League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Wizards Re-Considering Their Off-Season Plans

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Wizards Re-Considering Their Off-Season Plans

Post by NanashiWake »

With the change to the salary cap recently announced, a lot of teams are realizing that their off-season goals may no longer be approachable. It has been common knowledge that the Washington Wizards were going to pursue F Kevin Durant as an unrestricted FA. Though reports are now coming from sources that the Wizards GM NanashiWake is now looking elsewhere for the improvement of this team.
With the Wizards not having a high draft pick, sense they traded the Cavaliers pick earlier this season to acquire Dion Waiters, they may have to look through the trade block to see if they can acquire the player(s) they're looking for. We reached out to NanashiWake for a comment;
I can't confirm or deny whether or not we've backed out of the Durant sweepstakes, but I can say that we are always looking to improve this team. We know for a fact that even if we don't make any moves, we should see an improvement next season, but and improvement into the CSL Playoff's 2nd round isn't out ceiling. We are going for a home-run not a single.

Players like Tyrone Wallace and Rondae Hollis-Jefferson have actually been involved secretly in trade talks all season long with approaches from many teams, however until recently they were nearly untouchable. Sadly, with us most likely not being able to be huge factors in the Durant decision, we may have to trade talent to get talent. We'll see though, lots of time left to ponder our options.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: Wizards Re-Considering Their Off-Season Plans

Post by WillyJakkz »

Very interesting indeed for Washington to forego on Durant but probably for the best as that's a tough sell, won't hurt to try though.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Might be for the best since it will take 9 days for Durant or Lebron to choose a team. By then, a lot of valuable free agents will be gone.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

8timechamp wrote:Might be for the best since it will take 9 days for Durant or Lebron to choose a team. By then, a lot of valuable free agents will be gone.
Yeah, it's interesting too since most free agents would wait for those two to make a decision, given the cap space that will be tied up. Like what happened with LeBron in real life.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Sun Scorched wrote:
8timechamp wrote:Might be for the best since it will take 9 days for Durant or Lebron to choose a team. By then, a lot of valuable free agents will be gone.
Yeah, it's interesting too since most free agents would wait for those two to make a decision, given the cap space that will be tied up. Like what happened with LeBron in real life.
I agree with this.

Not sure FA will be too hectic until those guys decide unless there are clear cut frontrunners that have an established player on their team, record, and of course money.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

WillyJakkz wrote:
Sun Scorched wrote:
I agree with this.

Not sure FA will be too hectic until those guys decide unless there are clear cut frontrunners that have an established player on their team, record, and of course money.
Well they did say they are using the software to make the rest of the free agent decisions. I don't have the software, but is it that realistic that it will wait for the signings of Lebron and Durant? Not sure it is.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

8timechamp wrote:
WillyJakkz wrote:
Sun Scorched wrote:
I agree with this.

Well they did say they are using the software to make the rest of the free agent decisions. I don't have the software, but is it that realistic that it will wait for the signings of Lebron and Durant? Not sure it is.
Reality is, I think the admins will know Day 1 where either are going. Not sure it needs to wait until Day 9.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

I'm not sure day 1 but 9 days is far fetched. I think 3-5 would be better. But I'm not in the sweepstakes so I'm not really complaining.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

I assume they will do LeBron/KD before simming free agency. At least that would be the way I would do it to maximize damage control.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

:idea:
lakeshowak7 wrote:I assume they will do LeBron/KD before simming free agency. At least that would be the way I would do it to maximize damage control.
Don't mean to be the guy that complains, but isn't this supposed to be just like real life free agency? When Lamarcus Aldridge was deciding, free agency didn't just stop before he made a decision. There was already 8-10 verbal signings before he made his decision.
Seems like a sticky situation overall though.

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

The issue with comparing this to real life is that if you are in talks with the big two, you are still able to send offers out to other players in the real NBA which are contingent on having the cap space, etc. You lose that dynamic by using a sim engine, and even more so if you chase the big two as by the time a decision is made...all the free agents are gone - which doesn't happen in the real life because other than onesie/twosies..nobody signs before the big fish go.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Do you motherfuckers not read? The schedule was already posted.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Jestor wrote:Do you motherfuckers not read? The schedule was already posted.
:lol:

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Jestor wrote:Do you motherfuckers not read? The schedule was already posted.
No need to be an ass.

A. This is just conversation. B. What schedule are you referring to? The S&T schedule. I haven't seen anything other than that.

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Right. Thanks Jaboo. This is exactly what we're discussing. I don't understand the confusion.

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Sun Scorched wrote:
Right. Thanks Jaboo. This is exactly what we're discussing. I don't understand the confusion.
No confusion at all. But I agree 9 days is way too long for a decision, missing out on potential free agents. But sticking all your eggs in one basket and hope it works I guess. Or just do what Washington is doing, and rethink the decision.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Nearly no free agent will sign within the first 5-6 days. And even until day 10 no major free agent will sign unless the mother team offers a 5 year max. Ingame players ask for overpays for the first 10-12 days. Also, only 2-3 teams will be in the race after day 5. So Teams like OKC, wsh etc will have their rejection early enough ;P
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Dennis wrote:Nearly no free agent will sign within the first 5-6 days. And even until day 10 no major free agent will sign unless the mother team offers a 5 year max. Ingame players ask for overpays for the first 10-12 days. Also, only 2-3 teams will be in the race after day 5. So Teams like OKC, wsh etc will have their rejection early enough ;P
Damn