League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Player Agents

Beercloud
General Manager

Player Agents

Post by Beercloud »

I see you guys used to have player agencies but have scaled it back due to work overload to the admins.

Just a thought:
A) Divide the agencies into their own league. Open up agencies to RL players like you do with the GM's. Give em their own point standings and titles to win. RL players could not play both a GM and an agent for obvious reasons such as collusion.

B) Standings could include a combination of $$$ made for their clients, $$$ made from their clients, their clients stats for the year, team records that their clients play on, and maybe their agencies bank balances, etc... Agencies could have some sort of expenses. Like maintaining contracts cost, the number of clients would cost x amount of $$$, office building expense etc...

C) Agencies would bid on players service via what % they would take on contracts. Maybe once a contract on a player runs out that player goes into the fa pool for agencies to bid on their services once again.

D) There might even be some computer wizards out there that could make the tracking of stats and biddings done with clicks of a button on spreadsheets or something. idk. But til then, agents can turn in their own paperwork.

There's prolly a bunch of different ways you could set this up. But it's just a thought to add that agency layer you guys had, but have RL players do the work by having fun and competition while doing it.

What do ya think?

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Re: Player Agents

Post by Dennis »

I like it that you are so motivated, but we will stick to the plan to use the game. It is just fair to everyone. There still will be weird decisions, but those are done by the game and no one can argue with what the game decides.
Also, it won't lower the workload for the admins. The contraxts still would have to be added to the database the game uses. To get those contraxts added to the game needs between 10-15 hours depending on how many player accept the contraxts the agency negotiated. Just an example:
Last year, it happened that players didn't want to sign with a certain team for below x$$$, so I had to sign them a) to max contract, export the database, go to the database, edit their contract, import the database, or b) sign them to another team, edit the trade rules in the database and trade them to the mother team. Given that happens very often, it is very time consuming.
Another example are RFA. They take their QO on day 10 or 11, I can't really remember. So you have to throw max offers at them to get them to sign a contract and do all the stuff explained above.
That is pretty much the reason why we rely only on the game.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Beercloud
General Manager

Re: Player Agents

Post by Beercloud »

Yikes.
See Im no computer guy and don't think of all that stuff. I think we just have to push a button right? lol