League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Recruiting Chatter

geebob
General Manager

Re: Recruiting Chatter

Post by geebob »

OneNole wrote:So if they don't commit during thr in home visit they wont commit?
Some will commit after the first home visit, some will require multiple visits, some won't commit until the L.O.I. signings, and some won't commit until the Spring signing period. Usually, if you're in first place after the Fall contact period, you'll land the recruit eventually (always try to make a follow-up visit in March if they haven't signed).

...And the really, really great prospect that you thoroughly scouted will turn out to be crap, while the kid that you didn't give a second look to will sign for a rival team and kill you for 4 years. (but I digress)

To add to the ND State discussion: Only one in four recruits will be a good player, one will be a fringe player or sub, one will have great potential but never develop, and one will be a downright bust. Sometimes the lower ranked players will turn out to be the best players, so every scholarship might matter.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

geebob wrote:
OneNole wrote:So if they don't commit during thr in home visit they wont commit?
Some will commit after the first home visit, some will require multiple visits, some won't commit until the L.O.I. signings, and some won't commit until the Spring signing period. Usually, if you're in first place after the Fall contact period, you'll land the recruit eventually (always try to make a follow-up visit in March if they haven't signed).

...And the really, really great prospect that you thoroughly scouted will turn out to be crap, while the kid that you didn't give a second look to will sign for a rival team and kill you for 4 years. (but I digress)

To add to the ND State discussion: Only one in four recruits will be a good player, one will be a fringe player or sub, one will have great potential but never develop, and one will be a downright bust. Sometimes the lower ranked players will turn out to be the best players, so every scholarship might matter.
good info
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

We have an IVY league coach holy shit!! I'm shocked
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

What the hell was my athletic director smoking when he planned my schedule? I'm supposed to play a road game at #16 Stanford... for real?!