League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

The Vertical "TRUTH OR FALSE"

OKC going for Lillard?

Yes
45%
No
55%

Total votes: 11

adrian_wojnarowski
General Manager

The Vertical "TRUTH OR FALSE"

Post by adrian_wojnarowski »

PM me your Rumors.

FAKE OR REAL
I will try and only use reliable sources.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Re: The Vertical "TRUTH OR FALSE"

Post by Rizzo »

I voted Yes but I don't think OKC has the pieces to get a deal done.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

OKC's entire team for Lillard?

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Going for him? Yes. Getting him? Hell no. Indy wants to make playoffs, and trading Lillard from that roster with anything OKC offers ends that goal.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Maybe indiana realizes that taking 1 step back helps them take two steps forward
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Uhm...
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Mattybriand wrote:Uhm...

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

lakeshowak7 wrote:OKC's entire team for Lillard?
Didn't you trade lillard? I'd have to say my team is in a better situation than the Blazers :lol:

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

8timechamp wrote:
Didn't you trade lillard? I'd have to say my team is in a better situation than the Blazers :lol:
Please. The league is tired of your delusional comments. Just stop.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

8timechamp wrote: I'd have to say my team is in a better situation than the Blazers :lol:
wot?

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

lakeshowak7 wrote:
8timechamp wrote:
Please. The league is tired of your delusional comments. Just stop.
Who you got? Overpaid DeAndre. Marcus "I'm going to take 30 shots" Smart and Stanley Johnson. With a top pick.

Who I got? Clarkson, Rozier, Saunders, Bembry, Vonleh. 6man man Valentine. Two lottery picks one will be top 5.

And you think I care what the league thinks? :lol:

Truth is the Blazers are trash and you don't know how to build a team in what your 4th season?
This is my 2nd, and I'm rebuilding nicely. So keep Marcus "not so Smart" and gun your way into another lottery pick. Hah
Last edited by 8timechamp on Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Jestor wrote:
8timechamp wrote: I'd have to say my team is in a better situation than the Blazers :lol:
wot?
Care to explain?

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

8timechamp wrote:
Jestor wrote:
wot?
Care to explain?
Honestly, you are an idiot.

Usually I try to stay civil, but you are quite delusional.

And are your pet insults of my players supposed to bring legitimacy to your delusional views?

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

An idiot would be someone who trades for Marcus Smart and thinks he has a chance to make the playoffs. An idiot is someone who is 4-3 and thinking he might contend only to lose most of his games. And idiot is a guy in his 4th season and hasn't made any noise in the league. That's the definition of an idiot. Look it up in the dictionary . Your picture is next to it.

And you are talking about delusional? Hah

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

8timechamp wrote:An idiot would be someone who trades for Marcus Smart and thinks he has a chance to make the playoffs. An idiot is someone who is 4-3 and thinking he might contend only to lose most of his games. And idiot is a guy in his 4th season and hasn't made any noice in the league. That's the definition of an idiot. Look it up in the dictionary . Your picture is next to it.

Ok good one. Call me when you have something constructive to say.

You'll learn about Lillard quick, young Padawan. After you give up all of your two-bit assets for him, of course.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

lakeshowak7 wrote:
8timechamp wrote:An idiot would be someone who trades for Marcus Smart and thinks he has a chance to make the playoffs. An idiot is someone who is 4-3 and thinking he might contend only to lose most of his games. And idiot is a guy in his 4th season and hasn't made any noice in the league. That's the definition of an idiot. Look it up in the dictionary . Your picture is next to it.

You'll learn about Lillard quick, young Padawan. After you give up all of your two-bit assets for him, of course.
Yeah let me call someone who hasn't made the playoffs in how long? You would be the last GM I'd call for advice :lol:

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

8timechamp wrote:
lakeshowak7 wrote:

Yeah let me call someone who hasn't made the playoffs in how long? You would be the last GM I'd call for advice :lol:
Such a noob. You never give up. I like the fight, kiddo.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

The fight? You already lost "kiddo". You had nothing to say to back up my comments.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

8timechamp wrote:
Jestor wrote:
wot?
Care to explain?
Well, for starters, even if this Blake rumor isn't true, Portland legitimately has pieces to get a superstar player. Yeah, Smart and SJJ have some major flaws, but the preponderance of their overall talent can't be denied. Hell, I've been a fairly big detractor of Smart and even *I* would be interested in getting him, because his ratings are that phenomenal, and I can see where he's fixable. SJJ isn't a guy I personally would want, but he's like a PF version of Lillard - he's impactful enough on one side of the ball with the kind of talent that's going to have teams interested.

The Thunder don't. Rozier is going to be a great defender, sure, but he's an undersized 2 who will take a ton of shots at poor efficiency. And unlike Smart, the GMs who hate Rozier *really* hate him. And you've hyped up Vonleh so much, you've shredded the trade value of a guy a few GMs had as their #1 prospect in his draft class. Granted, his value was due for a hit anyway, as big man spotlight on DI has been particularly bright the last few months, but that's still a steep drop.

And that's without getting into DeAndre Jordan, who has elite ratings in some key big man categories (also some flaws, but still). Clarkson has a lot of fans in the league and you should be able to get something pretty decent for him, but again, the Thunder simply don't have the talent to land a superstar. Saunders had a great rookie year, but he's going through a sophomore slump. If that rebounds, he's another asset, but one that's not going to nab something huge in return, even as part of a package.

Pickswise, yeah Thunder have huge advantage. Finances, for this offseason, it depends on what Jordan and Millsap do (Jordan I think picks up his PO, Millsap doesn't), but cap space doesn't matter for shit in free agency as one of the worst teams in the league, and that's realistically the situation the Thunder are in for a long time. Basically, you're in a similar situation to what we were after I dealt Kobe, only you have a lot more picks (thanks, IRL dumbass front office!). It's still at least a 3 year wait before OKC is competitive again if you play it smart by going the slow rebuild route. Portland can get there much quicker.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

So what you are saying is because I hype up my guys, I shredded their trade value? If anything, Vonleh has been out performing what I expected as a 2nd year rookie. Same with Rozier as a rookie.
Stanley Johnson might score a bunch of points but like you pointed out, it will be on poor % so that doesn't make him that valuable of an asset unless gm's prefer 28-12 on bad %'s. Marcus Smart has great ratings but that's it. He is still a chucker.

So you compared Stanley, Smart, Jordan, two role players, top pick with little cap space vs. Clarkson, Saunders, Bembry, Vonleh, Zipser, Rozier, two top picks and plenty of cap space. At the time, Clarkson looked like an overpaid player. Now he looks underpaid. I might not sign a superstar but I can certainly land an impact up player with my cap space. And if I offered some team both my top picks, Rozier and Vonleh, I wouldn't land a superstar? I would have to disagree.

And that's a better situation?

You definitely put thought and rationalization Into your paragraph, but I would have to disagree. Agree to disagree. That's what the league is about. At least you didn't call me an idiot. Shows the maturity of some general managers.
Last edited by 8timechamp on Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:48 am, edited 3 times in total.