League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

POR GM Drinks & Strong Words

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

POR GM Drinks & Strong Words

Post by NanashiWake »

AK may have been drunk at a Hollywood restaurant this weekend with Clippers GM and long time friend BI. He seemed to enjoy most talking about the Celtics, but also didn't refrain himself from discussion other league matters either;
"Lopez better than Cousins...my 5 year old niece rebounds better than him.. Dennis talks his players up yet they never win anything. How's he have all these good players but they never win anything? I took a poop in this very establishment before dinner came and wiped my ass with a Celtics handkerchief...scrub team they are.."
"Paul George would have been a Blazer if it weren't for these silly ass S/T pre draft rules CSL has in place...oh well. Willy deserves a winner..Dennis would have cried if George was a Blazer"
"The Kings saying I overpayed for Giannis? It's going to be fun kicking their ass this year... Always appreciate a good convo with their GM, but those game days are circled..."
"I'm still a tad bitter that people complained to the league about my "tanking" but they knew I was going to end up kicking their team's ass, that's why they still haven't had the balls to admit they were the ones to do it..I believe there is a word for that.."
"The Celtics suck, let's be honest... Fucking bums"
Eventually him and BI both left the restaurant with a few models attached to their arms and a chauffeur waiting. Bystanders in the restaurant said they were amazed by his rambling, but also very entertained.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Re: POR GM Drinks & Strong Words

Post by 8timechamp »

:lol:

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

explains the giannis signing

:P

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Damn. Someone is stalking me. I can't confirm or deny that these words were said, because I was obviously intoxicated. Wonder who the snitch is LOL

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Hahaha.

Man I kind of want a rival.
Ball is Life.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

blackice wrote:Hahaha.

I'd take you up on that, but beating you 4-0 or 4-1 every year doesn't constitute a rivalry.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

BizGilwalker wrote:

I'd take you up on that, but beating you 4-0 or 4-1 every year doesn't constitute a rivalry.
Oh damn. Looking forward to Smart....er...hmm. I'll think up something.
Ball is Life.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

blackice wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:

You just gotta make it to the WCF, Houston always loses there so you're guaranteed to win ;)

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

lakeshowak7 wrote: You just gotta make it to the WCF, Houston always loses there so you're guaranteed to win ;)
BOOM! What AK said. Sup now Biz?

You, sir, do not want these problems :cry:

My trash talk is rusty as you can see. Hahaha
Ball is Life.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

lakeshowak7 wrote:
blackice wrote:
BizGilwalker wrote:I'd take you up on that, but beating you 4-0 or 4-1 every year doesn't constitute a rivalry.
You just gotta make it to the WCF, Houston always loses there so you're guaranteed to win ;)
Well, the Pelicans are my only threat. They'll probably get the first seed in the West, so you'll be there to knock them out in the first round, right?

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

I predict a top 4 seed for me.

And a Houston/Boston-less CSL Finals.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

BizGilwalker wrote: Well, the Pelicans are my only threat. They'll probably get the first seed in the West, so you'll be there to knock them out in the first round, right?
Eh, this team is very different then the one you beat. We're pretty deep and our big 3 is better then yours. Jrue couldn't handle Harden at PG but Smart (post training camp) will be a huge threat and make Harden work on both ends. I think the reason Smart was so bad on defense and inefficient on offense was that he was a 1 man team in BKN. Not the case here. Dwight is also foaming at the mouth for a rematch :)
Ball is Life.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

My number one issue with your lineup is that you're banking an awful lot on bad jump shooters, average defenders, and inefficient scorers around Dwight this year. I was much more scared of Holiday than Smart. I'll be interested to see whether Dwight manages to hold up his insane production for an entire season.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

BizGilwalker wrote:My number one issue with your lineup is that you're banking an awful lot on bad jump shooters, average defenders, and inefficient scorers around Dwight this year. I was much more scared of Holiday than Smart. I'll be interested to see whether Dwight manages to hold up his insane production for an entire season.
Bad shooters or bad range shooters? I think spacing will be fine with Anderson as the main deep threat. Wade isn't inefficient at all (51 FG% last year) and since we have threats at all 5 positions the overall %'s of the team should go up. You feasted on Holiday because of his IQ/DI which you readily admitted IIRC (and were right) so it's curious that you'd be more scared of him then Smart who has talent around him and is only 21 and getting better.

As for Dwight we'll see. Debated between a pace of 2-3 and don't know if I'll run single post like last year or dribble drive. We'll see.
Ball is Life.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Houston will never win a ring. Game plan to beat NOLA, not Houston.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

DI/IQ was the reason we shipped Jrue out a few seasons ago. Also why I think we had a slight edge over DET and Teague in the finals.

I would zone the heck outta you BI - haha - I'm fine to let Anderson try and beat us, key to your team is keeping Wade from driving and Dwight from getting the rock down low. You may lead the league in FG%, but will suffer in 3P%.

Typically will produce a ton of regular season wins. Fewer once people game plan for specific teams in the playoffs.

RiotPunch
General Manager

Post by RiotPunch »

CHA GM Riot reportedly very upset about not being invited to said Hollywood bar. It is widely known that he resides in the area and he believes he is a lot of fun to drink with.
Kyle Lowry || Bradley Beal || Andrew Wiggins || Derrick Favors || Festus Ezeli
2018-19 Record: 40-42
2017-18 GM of the Year

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

"Paul George would have been a Blazer if it weren't for these silly ass S/T pre draft rules CSL has in place...oh well. Willy deserves a winner..Dennis would have cried if George was a Blazer"
Truth.

Ultimately though you could've still drafted #1 and the deal could've still been executed like plenty of the other deals that have happened during and after the draft.

As far as deserving a winner, I appreciate it but I feel I definitely gotta earn a winner and going through 2 losing seasons and the draft positions we had I definitely have paid some dues lol.

Interested to see Portland Boston game this season as well as how Portland gels w/ Lillard and Cousins.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Hehe
Love all those rivalries!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Ha very nice. We have had some good chats but it's on now. Game days circled :)
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027