League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Magazines

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Magazines

Post by Rizzo »

Now that we are into recruiting, has anyone gotten some good information from their magazines?

On the other hand, anyone else see any issues with their import from the magazines? I know Marcos reported buying two magazines but only has one at his disposal. For myself, I only bought the basic magazine for my region but it doesn't show up for me.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: Magazines

Post by Myles »

You won't "see" the basic report. The Gold report is the one that shows up on the left. If you got a basic or general report, you won't see a report, but they give you additional info on recruits in wherever you purchased the report for.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Myles wrote:You won't "see" the basic report. The Gold report is the one that shows up on the left. If you got a basic or general report, you won't see a report, but they give you additional info on recruits in wherever you purchased the report for.
Ahh ok. What type of info do they give you?
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

AlexC
General Manager

Post by AlexC »

Don't know how much more extra info they give, for sure on the category that says "mag" it will tell you their Star Ranking from 1-5.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Failed to submit the file on time so no magazine :(
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Yea, i have no clue. At least I know who has mild interest. But i think the coaxhes i assigned for roles didn't take. Oh well.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Good recruits out there rankings will change a bit but still pretty decent highschool talent
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Mattybriand wrote:Good recruits out there rankings will change a bit but still pretty decent highschool talent
How do you know? Are you just looking at players and their high school stats? I am watching ten different players' game film this week to hopefully get a feel for what's going on with some of these kids.
Career Accolades:
- 0 CSL Championships

- oCSL Marcus Smart

geebob
General Manager

Post by geebob »

Rizzo wrote:How do you know? Are you just looking at players and their high school stats? I am watching ten different players' game film this week to hopefully get a feel for what's going on with some of these kids.
Go by the letter grades, but make sure you've watched the recruit either in person or at a camp (or both) before you tender a scholarship. Film and magazines are great for getting a general idea of how good a recruit is, but the eyeball test is the most important.

The magazine rankings will change during the course of the recruiting periods, so it is worthwhile to check those as a reference if you have the Gold reports available.
2017-02-13_2043.png
Note, the magazine rankings on the left of the pic generally correspond to the overall letter grade of the recruit, but more detailed scouting can reveal that some players are much worse or better than their rankings would indicate. Additionally, when choosing between players of roughly equal talent, keep in mind the style of basketball that you want to play (eg. a center with a D or F in rebounding probably isn't a great choice for my low-post offense and zone defense, but might be fine for a team running a Princeton offense and trapping defense).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.