League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Trade Chatter

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Re: Trade Chatter

Post by OneNole »

I have never once nor will I ever be "incensed" over a sim league. People can say whatever or think whatever they want about me and I will never take it personal or.nat an eye.

But, I will also give my honest opinion in all trades, just like many others do. If you're trade gets ripped, and you disagree then ignore it. Combating the opinions just make others point out more vigorously how wrong you are. It would probably in yours and Josh's beat interest moving forward in deals like these to just ignore the comments. Just saying.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Ramcus wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:50 am
OneNole wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:38 amVerbals are outlawed when posting a trade. They cannot be part of a trade where a 2nd part will be completed at a later date. Each deal will be judged on its own merits, and not take any prior or future dealings into account.

The trade should be vetoed simply because this trade does not stand on ots own. Not to mention it's a clear violation of trying to skirt its way around the stepian rule. It's ridiculous
Ah get off your high horse Brett. Quit with the name calling and insults, it's embarrassing watching a grown ass man get so incensed over a fantasy league. Let the admins deal with it, if they see the need to veto the trade due to what the CBA states, then that's their judgement. It's not your call, nor is it anyone else's call, to make. State your opinions all you want, but don't go around with that holier-than-thou nonsense.

Anybody else have a problem with the trade, take it up with the admins. This entire thing wouldn't have been such a controversy if you guys had just taken it at face value. Ever since the "trading instructions" post was announced, so many of you guys have been going at each other thinking some trades are a part of others, or that such-and-such trade was a 2-parter, and after some minor debate you guys dropped it. Why is this any different? It's a bad trade, just a drop it at that. Why does everyone get so involved that you guys go tearing into each other, implying that people are doing devious things behind the backs of others.
You took the bait. Ehhh
What I've learned over the years is to just ignore the negativity and don't respond. Everything will be figured out.

If you want to discuss with the admins about making it a little easier in the future, then sure, have that discussion with them. They're good people that I'm sure will have a reasonable discussion with you about it and give their reasons one way or the other.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

OneNole wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:03 am I have never once nor will I ever be "incensed" over a sim league. People can say whatever or think whatever they want about me and I will never take it personal or.nat an eye.

But, I will also give my honest opinion in all trades, just like many others do. If you're trade gets ripped, and you disagree then ignore it. Combating the opinions just make others point out more vigorously how wrong you are. It would probably in yours and Josh's beat interest moving forward in deals like these to just ignore the comments. Just saying.
I was totally find discussing it and while annoyed I was cool. But the idea that my team is suddenly OP, I'm a cheater, and I somehow didn't build it myself from a lotto team multiple times now was a bridge too far for me.
Cleveland Cavaliers

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

I think we're just taking this too seriously. If you post trades that don't make sense at face value, people are going to ask questions. It's just going to happen. You're smart dudes. I'm sure you knew people were going to ask questions before even posting the trade. So just explain what you're doing and move on.

I'm a curious guy, and I like asking questions to figure out what's going on. It's not meant to be personal in any way. It's just how I work. I'm not going to avoid asking questions because it might ruffle a feather. I think sometimes we take questions being asked as personal attacks, which I don't think is usually the case.

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

god i hate the offseason
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Whatchu mean?! This the best part of the CSL season! Everybody's equally tense at all times!
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Atleast it's more entertaining than the FA result thread lol
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

bt

Post by bt »

But seriously, it's pretty simple given opinions are like assholes and we have 29 of them here.

The CBA is there to guide any trades. If someone posts an interesting trade, it just needs to stand up to the CBA rules regardless of what any GM says. Yeah you need to stand up to the commentary and as long as it's not personal, that's fine.

The commentary is what keeps everyone entertained so it's good for the league but hopefully it's not personal and no one takes it personally.

In regards to this one, the CBA is pretty clear so unless that is changed, it just needs satisfy that and if not, it'll be declined and the GMs work on fixing it if they can.

