League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Trade Chatter

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Re: Trade Chatter

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Silogical wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:26 pm i wasnt even thinking about teams breaking a verbal, but that is an issue too.

I was thinking if the rule is just "all trades have to stand on there own ground" then a lot of shady trades can be made that follows this rule, and there is no way for us to see it because its all behind closed doors.

As long as the trade is reasonable, it should be allowed even if it has two parts, but each part must be reasonable by itself

This trade isn’t reasonable. It’s not only about being lopsided which is is but that’s okay because deals aren’t always perfectly balanced.
But this trade by itself isn’t reasonable for a team that just traded its best player for a couple of firsts and plan to suck for soo long. Not only giving up a likely top-5 pick but also a young player worth more than any of Cavs firsts.
Makes no sense for a team that is rebuilding. Even Marcus knows that.

Maybe with two or three parts it makes sense but CBA is clear: trades must be judged by itself and must be reasonable.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:41 pm
Silogical wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:26 pm i wasnt even thinking about teams breaking a verbal, but that is an issue too.

I was thinking if the rule is just "all trades have to stand on there own ground" then a lot of shady trades can be made that follows this rule, and there is no way for us to see it because its all behind closed doors.

As long as the trade is reasonable, it should be allowed even if it has two parts, but each part must be reasonable by itself

This trade isn’t reasonable. It’s not only about being lopsided which is is but that’s okay because deals aren’t always perfectly balanced.
But this trade by itself isn’t reasonable for a team that just traded its best player for a couple of firsts and plan to suck for soo long. Not only giving up a likely top-5 pick but also a young player worth more than any of Cavs firsts.
Makes no sense for a team that is rebuilding. Even Marcus knows that.

Maybe with two or three parts it makes sense but CBA is clear: trades must be judged by itself and must be reasonable.
what if its a 3 part trade and each trade favors 1 team, all trades pass because they were all "reasonable" but combine all 3 and the trade is trash. There is no benefit to hiding the other parts.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

OneNole wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:32 pm Yes, trade needs to be vetoed and josh needs to find a trade for a first to send. Doing back door deals like this just sets a bad precedent and shouldn't be allowed.
No one had any problems with an entire team swap trade. Some of you even said you didn't like parts of it but would wait to see the rest. I do not think all of those deals were "even" but everyone gave Marcos benefit of the doubt. Also since I ask advice on deals I reached out to two admins to see what they thought about them and they know all of the deal. I have hid and/or backdoors nothing. I also reread the CBA so..
Cleveland Cavaliers

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

OneNole wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 10:32 pm Yes, trade needs to be vetoed and josh needs to find a trade for a first to send. Doing back door deals like this just sets a bad precedent and shouldn't be allowed.
Then put it in the CBA because it's not.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I expected to be abused for the trade, not sat in the chair in the corner and interrogated by amateur detectives.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

drumr wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:22 am
No one had any problems with an entire team swap trade. Some of you even said you didn't like parts of it but would wait to see the rest. I do not think all of those deals were "even" but everyone gave Marcos benefit of the doubt. Also since I ask advice on deals I reached out to two admins to see what they thought about them and they know all of the deal. I have hid and/or backdoors nothing. I also reread the CBA so..
Josh is telling the truth. If Marcos did this, everyone would not bat an eye. Hell if I tried that, I would have some gm calling me a liar and trying to ruin my rep. Popularity contest vibes

Do I think the trade should go through? No. You announced a part 2 which is an automatic veto. But if you can figure something out with clippers in a future deal, yeah things would be good.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

Yall should all sign up to your local police departments to be detectives.
Stay Me7o Image
LAC 2031-present

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

I really don't understand this deal, a #7 overall pick just a short time ago with upside in a position of need for drumr and on top of that a likely top 5 pick from a team in desperate need of talent? What if this pick ends up being #1, or at least a top 5 pick? It greatly sways the league to a degree I haven't seen a single trade do since I've been part of the league. I don't blame drumr tbh, do what you gotta do but there shouldn't be an additional part and this is veto worthy. It's a ridicules trade. I will say this, I hope Ramcus stays on board with their team because the franchise is...screwed to put it nicely...and I doubt we find a GM to take over this mess of a franchise. It's a shame because they just won a title, quite the fall for this GM. I agree with Dennis though, it seems to have sparked a debate and activity which I always like. The Clippers are doomed for a 3-5 year span in my opinion but I don't see a veto coming. It's unfair for those in like Manu and Marcos who actually had to build their teams, this seems like drumr just cheated his way to a title if it all works out. Really shame all around, I hope we don't see another trade like this again. Hell, thecoolestjedi just entered the league and wasn't worked the way Ramcus just was.
Ball is Life.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Ramcus wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:27 am I expected to be abused for the trade, not sat in the chair in the corner and interrogated by amateur detectives.
Seriously not only am I over it but this will definitely come into play in my interacts with some teams henceforth because it's been a bit ridiculous honestly.
Cleveland Cavaliers

