League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

MLE / LLE + RFA

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Re: MLE / LLE + RFA

Post by Rizzo »

I agree with BT and Dennis. :lol:
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Dennis wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:38 pm I think everybody should just play with his reallife money. 90m = 9.000€. Whatever you save you save. Money used as price money for the winner, runner up, division winner etc.
I unironically love this idea.

Even include the real life incentive of the luxury tax $ are paid out to the teams under the tax.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Myles wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:09 pm
Dennis wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 3:38 pm I think everybody should just play with his reallife money. 90m = 9.000€. Whatever you save you save. Money used as price money for the winner, runner up, division winner etc.

Even include the real life incentive of the luxury tax $ are paid out to the teams under the tax.
I am game aslong as it is $$$$
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Haha I actually did think about that a long time ago but given how ruthless some can be, can you imagine if money was involved, even a tiny amount like that.. even with admin decisions they don't like haha.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Let's not ignore that we have a Myles sighting. HI, MYLES!

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

bt wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:49 am Haha I actually did think about that a long time ago but given how ruthless some can be, can you imagine if money was involved, even a tiny amount like that.. even with admin decisions they don't like haha.
Yeah in my mind it would be something small, based on like a $10 scale. Luxury tax line is $10, if you go above the tax line it's whatever you pay based on the scale + the tax itself (so let's say if you go up to the hard cap that's a $20 buy-in). Teams under the luxury tax get an even distribution of the tax $ specifically, and then the payroll $ is allocated to the playoff teams, champion getting the most and 1st round exit teams getting the least.

This would never happen for so many reasons so I'm literally wasting my time typing this out, but it's always something I've thought would be a cool way to put a little skin in the game, emulate the decision points that actual NBA owners and GMs have to deal with, and at a cost that should be inclusive of most people who play in this league (would be a maximum $ out per year of like $40, with the likelihood that you spend all $40 and return $0 being roughly 0%. Most people would be close to break-even generally speaking).

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Jestor wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:55 am

Let's not ignore that we have a Myles sighting. HI, MYLES!
hi :)

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

I love the idea of using real $$... some teams can literally buy there way into talent and others can make a couple of bucks!
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

I like that indeed. Would it ever happen? IDK.. But I'm game!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns