League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Bucks down to two ... wait, three?

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Bucks down to two ... wait, three?

Post by mgtr81 »

With the CSL Finals ongoing and the draft approaching, the picture of which prospect will end up where starts getting clearer. According to multiple sources, it seems that the New York Knicks will be drafting Jaren Jackson and Markelle Fultz, with Los Angeles Lakers still undecided, at least publicly, on their target. So the Milwaukee Bucks basically would have to choose between two options in case the Lakers make an unexpected selection, or just pick the remaining player of the top four.

And it seemed all along the way that the city of Milwaukee would see either Michael Porter or Troy Brown playing for its team, yet news came out that there is a third player who has entered the battle in the Bucks war room. The source responsible for the news did not tell who that player was, but it said it is not one of the Bridges nor Shaquille Harrison, who multiple mocks have linked to the team.

In other news, the Bucks finalized a trade last week after days of conversations with several teams. Nerlens Noel is expected to leave town and compete for a CSL Championship next season, while the Bucks have addressed two of their glaring needs with the trade.
ImageImageImageImageImage

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Re: Bucks down to two ... wait, three?

Post by mgtr81 »

Question from a non-native English speaker. In the following sentence:
mgtr81 wrote:The source responsible for the news did not tell who that player was, but it said it is not one of the Bridges nor Shaquille Harrison, who multiple mocks have linked to the team.
who is correct or should I use whom instead?

Thanks in advance.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

mgtr81 wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:29 pm Question from a non-native English speaker. In the following sentence:
mgtr81 wrote:The source responsible for the news did not tell who that player was, but it said it is not one of the Bridges nor Shaquille Harrison, who multiple mocks have linked to the team.
who is correct or should I use whom instead?

Thanks in advance.
whom is the strictly grammatically correct form, because Bridges/Harrison are objects of multiple mocks linking

However, that being said, who is so widespread in its usage, I can see a case for a shift where either becomes accepted.

The larger issue actually occurs earlier in the sentence - it's the "not one of the" - it's an awkward construction. tell is a bit iffy as well. A rewrite would be "The source responsible for the news did not say who that player was, but confirmed it's neither of the Bridges - nor Shaquille Harrison, whom multiple mocks have linked to the team".
Last edited by Jestor on Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Accidental quote reply when I went to edit something in previous post.

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Thanks.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Jestor wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:41 pm The larger issue actually occurs earlier in the sentence - it's the "not one of the" - it's an awkward construction. tell is a bit iffy as well. A rewrite would be "The source responsible for the news did not say who that player was, but confirmed it's neither of the Bridges - nor Shaquille Harrison, whom multiple mocks have linked to the team".
Nice work
Reminder: Hire Jestor as English coach!

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Flaming Homer wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Nice work
Ha. I used to teach English at the university level and am currently a copywriter. So yeah, it's literally my job to know this shit.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

No idea what to expect here, or from any GM's actually as some could traditionally draft and others could draft based on DDS 2019 and completely flip the draft on its head.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Jestor wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 10:44 pm
Flaming Homer wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:55 pm

Nice work
Ha. I used to teach English at the university level and am currently a copywriter. So yeah, it's literally my job to know this shit.
Missing a thumbs up icon here :-)
Pretty cool

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

A third player besides Porter, and Brown? Ummm, if I have to guess, perhaps it's Mr. Musa? As he could be a really good fit for the next engine.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

hardenwithnod wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:24 pm A third player besides Porter, and Brown? Ummm, if I have to guess, perhaps it's Mr. Musa? As he could be a really good fit for the next engine.
Musa will be a Celtic
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

Dennis wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:10 pm
hardenwithnod wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:24 pm A third player besides Porter, and Brown? Ummm, if I have to guess, perhaps it's Mr. Musa? As he could be a really good fit for the next engine.
Musa will be a Celtic
He will be a Knick at pick #2

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Musa for #1!

As for this pick here, I really have no clue who Manu will go with since he seems to surprise which is a good thing. Just hoping its not my target...