My opinion is it does look a bit odd and if there is another part to it, that's fine but because the CBA says it'll be judged on that trade without anything else, might be hard to get that one through but we'll see I guess.
sacramento kings

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Check, confirmed. Need to check in more often.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I knew it had to be a sign and trade but I never would gave thought Musa was the guy Manu would have traded Ingram for. I'm sure he has a plan to make him efficient, I just hope it works for his teams sake.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Two firsts, and Ingram 😧 for musa and Williams
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

OneNole wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:52 pm I knew it had to be a sign and trade but I never would gave thought Musa was the guy Manu would have traded Ingram for. I'm sure he has a plan to make him efficient, I just hope it works for his teams sake.
It wont, that was a horrible trade.

Ingram was a core piece in my all-star success the east has now lost zion/simmons/ingram good luck to the next coach.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

damn, i thought i loved Musa more than most :shock:

Manu knows what he's doing within his system, but in my eyes Charlotte and Minnesota are both getting massive steals here

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I think this is a very fair deal all around, Dylan's front court is set with Hayes/Jovic, I'd love to see them add a defensive stopper on the wing and Ziaire Williams is obviously going to see minutes and USG%/time to develop on the wing. They lose a lot of rebounding and efficient post play but I see this as a rebuilding move, and they will aim to add a top 5 pick to their core so this rebuild is going well. Adding a late 1st doesn't hurt either.

For Alex, they make a somewhat lateral move here, but I will say that with Simmons on board they don't need a traditional point guard, hence them moving Tyus Jones to me last season, but an Ingram/Simmons/Bol core is nice and it opens up minutes for Anfernee Simons. This is now a team that can contend, but they aren't a deep team with a lot of depth and losing Garuba doesn't help in that respect. Their starting 5 is probably top 3 in the West but if they get hit with an injury to Simmons like they did last season it's a risky proposition. I see why they made the move though, Ingram is an elite 2 way wing.

Finally, I like this move for Manu as well, probably the most patient GM in the league in terms of trades and roster continuity but when they do make deals they are measured and very careful. Adding Grant Williams is a huge boon to their frontcourt and like they mentioned should be not just a replacement to Wendell Carter but an upgrade. Troy Brown now sees an increase in his role on the Bucks and Musa gives them a 6'9 PG with elite passing and is probably the GOAT rebounding guard we have in the CSL, akin to a poor mans Magic Johnson or Oscar Robertson. He's only 27 and locked into a decent contract and this allows Dixon to play off ball in a more 3&D role.

Good deal all around.
Ball is Life.

rh0xxy
CSL Champ 2025

Post by rh0xxy »

Nice deal by the Hornets here, getting 2 1sts to continue their rebuild. It's a good deal for the Timberwolves as well, getting the best player in the deal. A risky deal indeed for the Bucks but Manu knows what he is doing, so let's just wait and see...
Philadelphia 76ers

Depth Chart
Starters: Morant-Mitchell-Swanigan-Adebayo-Collins
Bench: Maxey-Sotto-Tsalmpouris-Liddell-Giles-Tucker-Hifi
IR: Phills-Richards-Weber
2W: Houstan-Okeke

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Yeah, I like it for the Wolves and Charlotte. Ingram is a nice upgrade for them and makes a strong starting 5 for the Wolves. Charlotte got rid of Grant’s contract and got picks and cap space.

Risky gamble for the Bucks, as Musa’s efficiency has taken a bit in the new engine, but Manu always has a plan and I am sure he will find a way to maximize him again. Williams should give them a nice double double threat down low. That 2034 pick will be a the big factor down the road.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Amazing haul for Twolves, adding Ingram for Musa and Garuba is a masterpiece

I personally don’t like Bucks moves since moving Carter for basically nothing. I understand though Manu has like the 100% opposite taste for players I do lol

Our player valuation differs a lot, but the Bucks were a top-4 eastern team when they had Carter and everyone. Now they are barely a playoff team IMO who just traded away two unprotected firsts.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

I like Williams, but imo Ingram best player in the trade +2 firsts given up. Musa to inefficient in the current engine imo. I like the rest of his game though for a PG
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

bt

Post by bt »

Biggest trade I think I've ever seen Manu do but I don't mind it if he can utilise Musa. Ingram is good but he's 30 and now all the core starters are 27 or under.
sacramento kings