League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Coach Fury Videocast 3 - [joined by Denver GM Myles]

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Coach Fury Videocast 3 - [joined by Denver GM Myles]

Post by Cleasby »

[center]Episode link - https://youtu.be/bidXohBkMUY[/center]
Joined this time by Denver GM Myles
Items covered this episode
1. DDSPB 17 series - Chicago

2. Trades covered:
[list]
DEN/NYK;
POR/CHI;
HOU/DAL/MEM;
UTAH/BOS/LAL[/list]
3. The biggest burning question

Logo courtesy of RiotPunch
[center]Episode link - https://youtu.be/C0xQAqBa6ME[/center]
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: Coach Fury Videocast 3 - [joined by Denver GM Myles]

Post by OneNole »

Good listen as usual. Had to break it in to two segments due to how long it was. I'd have to agree with most things said. Although for my own team I do think we have pretty decent fit and hopefully have an even better fit after the Harden deal.

We have more 3 point shooting, more defense, and maybe a little more shot creating. Biggest questions is that we aren't quite as deep as we are but probably deep enough, and how well 3 scorers will coexist as no one has had 3 scorers like I have. My previous big 3 worked fairly well, so I am hoping this crew can as well with the increased efficiency.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Haven't gotten a chance to listen to this yet, but I will take a listen over the weekend. Looking forward to it! 2 quality, veteran podcasters!

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Very cool podcast and Im sorry that I wasnt able to make it. However, we will do a special one the next week, Chris. Just need to find a date.

Concerning the podcast itself.. Thanks for the feedback on my trade with Utah. You both have been pretty spot on. At first concerning the protection thing.. Both teams definitely need to have an agreement before anything can be posted. When I woke up and saw the trade posted, I thought there was an agreement in place. You guys know the rest of the story. Also, I do believe we got very good return for Faried. Kenneth scored a lot for us, but I think the reason was we dont have many scorer on our team. That's why I think, that Gordon can be a 16-9-1-1 guy for us too. He's super efficient, doesnt need instructions and is an unbelievable good defender - and that's the most important point. We want to build a defense first team like SAC/PHX and no star studded team. Hence, he fits our future plans perfectly. We will suck for 1-2 seasons, but loaded with picks, we should be back stronger in a few seasons.
Also I do like the Utah pick, it might be in the 17-23 range, but it's a gamble I love to take. No one was expecting the Houston pick I own to be a 12-16'ish one either. So, you never know what you get. Gordon also might see some minutes as C next season with Mickey starting at PF. It will be fun to run some experiments as soon as 21 starts.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Another great listen guys. Very much enjoy having these on in the background when I'm working.

Dallas are definitely tough. I'm not sure how we match up with them just yet based on what they're planning to do and with us still trying to work through rotation issues after the McGary trade but they're strong in the back court where we are very defensive and I guess I'm hoping if Harden does move into the post, that's where McGary can really help us and take advantage of the mismatch.

If we ever faced them of course. Suns could still easily make the finals here.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Great podcast, I love this series. Dallas is definitely this years Phoenix where everyone pre-playoffs is talking about how unstoppable they are. There is no perfect team in the CSL and each top team has at least one major weakness. If you look close enough at the stats, you can game plan around them in the playoffs and try to sneak off with a W.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Quality work once again. Thanks for the work guys!
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)