League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL: L Does Not Stand for Loyalty

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: CSL: L Does Not Stand for Loyalty

Post by WillyJakkz »

emplep7 wrote:Yeah there is complaining from the GMs one way or another - you are all never pleased, which I accepted many many seasons ago. It was always that we were too restrictive with trading and our activity hurt because of it so the new change increased activity significantly due to trading being easier to come by. In the end though, nobody forces anyone to trade so if you wanted to keep a good story line its easy to do - just have some self restraint.

I personally am a very stubborn GM that sticks to a plan sometimes to a fault to prove I was right, so keeping players like Kemba, KCP, and Hassan was always in the cards because I wanted to prove it would work instead of bail on my plan 8000 times like we see too often here. This next season I will make some big moves to change the team around a little, but will then stick with that plan for 5+ seasons until we prove we can win with it.
I felt the same about George Cousins, they were the perfect inside outside duo and I know they could win it all. My mistake was when I traded Dieng who fit great next to Cuz but I already knew that and wanted the challenge of getting a different PF next to him that fit even better in RoCo who can play both F spots as him being able to stretch the floor made it tough for teams to run that damn zone on me. I never got the 3 & D SF because the one I have who can be awesome at his role somehow didn't get the weight loss instructions in TC so his weight stayed the same making it harder for him to play SF. I started to make a move to get that type of SF in the mix but then I looked up and after 5.5 seasons here in ORL Paul George was now 31 and his window was closing so I sent him somewhere to have a chance to win it all...same with Cuz. They BOTH have great chances to win it all so I'm good with that.. :( :D

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams