League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

OKC hire 8timechamp

andrei
Chairman of the Board

OKC hire 8timechamp

Post by andrei »

After an impressive stint with the Miami Heat as Assistant GM - 8timechamp has been offered a full-time General Manager role by the Oklahoma City Thunder.

Congrats man - great participation and we are looking forward to seeing what you can do in OKC!!!
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Re: OKC hire 8timechamp

Post by 8timechamp »

First and foremost I would like to thank Silogical for giving me the chance to be the assistant for the Miami Heat. We talked daily about the team, and he helped me a lot. He is a smart gm and the Heat are in good hands.
But I am excited to be my own general manager and run the show now. The Thunder have some solid depth. Sucks we traded Durant to the Spurs but its okay, we will recover.

Rob
Senior Vice President

Post by Rob »

Congrats man!

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Welcome!
Ball is Life.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Congrats on getting your own team! Sucks you don't have Durant anymore, but you've got some solid pieces to work with. Good luck in OKC!

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Glad OKC has a GM now. That team is in shambles compared to what it once was, but they have some very solid pieces and need to either commit to a full rebuild or try to compete. One of those teams that could go either way. It'll be interesting to see how you build that team. Good luck!

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

It wont be long before OKC rises to the top im sure of that.

Miami is looking for another Assistant GM to fill the void.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

BizGilwalker wrote:Glad OKC has a GM now. That team is in shambles compared to what it once was, but they have some very solid pieces and need to either commit to a full rebuild or try to compete. One of those teams that could go either way. It'll be interesting to see how you build that team. Good luck!
My team sort of reminds me of the real life Rockets before they got Harden. We have some pieces but no star players. Durant was here but was traded for Nick Johnson. While Nick is good I don't think he will ever be Durant good. But like I was saying, one big trade for a superstar and we can be back in contention.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Sweet welcome aboard as a full fledged gm good to see we got a ton of active gms!!! That's gonna make this league real fun!

In other news I picked up madden 16!! So maybe my activity might take a hit
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

8timechamp wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:Glad OKC has a GM now. That team is in shambles compared to what it once was, but they have some very solid pieces and need to either commit to a full rebuild or try to compete. One of those teams that could go either way. It'll be interesting to see how you build that team. Good luck!
My team sort of reminds me of the real life Rockets before they got Harden. We have some pieces but no star players. Durant was here but was traded for Nick Johnson. While Nick is good I don't think he will ever be Durant good. But like I was saying, one big trade for a superstar and we can be back in contention.
You did get MKG (my favorite player in the NBA) and John Henson in that trade as well, both of whom are very good at what they do. MKG might already be the best perimeter defender in the CSL already, so he's a piece with a ton of trade value. I would have offered quite a haul at the trade deadline had OKC's GM been around.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

BizGilwalker wrote:
8timechamp wrote:
You did get MKG (my favorite player in the NBA) and John Henson in that trade as well, both of whom are very good at what they do. MKG might already be the best perimeter defender in the CSL already, so he's a piece with a ton of trade value. I would have offered quite a haul at the trade deadline had OKC's GM been around.
If you are still interested, we can start talks in the off season. Just pm me after the season. :D

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

With your activity I have no doubt you can do great things in OKC. Good luck!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Appreciate it

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Post by NanashiWake »

Great news, think this is finally the OKC GM for the long run. Looking forward to competing against you. Congrats on the promotion.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Another one who looks like a very stable GM.

Hope you stick around for the long run and re-tool OKC back into contention.
MKG is the best defensive tool in the league being able to guard 2s, 3s and 4s if you make him cut some weight. That's easily fixable though, and you have a Durant / LeBron stopper :)
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Marcos_Beck wrote:Another one who looks like a very stable GM.

Hope you stick around for the long run and re-tool OKC back into contention.
MKG is the best defensive tool in the league being able to guard 2s, 3s and 4s if you make him cut some weight. That's easily fixable though, and you have a Durant / LeBron stopper :)
Yeah he's definitely a valuable asset for us going forward. And still room to improve, only 22.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Love what Andrei is doing. Great job on the membership front. Sanzy (lol, my new nick for you man) just found Matty, Jaboo, Sociological and 8time. They are all active and a good addition to our great core. Good to have you guys and I hope you are here to stay for a long time.

OKC has some pieces they are able to move and will get back the bird rights for Rondo this offseason. So that should help too. No fan of most players on their team, but Nick and MKG should carry some value, just not sure they can land them a superstar.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Dennis wrote:Love what Andrei is doing. Great job on the membership front. Sanzy (lol, my new nick for you man) just found Matty, Jaboo, Sociological and 8time. They are all active and a good addition to our great core. Good to have you guys and I hope you are here to stay for a long time.

OKC has some pieces they are able to move and will get back the bird rights for Rondo this offseason. So that should help too. No fan of most players on their team, but Nick and MKG should carry some value, just not sure they can land them a superstar.
Oh that's right. Totally forgot about Rondo. He's a solid piece to have.
Yeah best chance I have to land a star is vas draft or free agency. Doubt any team will trade one.

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

Welcome and congrats on the promotion!
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)