League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Krekker: Stephen Curry To Pelicans Finalized

NanashiWake
Senior Vice President

Krekker: Stephen Curry To Pelicans Finalized

Post by NanashiWake »

James Krekker is an up-and-coming reporter in the sports industry. Today he broke his first story in the headline news by stating that his sources can confirm that G Stephen Curry has been traded to the New Orleans Pelicans. Apparently the New Orleans front office hasn't been 100% focused on the CSL FInals, they've also been discussing with GM Rob from the Warriors. Curry hit the trade block after the Warriors finished their season. Rumors claim that the team feels that C DeMarcus Cousins is more fit to take the leader role.
No news as to who would be shipped out to the Golden State, but the package must include core players for a player with All-Star caliber. It will be scary if a team 1 win away from a CSL Championship can acquire Stephen Curry.
Year 1: 47-35 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 2: 45-37 [[Washington Wizards]]
Year 3: Fired [[Portland Trailblazers]]

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: Krekker: Stephen Curry To Pelicans Finalized

Post by andrei »

this ay not be too bad for us - hoping our division rival has to give up an arm and a leg to get Curry and Conley has no challenges shutting him down...
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

andrei wrote:this ay not be too bad for us - hoping our division rival has to give up an arm and a leg to get Curry and Conley has no challenges shutting him down...
Well I can guarantee that nothing has been committed to. But I can also tell you that our goal would be to have Curry start at SG. So our PG spot would be vacant... And I've always liked Conley.......

;)

On another note - what an absolutely bloody division. Sheesh.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I'll wait to see what the deal is. If NO gave up a lot for him, then I'm pretty happy, because we typically do pretty well against Curry. If the Pelicans stole him, watch out!

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Has to be Cotton Jordan possibly nothing less that I could see but then again this is a rumor mill :)

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Man, nanashi is a bad reporter! MSNBC rumors will announce the full trade later today! Btw, could they decrease the chances for NO to sign Durant? Maybe Andrei influenced the player agents with "KD wants his own team" theory?
Or are the Pelicans not interested in KD anymore? IMO is curry the better fit next to AD anyway.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

I don't believe this rumor. You all seen what Curry is like next to a ball dominant big man. It limits his ability, and Pelicans gm ain't stupid. Anthony Davis is still ball dominant like Demarcus Cousins.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

8timechamp wrote:I don't believe this rumor. You all seen what Curry is like next to a ball dominant big man. It limits his ability, and Pelicans gm ain't stupid. Anthony Davis is still ball dominant like Demarcus Cousins.
That's why he will trade for him and knows that curry put up low numbers because of a bad system in Oakland and not because of Cousins.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Dennis wrote:
8timechamp wrote:I don't believe this rumor. You all seen what Curry is like next to a ball dominant big man. It limits his ability, and Pelicans gm ain't stupid. Anthony Davis is still ball dominant like Demarcus Cousins.
That's why he will trade for him and knows that curry put up low numbers because of a bad system in Oakland and not because of Cousins.
It could have been the system. Im not sure what kind of system they were running but he's one game away from a championship. Why mess with something that's working?

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

That's gonne be huge if the Pelicans get Curry.

Not sure how they'll do it but regardles of the Finals outcome you acquire Curry if you can, no 2 ways about it.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

Big move for the Pelicans here. I would love Curry so I'm hoping after the finals I have a chance but he would be great next to AD. Wonder what else would move with Cotton? White and Jordan?