League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

HOU/PHX/DEN

KW
CSL Champ 2017

HOU/PHX/DEN

Post by KW »

Houston

SENDS
Malik Monk 20,543,250
Aaron Wiggins 8,000,000
Eric Paschall 4,444,444
Justin Anderson 1,456,136
Carsen Edwards 1,234,467
HOU 2032 1st
Total $$$ Sent: 35,678,297

RECEIVES
JaKeenan Gant (S&T) 13,200,000
Mikal Bridges 10,500,000
Dedric Lawson 15,145,000
Total $$$ Received: 38,845,000

Phoenix

SENDS
Dedric Lawson 15,145,000
Total $$$ Sent: 15,145,000

RECEIVES
Eric Paschall 4,444,444
Justin Anderson 1,456,136
Carsen Edwards 1,234,467
HOU 2032 1st
Total $$$ Received: 7,135,047

Denver

SENDS
JaKeenan Gant (S&T) 13,200,000
Mikal Bridges 10,500,000
Total $$$ Sent: 23,700,000

RECEIVES
Malik Monk 20,543,250
Aaron Wiggins 8,000,000
Total $$$ Received: 28,543,250

Does this trade line up with the consecutive picks rule? yes
Does this trade put anyone over the roster limit of 15? If so, provide the link to roster move(s). no
Is this trade within the financial restrictions of each team involved? yes
Have any of the players listed above been with the receiving team(s) within a full season cycle? no

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: HOU/PHX/DEN

Post by KW »

Houston accepts. One of the tougher deals I've ever made, trading away the best 3-point shooter this league has ever seen, but it was time for a different look. I am very excited to see what Brett is able to do with the Monk/KAT duo that spent so long in Houston, but I couldn't assemble the roster I want now, with those two in the lineup.

We are for sure taking a hit on trade value essentially trading Monk for three guys that might or might only 10-12ppg, but this is the team I want to build. We are completely maxing out versatility wherever possible, and nobody embodies that more than Gant, a player that I've always known was untouchable unless someone of Monk's caliber was on the table. Pairing Gant with MJ Walker and Cam Reddish to have THREE players who can score from every range, pass, handle, and defend several positions has always been a dream for me. Throw in Gates, who isn't as versatile offensively, but is elite defensively and may well be our leading scorer next season, and Mikal Bridges, the ultimate 3&D wing, and we have all our minutes 1-3 (and some 4) covered.

Which brings me to the big man situation, where Dedric Lawson comes in. Aside from shot blocking, he checks all the boxes I was looking for in an upgraded C- he rebounds hard, can score a bit, and should be a very solid switch defender. He's a diet Faried in a lot of ways.

Houston's rotation now:
Gant/Reddish
Walker/Reddish
Gates/Mikal
Mika/Lofton or Knight
Lawson/Moneke

It's a massive gamble on Gant, but one I'm at peace with.

Good dealing to both Brett and Jedi, and thank you both for your patience through our 90 different iterations of these trades.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Denver accepts. Tough trade to make an many know how much I love Gant but after our disappointing end to last season and our inability to score when it mattered most I knew we needed to make some adjustments so unfortunately Gant had to go to bring in one of the very best scorers in the league and best 3 point shooter in league history

Bolden now goes from our #1 option last season to our #3 option this year. Losing Gants versatility will be difficult to replace but this is why we brought in Kosta Antetekounmpo who is almost an identical in every way defensively.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

thecoolestjedi
General Manager

Post by thecoolestjedi »

Phoenix accepts. Sad to see Lawson go, but the old core that once inhabited Phoenix has to be flushed out completely. Looking to completely shave ourselves under the cap and keep us open with cap room for space down the line and this does that. Also grabs us picks for the future to grab other players with or perhaps try and maneuver with; whatever works best!

Appreciate the dealing, Houston.
Phoenix Suns GM
Season recap: 2030-31: 36-46

"Fall Seven Times, Get Up Eight"

The Simmer
The Simmer Supreme

Post by The Simmer »

APPROVED.