League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Fury Videocast 6 - [joined by Dennis] draft board II

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 6 - [joined by Dennis] draft board

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote:
OneNole wrote:I think i made my point. And others mentioned they would rather have no info than bad info.
Yeah I can make points too without backing them up with proof.
But it's no problem. I will just edit the acess to the MSN-BC channel. If you don't want our bad info, it's okay. It's not a must to read it.
If anyone else wants to not be bothered by seeing that forum you can send me a message.

So, I think we said everything.
Must be that time of the month.
Someone's opinion doesn't mean everyone feels that's way. I like the misleading information combined with the new scouting system better anyway.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

That explanation on shooting makes sense, so it's cool. It just didn't sound clear when you stated how you hyped guys like FVV up during the podcast. It's all clear now, so it's cool.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Andrewu91 wrote: Must be that time of the month.
Someone's opinion doesn't mean everyone feels that's way. I like the misleading information combined with the new scouting system better anyway.
I like this kind of information too. Makes it more realistic in my opinion. I mean just read all the articles about the upcoming real NBA draft and probably half of them are completely wrong. Every front office has to live with that though.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

The draft team members should only have the ratings for 30 players. Maximum 2 draft team members.

2 members handle the creation, txt files and send out the scouts. When a GM scouts they scout from one block of 30 at a time.

For articles you dont need complete information. Anyone should be able to write an article on a player they would simply receive two scouts from a draft team member and write their article. It will be just as accurate/inaccurate as they are right now.

For the big board each player will receive an overall grade based on the players ratings. Only the draft member will know this grade for their 30 players. This grade is then randomized and the big board is created.

Now each scout team member has complete information on 30 players and no information on 30 players. if I was a part of the draft team this is how I would do it because i wouldnt want an advantage over other GMs.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Just not possible because this aint a job for us. We just do it as a hobby. Overall it would be the best way to do it, but theres no chance two people will be able to handle all this.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote:Just not possible because this aint a job for us. We just do it as a hobby. Overall it would be the best way to do it, but theres no chance two people will be able to handle all this.
1 person cant handle creating 30 players, sending out scouts for half the class, and imputing the ratings for half the class? They would have no responsibility on the article writing side. I would volunteer to be one of the 2 draft members.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Silogical wrote:
Dennis wrote:Just not possible because this aint a job for us. We just do it as a hobby. Overall it would be the best way to do it, but theres no chance two people will be able to handle all this.
1 person cant handle creating 30 players, sending out scouts, and imputing the ratings? They would have no responsibility on the article writing side. I would volunteer to be one of the 2 draft members.
Yeah it's a ton of work. You can ask guys that have been the draftheads. Also, pretty unrealistic that one guy is able to write as many articles as needed. Look at the GMs around the league. Most GMs aren't even able to write one article per scouting period and, honestly, members in the league would be pissed if only one rookie article would be posted per scouting period.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote:
Silogical wrote:
1 person cant handle creating 30 players, sending out scouts, and imputing the ratings? They would have no responsibility on the article writing side. I would volunteer to be one of the 2 draft members.
Yeah it's a ton of work. You can ask guys that have been the draftheads. Also, pretty unrealistic that one guy is able to write as many articles as needed. Look at the GMs around the league. Most GMs aren't even able to write one article per scouting period and, honestly, members in the league would be pissed if only one rookie article would be posted per scouting period.
My proposal separated articles from draft heads.

Anyone can write articles on players for additional scouting. Lets say for example you and rizzo are the draft heads responsible for 30 players each. Articles on these players dont come from you two you two stay out of that department. When someone wants to write an article on a player they will contact one of you two and you will send them two or four scouts on a player. They use that information to write their article. This would be separate from regular scouting. (how many scouts given for these articles can change based on how many people are applying to write an article. If its low offer more scouts if there are a lot of people wanting to write articles reduce the scouts given)

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Do you think enough gms would volunteer? I know we have gms that love to write draft related articles, but I'm not sure it would be enough to be honest. Might be wrong though.

