bench is brought in to stagger, so that teams always have 1 or more stud in the game at a time. But because he comes off the bench at the start of each half, he isn’t going to go up against first units as often as other star players. He’ll miss the first four to six minutes of the half, which is almost always exclusively the opponent’s first unit.
Agree, I think they should be starting too. Georges minutes are down since getting to Dallas and so are his points (avg just over 22 in Dallas) and efficiency (down to just over 44%) are down also.

Just how I don't like guys playing players in unrealistic positions, I wish the engine would force unhappiness more for players playing less minutes than they expect so we could see a proper MVP race. I'm guilty of it too but be good to see Westbrook/Curry/George/Harden/Durant/Griffin/Davis, etc, all playing 34-35 minutes plus like they do in the NBA.
8 of his 13 games here have been on the road and in 4 of his 5 home games hes been matched up with Harden (94% stop), kemba/oladipo, dion waiters, and Adams/Crowder from Memphis.

But his stats will likely drop on this team due to the fact hes a different type of player to Harden. Players that drive tend to take more shots than players that have a more rounded game.

We hope next year we can get him in the running for mvp and 6th man

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Yeah, how they dropped could be from anything. Was just mentioning it in relation to the MVP conversation that the guys in the videocast were talking about as it probably hurts his MVP consideration.

How his stats have dropped, for whatever reason, are irrelevant.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Paul George is in a different system in DAL than in ORL, he won't look like the same player there statistically and I saw he started 1 game but he definitely didn't expect to be coming off the bench. I personally don't like it because he is my favorite player and damn sure hate to hear the ridiculousness of Exum at C.

I honestly hate Biz' rotations and positioning

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF J Isaac
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

WillyJakkz wrote:Paul George is in a different system in DAL than in ORL, he won't look like the same player there statistically and I saw he started 1 game but he definitely didn't expect to be coming off the bench. I personally don't like it because he is my favorite player and damn sure hate to hear the ridiculousness of Exum at C.

I honestly hate Biz' rotations and positioning
I think George will be back to the starting lineup after the all star break....