League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.3 - Draft Special Part 4

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.3 - Draft Special Part 4

Post by GreenBear »

Draft Special Episode!

Special Guests:
- Kyrus (Houston GM)
- Marcos (Philly GM)

Part 4 Topics:
- Pick 21 through 30 analysis

YouTube: Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.3 - Draft Special Part 4 (YouTube Presentation)

audio: Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.3 - Draft Special Part 4 (Audio)

This is Part 4 of a 4-Part Draft Special.

Disclaimer: we had a lot of fun doing the pick analysis, and it's purely for entertainment. If we were critical with any pick, we promise it is nothing personal, and it's not that big of a deal. Heck, Kyrus and Marcos were both critical of the Murphy pick at #4, and I'm absolutely going to dunk on both of them when he becomes the goat. We hope you enjoy!

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.3 - Draft Special Part 4

Post by Marcos_Beck »

That wraps it up
This was extremely fun, we ended up talking almost 3 hours of CSL non stop, glad you guys enjoyed it!

We’re heading to our 18th season, this is trully unbelievable, how much I love this league and our community is amazing, glad to be part of CSL and may we have 18 more!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Overall take:
I'm honored you guys talked about the Orlando Magic for 4 entire episodes, it kept me engaged thanks!

Overall it was pretty repetitive though after you guys described the other player traits you all kept saying great player or this guy might be a good player etc all in agreement.

I thought Marcos would speak more humbly after the KAT trade was what made him a champ. But listening to his draft analysis in comparison to the rest of the podcast group overall he seemed to want to be the smartest guy in the room when speaking on the players. It may just take time to adjust to the group setting with you all.

Interested in seeing which players get +10's, looking forward to it!

Good ep. Lots of work went into this Draft Special podcast so kudos!

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

I have to interrupt my scheduled History of Rome podcast listening to tune into these :lol:

These are very insightful to learn about how some of the best GMs view players. And I think you guys are slowly but surely getting better at the talk radio format. Keep it up!
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

good listen. i would say you guys over-hyped 29/30 players and under-hyped 1/30 Mark Williams.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

WillyJakkz wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:37 am Overall take:
I'm honored you guys talked about the Orlando Magic for 4 entire episodes, it kept me engaged thanks!

Overall it was pretty repetitive though after you guys described the other player traits you all kept saying great player or this guy might be a good player etc all in agreement.

I thought Marcos would speak more humbly after the KAT trade was what made him a champ. But listening to his draft analysis in comparison to the rest of the podcast group overall he seemed to want to be the smartest guy in the room when speaking on the players. It may just take time to adjust to the group setting with you all.

Ha, yeah it does get a little tough to come up with creative new player descriptions/comparisons by late in the first. I think that's very fair. Maybe I can workshop this a bit for next year to keep it fresh by the end. Cheers on the feedback.

I think that's a bit harsh of Marcos. I find him to be a really humble guy. I think we all need to consider that English isn't his first language, which I imagine keeps him from being as articulate as he would be in his native tongue. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit for this.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:08 pm I have to interrupt my scheduled History of Rome podcast listening to tune into these :lol:

These are very insightful to learn about how some of the best GMs view players. And I think you guys are slowly but surely getting better at the talk radio format. Keep it up!
Haha glad we could break up your history lessons! Glad you're enjoying our pods 🙂

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Silogical wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:39 pm good listen. i would say you guys over-hyped 29/30 players and under-hyped 1/30 Mark Williams.
Ha, we were tough on a couple other guys too, but fair point there. I think we (those of us on the pod) were all just surprised Jovic didn't go #1 overall. If Williams goes #2, he probably gets over-hyped too. I was looking to take him #4. But the beauty of the draft is that different GMs interpret and project the ratings differently.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

GreenBear wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:52 pm
WillyJakkz wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:37 am Overall take:

I think that's a bit harsh of Marcos. I find him to be a really humble guy. I think we all need to consider that English isn't his first language, which I imagine keeps him from being as articulate as he would be in his native tongue. I don't think he gets nearly enough credit for this.
That is a good point, I can attest to it how hard it is to be in a call and try to understand and formulate everything correct if it is not your first language! That is not easy.

And I think Marcos does a terrific job here.

Good to see you guys have so much fun, that it what the league should be all about!

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I really appreciate the feedback Willy, I know it’s constructive coming from you and I’ll work hard to keep that in mind for next pods as I don’t want to seem like my opinion is higher than anyone else, specially as the guys had more knowledge on the class than I did

Thanks and I’ll be better come next episode!!!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Great podcast and I’m still mad at myself for passing on Wilkes (and now we have to see him in Minny).

Seems to be a pretty strong draft overall though and you guys did an awesome job at analyzing all of the picks! Great to get Kyrus in there too for some insider scoop on the creation process.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

We need to bring this back! I will carve time out and listen to it, it's so enjoyable!
Ball is Life.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:15 am I really appreciate the feedback Willy, I know it’s constructive coming from you and I’ll work hard to keep that in mind for next pods as I don’t want to seem like my opinion is higher than anyone else, specially as the guys had more knowledge on the class than I did

Thanks and I’ll be better come next episode!!!
I have you coming out of the East, I hope you can go back to back before the rebuild. Go for it, Miami is gonna be tough to get by but you can do it.
Ball is Life.