League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

New Brooklyn Nets GM

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: New Brooklyn Nets GM

Post by blackice »

Welcome back bud
Ball is Life.

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Excited to be back. Glad to have this opportunity with what's technically my hometown team. Well, I'm a Knicks fan, but I've lived in Brooklyn my whole life. Born and raised here. Well, born in a hospital in Manhattan, but the point still stands. Can't wait to get started with this team.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Silogical wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:45 pm
Marcos_Beck wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:01 pm I'll tell you what, whoever thinks it's easier building a great team than winning a ring knows nothing about what he's speaking.
Truth is, many have built exceptional teams in the past, yet failed to deliver a ring. If Marcus or any other guy wins a ring with any team, it's his merit.
I went to the finals with the Bulls, lost to Doug, one year after Rhox took the roster, made a few changes and went the distance, it's his merit, I set up a good foundation but winning a ring is way more than just that and I failed to deliver, he didn't.

I also just won a ring with the core TJ built, but if it was easy than Philly would have won before me, and they never even cracked the finals once, and I think one CF only, despite always having a fantastic roster.
Its tougher to win a ring than to build a great team, because there is one ring per year. Taking a great team and winning a ring is probably less likely than building a great team, but it isnt a greater accomplishment. Rings are overrated, the point of the playoffs isnt to find the best team, its to keep the season exciting at the end so fans keep buying tickets and watching the games.
This
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:04 pm
GreenBear wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:14 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:46 pm Just like the Bulls were your team before you left in the finals up 3-1 and Doug won against a gm'less team.
Catching strays here :P

You're combining both of the epic Bulls - Suns finals. The series you're talking about (23-24) it was tied 2-2 when Marcos stopped putting in a DC, and I had 2 of the 3 remaining games at home.

You're confusing it with finals of 19-20, when the Suns were up 3-1 and my team proceeded to have what I still believe to be the biggest meltdown in CSL history. We managed to lose the next 3, with the last 2 coming at home, where we had only lost like 2 or 3 times all season. But alas, a Podcast franchise was born that day 8-)
Those Bulls x Suns finals were so nice, always a pleasure going up against you Dougie.
And yeah, he's absolutely right, I have never led that finals we lost to dougie btw.
hahahaha I still remember where I simmed it OLO.. I was still a trainee at EDEKA. Has to be like ~6-7 years ago?
I even remember the exact room I was sitting in as I was travelling for work haha. We enjoyed a lot of great stuff together through our lifes guys. Actually what's this league about. In the end I dont care about different opinions because when we are super old - like Jeff old I mean :P - we gonna still remember.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Dennis wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 8:52 am
Marcos_Beck wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:01 pm I'll tell you what, whoever thinks it's easier building a great team than winning a ring knows nothing about what he's speaking.
Truth is, many have built exceptional teams in the past, yet failed to deliver a ring. If Marcus or any other guy wins a ring with any team, it's his merit.
I went to the finals with the Bulls, lost to Doug, one year after Rhox took the roster, made a few changes and went the distance, it's his merit, I set up a good foundation but winning a ring is way more than just that and I failed to deliver, he didn't.

I also just won a ring with the core TJ built, but if it was easy than Philly would have won before me, and they never even cracked the finals once, and I think one CF only, despite always having a fantastic roster.
Its tougher to win a ring than to build a great team, because there is one ring per year. Taking a great team and winning a ring is probably less likely than building a great team, but it isnt a greater accomplishment. Rings are overrated, the point of the playoffs isnt to find the best team, its to keep the season exciting at the end so fans keep buying tickets and watching the games.
This
+1

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

Welcome back!!

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I remember that CHI over PHX series. They were doing a live stream sim. Dennis was about to hit the sim button for the 1st ever live sim(maybe) the hype was there. Then he blacks the screen, what a dick :lol: More live sims for the finals are needed minus the screen blocking.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

WElcome back
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Flaming Homer wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 11:59 am

This
+1
You had me until rings are overrated. I think the process is to be enjoyed and fun but the goal is a ring.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

GreenBear wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 9:14 pm
Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2023 7:46 pm Just like the Bulls were your team before you left in the finals up 3-1 and Doug won against a gm'less team.
Catching strays here :P

You're combining both of the epic Bulls - Suns finals. The series you're talking about (23-24) it was tied 2-2 when Marcos stopped putting in a DC, and I had 2 of the 3 remaining games at home.

You're confusing it with finals of 19-20, when the Suns were up 3-1 and my team proceeded to have what I still believe to be the biggest meltdown in CSL history. We managed to lose the next 3, with the last 2 coming at home, where we had only lost like 2 or 3 times all season. But alas, a Podcast franchise was born that day 8-)
I say 2-1 before Marcos quit, as his energy was drained that playoffs. Yes he submitted a DC for game 4 but that was while he wasn't focused much, this doesn't mean muxh. I guess I gotta go digging and find the series haha

viewtopic.php?f=126&t=10494

2-1 and then he submitted a last DC. So you did win overall and congrats though. But wish we could have seen what happened the last 3 games of the series.
Last edited by Andrewu91 on Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

drumr wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:16 pm
This
+1
You had me until rings are overrated. I think the process is to be enjoyed and fun but the goal is a ring.
This
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:33 pm
drumr wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:16 pm

+1
This
The goal is a ring just like the goal of playing the lottery is to win the jackpot. The playoffs are 16 wins very luck heavy. You play to be one of 5-12 teams in position to win it all then you get sent into a bin where one is picked out.