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

* ridiculous
Ball is Life.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

TheTwoWallaces as well, who has put together a rebuild with an eye to the future. The whole conference has just been shaken to the core.
Ball is Life.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

blackice wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:31 am I really don't understand this deal, a #7 overall pick just a short time ago with upside in a position of need for drumr and on top of that a likely top 5 pick from a team in desperate need of talent? What if this pick ends up being #1, or at least a top 5 pick? It greatly sways the league to a degree I haven't seen a single trade do since I've been part of the league. I don't blame drumr tbh, do what you gotta do but there shouldn't be an additional part and this is veto worthy. It's a ridicules trade. I will say this, I hope Ramcus stays on board with their team because the franchise is...screwed to put it nicely...and I doubt we find a GM to take over this mess of a franchise. It's a shame because they just won a title, quite the fall for this GM. I agree with Dennis though, it seems to have sparked a debate and activity which I always like. The Clippers are doomed for a 3-5 year span in my opinion but I don't see a veto coming. It's unfair for those in like Manu and Marcos who actually had to build their teams, this seems like drumr just cheated his way to a title if it all works out. Really shame all around, I hope we don't see another trade like this again. Hell, thecoolestjedi just entered the league and wasn't worked the way Ramcus just was.
How the fuck am I cheating my way to a title with Santi Aldama? This is absurd. I have built every part of my team where the hell do you get off saying something like that? If I win a title this season it's because of THIS deal?
Cleveland Cavaliers

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Ramcus wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:29 am Yall should all sign up to your local police departments to be detectives.
I tried. Too over qualified 😔 lol
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

I know peoples reading comprehension lacks or their education isn't quite as good as they believe it to be the cba clearly states

Verbals are outlawed when posting a trade. They cannot be part of a trade where a 2nd part will be completed at a later date. Each deal will be judged on its own merits, and not take any prior or future dealings into account.

The trade should be vetoed simply because this trade does not stand on ots own. Not to mention it's a clear violation of trying to skirt its way around the stepian rule. It's ridiculous
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

drumr wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:35 am
blackice wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:31 am I really don't understand this deal, a #7 overall pick just a short time ago with upside in a position of need for drumr and on top of that a likely top 5 pick from a team in desperate need of talent? What if this pick ends up being #1, or at least a top 5 pick? It greatly sways the league to a degree I haven't seen a single trade do since I've been part of the league. I don't blame drumr tbh, do what you gotta do but there shouldn't be an additional part and this is veto worthy. It's a ridicules trade. I will say this, I hope Ramcus stays on board with their team because the franchise is...screwed to put it nicely...and I doubt we find a GM to take over this mess of a franchise. It's a shame because they just won a title, quite the fall for this GM. I agree with Dennis though, it seems to have sparked a debate and activity which I always like. The Clippers are doomed for a 3-5 year span in my opinion but I don't see a veto coming. It's unfair for those in like Manu and Marcos who actually had to build their teams, this seems like drumr just cheated his way to a title if it all works out. Really shame all around, I hope we don't see another trade like this again. Hell, thecoolestjedi just entered the league and wasn't worked the way Ramcus just was.
How the fuck am I cheating my way to a title with Santi Aldama? This is absurd. I have built every part of my team where the hell do you get off saying something like that? If I win a title this season it's because of THIS deal?
Ok, let's leave Santi Aldama out of the picture, where do you project the Clippers 2033 LAC 1st pick? Where do you project your two picks? Be honest. I think you have done a wonderful job building around Porter and would be a contender in the East regardless. Lord knows Porter did magic with BT's Sac team. You don't think this team is unfair to a degree that makes you the sole favourite in the league by far? Particularly long term? Like I said
I don't blame drumr tbh, do what you gotta do
Ball is Life.

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Anyway I'm not going back and forth with you, I've made my opinion known.
Ball is Life.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I was curious what the full trade was but i dont think the GMs did anything worse than what marcos did. Except there is a stupid rule and marcos followed the stupid rule and CLE/LAC didnt.

I think the trade should be changed so we also see all parts of the trade or get rid of splitting up trades. When the team swap happened we shouldve been informed which trades are all lumped in together so we can see the end result.

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Silogical wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:46 am I was curious what the full trade was but i dont think the GMs did anything worse than what marcos did. Except there is a stupid rule and marcos followed the stupid rule and CLE/LAC didnt.

I think the *rule should be changed so we also see all parts of the trade or get rid of splitting up trades. When the team swap happened we shouldve been informed which trades are all lumped in together so we can see the end result.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

The idea that this deal suddenly makes a team swept in the 2nd round OP going forward has me laughing my ass off. Veto it idgaf honestly
Cleveland Cavaliers

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

OneNole wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 12:38 amVerbals are outlawed when posting a trade. They cannot be part of a trade where a 2nd part will be completed at a later date. Each deal will be judged on its own merits, and not take any prior or future dealings into account.

The trade should be vetoed simply because this trade does not stand on ots own. Not to mention it's a clear violation of trying to skirt its way around the stepian rule. It's ridiculous
Ah get off your high horse Brett. Quit with the name calling and insults, it's embarrassing watching a grown ass man get so incensed over a fantasy league. Let the admins deal with it, if they see the need to veto the trade due to what the CBA states, then that's their judgement. It's not your call, nor is it anyone else's call, to make. State your opinions all you want, but don't go around with that holier-than-thou nonsense.

Anybody else have a problem with the trade, take it up with the admins. This entire thing wouldn't have been such a controversy if you guys had just taken it at face value. Ever since the "trading instructions" post was announced, so many of you guys have been going at each other thinking some trades are a part of others, or that such-and-such trade was a 2-parter, and after some minor debate you guys dropped it. Why is this any different? It's a bad trade, just a drop it at that. Why does everyone get so involved that you guys go tearing into each other, implying that people are doing devious things behind the backs of others.
Stay Me7o Image
LAC 2031-present