League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

3PT% Problem

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: 3PT% Problem

Post by Marcos_Beck »

100% agree with Dennis.

DRFL in CSL is just ridiculously high.
In 4 playoff games my team combined to shoot 187 free throws. That's almost 50 FTs a game (47 a game to be almost precise). It's RIDICULOUS. Team with more FTs per game in NBA in 2014 was the Kings, and they were below 30. We're at 47 a game and we're even not one of the best foul drawing teams. Some teams even averaged less than 20 FTs a game in NBA. That's impossible on DDS.

I think we do have problems in 3 areas:
- DRFL (and DI)
- IQ
- Jumpers

The rest is fine.

Only my opinion, and that comes from someone who made a study last year comparing a CSL regular season with a NBA one. Dennis has access to the study, and if I have free time, I'll do it again this season, and one summing both seasons and comparing with two consecutive NBA seasons.

Easier said than done, though.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Want an idea:
To start things.

Improve every player IQ / DI by 2.
Lower every player DRFL by 4 (which means lowering by one in game).
Improving every player jumper by 2.

This would create a way more balanced league. But, all in all, I'm fine with anything.
CSL players shot 37% in jumpers last season (with almost every team playing zone). NBA teams shot 39.something%

But we changed tactics instead of ratings. So I went to work to bring players who could really shoot here. It's a question of adapting to the league, easier than making the league adapt to you.
It's no fluke that I've brought Ariza and Ennis (and their 87 and 89 DI) here, along with Rose (90) and Love and Green (81).
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

FTA and 3PA are connected

When teams dont shoot 3's and just attack the paint you get low 3PA and high FTA

Strategy also plays a huge role in FTA. Fouls are high, but almost every team still maxes out DI.

In the end its best to just leave everything alone until the next reset. Not sure if you guys have resets i hope you do. Its better to let teams adapt to a slightly flawed league like marcos did in the above post, then to have teams adapt to the league only to see the league changed ruining what they built.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

All of this is eliminated if we just ran coaches default philosophies which many were against.

All of the cap "fixes" created new problems which promoted these "work around ideas" like lineups (from McRoBerts and Horford playing SG and SF to Harden playing PG successfully the majority of the season).

These were ways to exploit cap fixes due to lower pace to now the 20 rule. Teams simply play zone at 9pts then distribute rest to total 20.

Not a fan of these fixes at all.

Default coaches philosophies or go back to the All 10's being legal.

Coaches are rendered to being high paid scouts as it is.

We've tried it all except default coaches philosophies. Eliminates all the work admins etc have to do to figure this out all over again.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

One of the few times I have the same opinion like Willy. Bring back the all tens. It will help to fix everything. No too good 3 point shooting, less FTs etc. Coach settings wouldnt fix it. But that is a decision Andrei would have to make.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

AshurMelek
General Manager

Post by AshurMelek »

How many 3s are being shot here in comparison to the real NBA? If we can determine this, we can make a better decision on this issue.

If roughly we are shooting (not making, just shooting) the same numbers of 3s than the real-life counterpart, the focus should be reducing the effectiveness of the shooters.

Honestly, even if we are shooting more 3s than the NBA, if the 3pt% doesnt seem on par with real life, the effectiveness of the shooters should still be reduced to keep a balance.