League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Probably a longshot

lakeshowak7
CEO

Probably a longshot

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Just throwing an idea out here, not sure I even agree with it fully, but..

Removing extension/trade restrictions on players who belong to a team who have just switched General Manager ownership following an off-season. Reason being - a bad contract signed in the off-season by one GM shouldn't necessarily have to be endured by a replacing GM. This shouldn't hurt the league, and in my opinion there is only to gain from it - even the most unattractive team may look a bit more appealing to an incoming GM if they are able to come in right away and rectify certain situations on the team that may give it a better outlook, instead of having to sit through 3 months of the season before being able to do anything significant.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Probably a longshot

Post by Jestor »

Nope. It's about playing the hand you're dealt, and sometimes that hand involves high-priced, Day 90 restricted contracts.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I see where you come from and we had the same situation in the NLL, but I believe its fair for all GMs in the league if we dont change it. Especially because I like it in certain cases. Often new GMs join the league just to trade without knowing their players value (not in your case, in general) and therefore would have three months to get to know their team before committing to any trades.

Also, 3 ingame months are 6 weeks here given we sim 15 days per reallife week. Not the world in my opinion. And I believe LMAs contract isnt that bad compared to other paychecks signed this offseason.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

lakeshowak7
CEO

Post by lakeshowak7 »

Jestor wrote:Nope. It's about playing the hand you're dealt, and sometimes that hand involves high-priced, Day 90 restricted contracts.
Except for the fact that you are not dealt anything. You are agreeing to take control of a team and in some cases in sim leagues those teams have quite the ugly situation. By no means is Portland ugly (in fact it's weird they're even open to me). You are probably just more likely to get a quality guy to come in and GM the team if they don't have to sit on their hands for a period of time in some situations.
Dennis wrote:I see where you come from and we had the same situation in the NLL, but I believe its fair for all GMs in the league if we dont change it. Especially because I like it in certain cases. Often new GMs join the league just to trade without knowing their players value (not in your case, in general) and therefore would have three months to get to know their team before committing to any trades.

Also, 3 ingame months are 6 weeks here given we sim 15 days per reallife week. Not the world in my opinion. And I believe LMAs contract isnt that bad compared to other paychecks signed this offseason.
Fair enough, I was just throwing a random idea onto the wall and seeing if it would stick. It's not really LMA, his contract is fair market value given he's All-CSL, etc, etc. In fact, I would venture to say that Portland doesn't have any bad contracts. I was just looking at the teams that are open and some of which have been there since March and it baffles me why.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

I really wish we'd play by the nba cba which allows newly signed free agents to be traded in mid december. Trading restrictions need to be relaxed a little. I don't know if that's possible with the engine or not but if it is I would be all for making the league closer to real life

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

IMO there is really no need to change restrictions. So far the league worked very well and we want to create activity by media not by 100 trades per season.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

lakeshowak7 wrote:
Jestor wrote:Nope. It's about playing the hand you're dealt, and sometimes that hand involves high-priced, Day 90 restricted contracts.
Except for the fact that you are not dealt anything. You are agreeing to take control of a team and in some cases in sim leagues those teams have quite the ugly situation. By no means is Portland ugly (in fact it's weird they're even open to me). You are probably just more likely to get a quality guy to come in and GM the team if they don't have to sit on their hands for a period of time in some situations.
Exactly. You chose and agreed to take on Portland knowing full well the contract LMA has. No reason for a rule to be changed just because you stepped into a bad situation (that's not even bad). You could have just easily taken any of the other teams open that had a better situation, but you chose Portland.