League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.2 - Part 1

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.2 - Part 1

Post by GreenBear »

I broke this one up into 2 parts with the goal of having them be more digestible for everyone. So make sure to listen to part 2 when you're done with this one.

Part 1 Topics:
- Gary discusses his side of the Trae Young trade
- MVP Candidates
- RotY Candidates

If you want to watch it on YouTube: Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.2 - Part 1 (YouTube Presentation)

If you want to download it and listen to the audio: Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.2 - Part 1 (Audio)

Big thanks to Gary for joining me!

Feel free to let me know ways the podcast can be improved via comments below (or a PM).

As always, if you're interested in being on a future episode, please don't hesitate to reach out!
Last edited by GreenBear on Sat Aug 19, 2023 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Re: Choke City Podcast (Reboot) - Ep 1.2 - Part 1

Post by hardenwithnod »

Thanks for having me on!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

While I appreciate the love for Snail Magic, I don't think he deserves Top 3 or even 5 for MVP. He might be our entire offense but also our offense is like the 2nd worst in the CSL. If our offense was even just average, I'd agree that he deserves some MVP love. But we're terrrible offensively despite Smailagic's help :lol:

Walker is running away with ROTY but MVP should be interesting this year. My vote probably goes to MPJ.
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:00 pm While I appreciate the love for Snail Magic, I don't think he deserves Top 3 or even 5 for MVP. He might be our entire offense but also our offense is like the 2nd worst in the CSL. If our offense was even just average, I'd agree that he deserves some MVP love. But we're terrrible offensively despite Smailagic's help :lol:

Walker is running away with ROTY but MVP should be interesting this year. My vote probably goes to MPJ.
I could easily be persuaded on any of the top 5 MVP candidates this year. It'll be very interesting indeed. I don't expect Snail Magic to win it, but there's no denying how reliant your team is on him for offense, and he delivers spectacularly. I know sometimes we throw stuff like this around and say " (Insert player) is his team's entire offense", but for Snail Magic it's actually true. Other than Daniel Hamilton (13.0 ppg on a paltry .446 TS%), the next highest scorer is Nassir Little at... 7.1 ppg! That's absurd.

Imho, he at least deserves to be on some ballots.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

It's time to test Smailagic for steroids use.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Nice work with this series. I personally have a hard time seeing an MVP from a non-winning team, but maybe it's just me.
ImageImageImageImageImage

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

GreenBear wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 4:00 pm
TheTwoWallaces wrote: Mon Jul 03, 2023 3:00 pm While I appreciate the love for Snail Magic, I don't think he deserves Top 3 or even 5 for MVP. He might be our entire offense but also our offense is like the 2nd worst in the CSL. If our offense was even just average, I'd agree that he deserves some MVP love. But we're terrrible offensively despite Smailagic's help :lol:

I could easily be persuaded on any of the top 5 MVP candidates this year. It'll be very interesting indeed. I don't expect Snail Magic to win it, but there's no denying how reliant your team is on him for offense, and he delivers spectacularly. I know sometimes we throw stuff like this around and say " (Insert player) is his team's entire offense", but for Snail Magic it's actually true. Other than Daniel Hamilton (13.0 ppg on a paltry .446 TS%), the next highest scorer is Nassir Little at... 7.1 ppg! That's absurd.

Imho, he at least deserves to be on some ballots.
Nassir Little is also 2nd on that team in FG% :shock: The fact they're in the playoff hunt absolutely deserves some props.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Great job again guys!! Interesting to hear the different takes.

And agree, the CSL really missed that kind of content! Thanks Doug for bringing it back.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

MVP(most valuable player) would be Luka in my eyes. 34-7-6-2 on 44% shooting and 39% from three in 20+ games with the Knicks :|

If not him, maybe Culver who has been winning in Memphis without their 2nd best player statistically
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:34 pm MVP(most valuable player) would be Luka in my eyes. 34-7-6-2 on 44% shooting and 39% from three in 20+ games with the Knicks :|

If not him, maybe Culver who has been winning in Memphis without their 2nd best player statistically
Yeah, while he's not my top choice, I certainly see the argument for Luka, and I think a majority of GMs will probably agree with you. Culver just missed my list because I thought he didn't play enough games, but that's very subjective. No problem with him getting attention.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 1:40 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:34 pm MVP(most valuable player) would be Luka in my eyes. 34-7-6-2 on 44% shooting and 39% from three in 20+ games with the Knicks :|

Yeah, while he's not my top choice, I certainly see the argument for Luka, and I think a majority of GMs will probably agree with you. Culver just missed my list because I thought he didn't play enough games, but that's very subjective. No problem with him getting attention.
Trust me. I don't win awards around here. Hah

Who were your top 3?
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Andrewu91 wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 6:22 am Who were your top 3?
If only I shared my thoughts on this somewhere ;)