League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Preseason || Sim 3

The Simmer
The Simmer Supreme

Preseason || Sim 3

Post by The Simmer »

Notes: File and HTML uploading.

@POR: the file was not current

Please use this link for the final preseason league file: https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/xnprzf01 ... dd058&dl=0

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: Preseason || Sim 3

Post by blackice »

Interesting,

Ws -> CHA, MIN
Ls -> to SAS, SAC, PHX, NYK (X2)

Not much to take away but Patton continues to dominant, if he can do this in the regular season then we'll be happy with the end result. We'd like a more efficient overall offense but our games are going to be grind it out defensive shows.
Ball is Life.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Meaningless games are over
I’ve never been a fan of preseasons as I think it means nothing

Let’s go for the regular season, finally!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Ran a very tight 6 man rotation of Gant/Mikal/Walker/Reddish/Gates/Lawson with very mixed results. 6-5.

Maybe we've just been getting propped up by 10 years of near NBA Steph-level shooting from Monk, but our shooting was ROUGH, with all three of Gant, Walker, and Reddish shooting like 10 TS% below their averages. However, the defense was fantastic. The small-ball lineup (that I am unfortunately not able to use, since none can play C this season) without Lawson was a 92 Drtg in 119 minutes... the lineup without Gant was a +16 Net... the lineup without MJ was an insane 103 Ortg and 57 DRtg in 43 minutes played. but somehow none of those pairings could shoot.

Gant averaged 16/4/8 and 3.7 stocks, giving me great hope that his volume can be quite high... but he was a total brick and shot 33/25/75. Shooting 5-37 from one of the ATB ranges should be a complete anomaly.

MJ did everything right except shoot. Like Gant, no real reason for him to be shooting a tick under 40% from the field, but the added volume and significant jumps across the stat sheet are something to celebrate. 17/6/5 and 2.3 steals, and a pair of near-misses with triple-doubles (missing one by a rebound, and another by 2 points because he shot 3-20 lol). Also finally recorded his first 30 piece.

Gates was steady throughout this stretch. 15.5/8.7 and 3 steals! Like everyone else, the FG% is down but not awful and he got to the line a lot.

Lawson feasted on the glass, double digits in all but one game, 13.4rpg, and despite a couple stinkers did quite well offensively.

Mikal did 3&D things as we hoped. Double digit scoring much more often than not too.

I'm thinking we probably played a bit too fast, and pace&space isn't the offensive set for this team, although I was really hoping to utilize the high ball-movement. Am I going back to old faithful Grit&Grind?

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

If Preseason is any indication, Jovic is ready to take the next step

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Yeah that dude might be the youngest MVP in league history and the first OP player I've been in the league for. Hopefully some all time elite defensive players roll through soon lol
Cleveland Cavaliers

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Tried something new for the Final sim. Will be interesting to try to see why it worked on some teams and not others. Looking forward to the regular season and wishing good health on all teams!
Cleveland Cavaliers

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Tests are over. We got some interesting conclusions.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Bad sim. The streaking is back in NY
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

4-5 sim to end the Preseason 6-13 overall. Had some glimpse of the capabilities of our young blood. I can see Hifi striving on a 6th man role, just have to fine tune his tendencies. Liddell and Tsalmpouris can interchange the forward spots though Liddell is best suited as a PF while Tsalmpouris at SF. Sotto had some nice games and even outplayed Ayton in our last game lol

As for our main guys, i have to fix some preferences on Morant, and Maxey to further maximize their scoring abilities. Mitchell did not play during the Preseason but i know he still needs some instructions and we are ready for that. Bam, Swani and Collins dnp as well coz i think that they are the most reliable players in the team so no need to showcase their skills.
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

I knew it, we aren’t the worse team ever, 7-11 I’ll take not good but not awful. Should be hovering that lane for a while, Cade still can’t shoot
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Tried some new things and got some interesting results. Ready for the regular season!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Incredible the difference in our play when we actually stagger our top-4 players across the sub matrix rather than trying to play them all together to dominate their time on the court.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Preseason over looking forward to regular season lineup

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Finally had a chance to look at the results in the game. As others have said some interesting results. I was only able to get successful DC in and I tried a post up offense for the final one but was surprised to see Monk continue to lead our team most games on FGA. I thought they would be lowered. Even Windler still took a bunch of 3s.

With how raw this class is I think Epps should be in the running for ROY. He looks really good. He dominated Zion in our final game posting 26 8 and 3 blocks while Zion was limited to 8-22 from the floor. He's being slept on but he will be big for us this season.

Other positive is despite playing several bench players for the final sim we maintained having the #1 defense in the league. I hope that trend continues during the season and a few other observations that I need to explore some more.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Really happy with how the young guys are playing. Kispert is gonna be a 6moty candidate
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Anyone have the link to the new sim 1 depth chart zip? Preseason link didn't work for me

Thanks.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

Good preseason trying out different combinations. Our main 4 starters all played really well together and it will be a fun season mixing/matching lineups. The Ingram/Simmons duo allows for so much versatility on what we can do/matchup with, including a super lineup that performed really really well of Simons-Ingram-Simmons-Okouo-Bol