League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Brooklyn, Denver, or Phoenix

Ramcus
CEO

Brooklyn, Denver, or Phoenix

Post by Ramcus »

Ex New Orleans Pelicans GM Ramcus has been thrown around as a potential hire for the 3 teams sailing without a ship captain, the Brooklyn Nets, the Denver Nuggets, and the Phoenix Suns. After a spell away from the league, the former NOLA general manager has conducted interviews with every team mentioned above, as each respected ownership group looks to flesh out their front office team leader. Let's take a quick look at what position he could potentially be stepping into:

The Brooklyn Nets
Record: 36-15
Starting with the best of the bunch, the Brooklyn Nets boast arguably the strongest duo in the league, with Shai Gilgeous-Alexander and DeAndre Ayton leading the team to 4 consecutive playoff appearances. In this stretch, they've had 2 55+ win seasons, yet have only managed to make it out of the 1st Round just once. One could say they've been a disappointment, yet then general manager, and future CSL HOFer Rizzo, built this team from the ground up after multiple rebuilding seasons. To draft 2 future HOF players, in and of itself, is an incredible achievement. Yet, the duo still has to prove to the rest of the league that they aren't only regular season bandits, but that they can do it just as well in the playoffs.

The Denver Nuggets
Record: 34-16
Only 2 games back from Brooklyn, the Denver Nuggets are an interesting bunch, with what can loosely be described as a rag-tag group of quality players punching above their weight class. They don't have any true superstars; Bam Adebayo is arguably putting up the best numbers for the team. Yet their players know their role, and play that role significantly well. As such, the Nuggets are a top 7 team in the league by net rating, and defeat their opposition through their suffocating defense, timely buckets, and elite 3 point shooting. They don't have many negatives, as both their starting unit and bench mob are effectively interchangeable, enabling the team to play what works when needed. Their defensive identity consists of JaKeenan Grant, Mikal Bridges, Caleb Swanigan, Bam Adebayo, and Marques Bolden absolutely stonewalling their opposition, and the rest of the team hustles hard to play to the team's identity.

The Phoenix Suns
Record: 23-29
The phoenix has not risen in Phoenix, as Jayson Tatum and Darius Garland are not good enough of a duo, individually speaking, to lead this team out of obscurity. Tatum, albeit still an All-League caliber player, has taken a step back in comparison to his voluminous scoring days back in Denver, and Garland has not shown that he has what it takes to be the 2nd star of the team. As the team continues now, the future isn't bright in the Valley of the Sun. Yet, all hope is not lost, especially in the volatile land of the CSL. As many fans of the league know all too well, anything can change within the blink of an eye, and a team like Phoenix always has another direction they could take. They could continue to try and build around Tatum, albeit it'll have to be with a completely new supporting cast, as this one is quite obviously not the one of the future. Or they could dump Tatum and the rest of their role players for a rebuild, starting the rebirth of the namesake of the team. Options, galore.

Who knows what's going to happen? Who's to say that Ramcus even gets hired, as his previous 7 season spell with New Orleans lead to a sub-.500 record and multiple clashes with various other front office leaders? It'll be important to keep an eye on things for the days to come, as Ramcus looks to make his return to the league.
Last edited by Ramcus on Mon Dec 11, 2023 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Brooklyn, Denver, or Phoenix

Post by Dennis »

Do we have a Nola GM right now?
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:09 am Do we have a Nola GM right now?
Dejan

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Phoenix is destined for the treadmill/basement, so as someone who managed a non-playoff team for many seasons I can imagine that PHX would be a boring choice for you

Crazy how 2 of the best teams in the league don't have GMs. Says something about either the engine or our collective GMing abilities lol
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Good to see you back!

Brooklyn could feasibly go all the way with a couple moves around the edges and an invested GM/coach

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

TheTwoWallaces wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:17 pm Phoenix is destined for the treadmill/basement, so as someone who managed a non-playoff team for many seasons I can imagine that PHX would be a boring choice for you

Crazy how 2 of the best teams in the league don't have GMs. Says something about either the engine or our collective GMing abilities lol
You need inside scorer/scoring bigs and PGs that can defend + spreading Guards/wings. Both fix exactly that. Brooklyn more than Denver though. I do fully believe tactic plays a minor role in this engine. Before someone ask… why I didn’t adjust team accordingly yet? I’m attached to my core and still hope we will change engines haha. Call me a dreamer.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Ps: I would go phoenix. Potentially Denver. If you win a title with Brooklyn you will have the Andrew flag when he took over New York. You basically will perform well, maybe win a title, but everybody will say you didn’t build the team. Also mentally not prepared for 4 andrew - Marcus games per year and a potential playoff series round 1 lol..

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:31 pm Ps: I would go phoenix. Potentially Denver. If you win a title with Brooklyn you will have the Andrew flag when he took over New York. You basically will perform well, maybe win a title, but everybody will say you didn’t build the team. Also mentally not prepared for 4 andrew - Marcus games per year and a potential playoff series round 1 lol..
This
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Andrewu91 wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:30 pm
Dennis wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2023 2:31 pm Ps: I would go phoenix. Potentially Denver. If you win a title with Brooklyn you will have the Andrew flag when he took over New York. You basically will perform well, maybe win a title, but everybody will say you didn’t build the team. Also mentally not prepared for 4 andrew - Marcus games per year and a potential playoff series round 1 lol..
This
Cleveland Cavaliers

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

Pretty wild BKN and DEN are open. Both are title contenders. I would go Denver or Phoenix though, personally. Brooklyn is almost too good lol
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)