League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2020 Rookie First Impressions

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

2020 Rookie First Impressions

Post by GreenBear »

Let everyone know what you think of the rookies now that the file and html are up to date.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2020 Rookie First Impressions

Post by andrei »

Very happy with David Michineau - he looks like better version of Pat Bev only without the extra rebounding and outside shoot. But everything else is as expected or better: Elite Handling, solid passing, defense and steal. Very good shot-blocking for a PG is great extra benefit.

In retrospect, Cousins looks very good and I definitely got the lower ends of his ratings through my scouts. Would I have picked him over Michineau? We’ll never know but it certainly would have been a tougher decision.

Rookie I’m most impressed with: Daniel Hamilton – take a screenshot of his ratings and compare him to Simmons – he actually looks better across the board except slightly lower in Scoring. Wow, he could have been number 1 and slided all the way to 8. (Disclaimer: no idea if his hidden FG ratings are awful or not compared to Simmons)
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Pretty happy, as Milos looks freaking sick! Dude just needs that stamina boost, and then he can certainly become a star for us here! Bertans looks nice too, as he has a good SCR rating that will allow him to shoot the three ball, and his defense is better than I expected.

My 2nd round picks looks alright, Gracin looks solid, and not as raw as I thought. Curious to see how Niang, and Brussino will turn into as well. Austin is a scorer, but lacks handles.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Pretty happy with what I've seen from Cousins. Real solid and then some for what we need from a backup point. Boatright is also a great insurance point too. Not too fussed with passing but handling is crucial and he has that in spades. Defensively average but as insurance against injuries, perfect.

For the others, Miami looks to be big winners here. Simmons looks amazing, Bender looks great and like Andrei said, Hamilton looks damn good too. Miami on track with three future studs and have no excuses going forward.

Celtics did well as Trice looks nice, Cordinier and Gbinije good defenders. Cavs did well with Lo I think as he actually he's not absolutely terrible defensively but looks great elsewhere, especially if he's efficient.

Michineau looks good, Milos was as expected and a talent. Whitehead nice but so disappointing he's off to Phoenix haha.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Milos is going to run away with RotY. Nobody else is even going to come close IMO.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Yeah, barring some catastrophic injury, Milos will be RoY. Things could get very interesting for the race for runner-up though. A lot of worthy candidates.

As for the class as a whole, Jones looks like he has the potential to be a DeAndre Jordan type. Simmons should become an absolute monster. Hamilton does have great ratings, but according to my scouts, his shooting was subpar. That's why he wasn't a higher pick imo. Time will tell on the shooting though. He has the playmaking and handles to play PG, and the rebounding to play PF. Very useful to have versatile guys like that on your team, especially when injuries inevitably occur. Trice, Whitehead, Cousins and Michineau all look good from a floor general perspective. It'll be interesting to see who has the best career out of them. Lo looks like he'll be a good impact player too, but he's a completely different kind of player (pure scorer) when compared to the others. Now that I've gotten a closer look at Skal, he still reminds me of Austin. He doesn't have the 3-point range or the shot-blocking that Austin does, but he's just as good of a scorer and has a little better rebounding.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Almost forgot Papa G. He could become the best all-around big man from this class. I think Boston got a steal at pick 9.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

GreenBear wrote:Almost forgot Papa G. He could become the best all-around big man from this class. I think Boston got a steal at pick 9.
Yep. If it wasn't for his IQ, I'd taken him over Skal. Portland would have been smart to take him #7. Was really tough for me to decide between those two players.

DVDA
General Manager

Post by DVDA »

Didn't have any picks this draft however looking at how the rookies stack up, looks like a job well done from a ratings perspective.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Very pleased with both my guys: Malachi Richardson and Pascal Siakam. Siakam will be called on to play right away and start at PF as he's already one of our better rebounders and gives us legit size at the four. This allows me to slide Jake Layman over to SF and bring RHJ off the bench. Richardson will be a great depth piece but could see a lack of minutes due to how many wing players we currently have. We are going to have to try to consolidate our wing talent to open up some minutes for him.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Rizzo wrote:Very pleased with both my guys: Malachi Richardson and Pascal Siakam. Siakam will be called on to play right away and start at PF as he's already one of our better rebounders and gives us legit size at the four. This allows me to slide Jake Layman over to SF and bring RHJ off the bench. Richardson will be a great depth piece but could see a lack of minutes due to how many wing players we currently have. We are going to have to try to consolidate our wing talent to open up some minutes for him.
Interesting, I'm a big Siakam fan so I hope it works out for you. Knicks gonna be chasing you so GL and stay blessed.
Ball is Life.

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

blackice wrote:Interesting, I'm a big Siakam fan so I hope it works out for you. Knicks gonna be chasing you so GL and stay blessed.
More like I'm chasing them since they are a playoff team and we were left on the outside looking in. Going to be a fun year in the Atlantic for sure.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Man, Traevon Jackson is probably going to lead my team in scoring this year. He has the highest SCR rating on my whole team, and with his relatively low PAS rating, he'll definitely be looking to put the ball in the basket. FVV also has a really high SCR rating to begin with, and both of them have good starting shooting ratings from the scouting I did on them, so they'll be scorers from day one. Very excited to see how they turn out.

Also, I wouldn't be so certain Milos will be ROY. Yes, he has impressive ratings, but his high PAS will also limit his scoring output. Jackson will get just as much playing time as Milos, and Jackson is much more of a score first player. I think Milos is obviously the favorite, but Jackson will definitely make it a conversation.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Maodo Lo might get a shot at starting for a contender. ROY lol.
Cleveland Cavaliers

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Myles wrote:Man, Traevon Jackson is probably going to lead my team in scoring this year. He has the highest SCR rating on my whole team, and with his relatively low PAS rating, he'll definitely be looking to put the ball in the basket. FVV also has a really high SCR rating to begin with, and both of them have good starting shooting ratings from the scouting I did on them, so they'll be scorers from day one. Very excited to see how they turn out.

Also, I wouldn't be so certain Milos will be ROY. Yes, he has impressive ratings, but his high PAS will also limit his scoring output. Jackson will get just as much playing time as Milos, and Jackson is much more of a score first player. I think Milos is obviously the favorite, but Jackson will definitely make it a conversation.
You may want to play Jackson as much, but I'm assuming Milos will have a higher endurance. And having a high pass rating doesn't necessarily mean he'll shoot less. Lillard has a passing rating of 81, and that hasn't stopped him from averaging 25+ ppg virtually every year.

In short, Jackson sucks and you should definitely cut him.

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

@GreenBear: Traevon has 81 endurance and Milos has 85, so not a huge difference. I didn't know that about Lillard, my gut feeling has always been that a player's scoring aggressiveness is a mix of his SCR and PAS rating as well as preferences. And I'll tell you what, I'll cut Jackson when you cut that bum Austin.

@drumr: Lo is a bum.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Myles wrote:@GreenBear: Traevon has 81 endurance and Milos has 85, so not a huge difference. I didn't know that about Lillard, my gut feeling has always been that a player's scoring aggressiveness is a mix of his SCR and PAS rating as well as preferences. And I'll tell you what, I'll cut Jackson when you cut that bum Austin.
Fair point about the endurance. I believe it changes substantially for rookies after TC (some go up, and some go down if memory serves me right). I was just assuming given Milos's age, he'd have a significantly higher endurance. I might very well be wrong on that one though.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

My counter point is that I have quite a few good passers like Cotton/Harris/Jones/Anderson that will give Milos better looks, so ha!
Big changes are coming in D.C.

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

James Siakam was looking at me during the draft saying 'pick me, pick me'... I wish I did :(
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!