CSL Champions Image 2028

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Silogical wrote:
Dennis wrote:
Silogical wrote:
My proposal separated articles from draft heads.

Anyone can write articles on players for additional scouting. Lets say for example you and rizzo are the draft heads responsible for 30 players each. Articles on these players dont come from you two you two stay out of that department. When someone wants to write an article on a player they will contact one of you two and you will send them two or four scouts on a player. They use that information to write their article. This would be separate from regular scouting. (how many scouts given for these articles can change based on how many people are applying to write an article. If its low offer more scouts if there are a lot of people wanting to write articles reduce the scouts given)
ive made similar suggestions to admins before. they did something kinda similar in the nll
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Dennis wrote:Do you think enough gms would volunteer? I know we have gms that love to write draft related articles, but I'm not sure it would be enough to be honest. Might be wrong though.
It depends on the scouts given.

Lets say an article(media) team is put together. the article writers have a responsibility to be as accurate as possible. However since they dont have complete information articles will be like real life they may not be 100% accurate.
If you gave 4 scouts for wire tap length and 8 scouts for insider length(or casts).
for lottery mocks you could give 7 scouts on 7 different players
for 1st round mocks(double length of insider) you could give 15 scouts on 15 different players.

Using those numbers you will get a ton of articles from the media team.
Last edited by Silogical on Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Najira and mike had full access to the entire class back then. So it's different to what silo suggested. Looking forward to see you two run the ship. It's pretty much like as if like still 3+ are running the draft department. No Brett;)

CSL Champions Image 2028

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Dennis wrote:Najira and mike had full access to the entire class back then. So it's different to what silo suggested. Looking forward to see you two run the ship. It's pretty much like as if like still 3+ are running the draft department. No Brett;)
najira only had access to his 30 and vice versa. at least from the words of najira
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

No they created 30 each. Afterwards they had full access though. That's why najira was able to write articles for the entire class. Jem didn't write much or at all. He mostly/only sent the scouts.
They didn't have access to all prospects until they put together the final scouting file though. So they created the 30 each without knowledge of how the 30 guys of the other draftguy looked like. but they had full knowledge when both have finished their 30.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Dennis wrote:No they created 30 each. Afterwards they had full access though. That's why najira was able to write articles for the entire class. Jem didn't write much or at all. He mostly/only sent the scouts.
They didn't have access to all prospects until they put together the final scouting file though. So they created the 30 each without knowledge of how the 30 guys of the other draftguy looked like. but they had full knowledge when both have finished their 30.
Wasnt the overhead from Naj and burnout one of the reasons the league died and Naj left?

Personally I like the up and down media here as it gives a real life feel to the system. Yes guys will know names but it all comes down to GM's being active getting articles done and scouting. If you do that you won't have any issues come draft day.

From my view and not the draft teams I like the articles as a GM because it helps me build up a character of that player I draft so he is not just a sense of numbers but how he was projected and whether he is the right fit for my team.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Cleasby wrote:
Wasnt the overhead from Naj and burnout one of the reasons the league died and Naj left?

Personally I like the up and down media here as it gives a real life feel to the system. Yes guys will know names but it all comes down to GM's being active getting articles done and scouting. If you do that you won't have any issues come draft day.

From my view and not the draft teams I like the articles as a GM because it helps me build up a character of that player I draft so he is not just a sense of numbers but how he was projected and whether he is the right fit for my team.
64 scouts and the wonderful back stories isnt enough. Especially if you have more than 1 draft pick. If you have 4 1sts and some 2nds its not even close to enough. there is no reason why article writers need complete information. instead they should be sharing the wealth and let anyone write additional articles for additional scouts.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

At times I ask myself if the skilllevel between csl and nll is so different. In the nll no one even complained at all and over there this tool was used for years and gms had less scouts. For me, the number of scouts has been enough in the nll. Of course it gets more difficult when you have many picks. Pretty much just like in real-life. Let's see how the draft pans out this year. I'm sure the drafrorder will be close to our tier ranking in our spreadsheet.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Get those scouts in! Deadline for December closes tomorrow!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]