League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

CSL Tonite! Movin' On Up!

More Successful "Movin' On Up" Team?

Cleveland Cavaliers
47%
Dallas Mavericks
47%
San Antonio Spurs
No votes
Los Angeles Lakers
7%

Total votes: 15

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

CSL Tonite! Movin' On Up!

Post by WillyJakkz »

Hello CSL fans, I'm Cindy Cindy along with Steve Smith and welcome to CSL Tonite! Tonite Smitty has something special for you so Smitty...take it away!

"Hold up Cindy Cindy...cue the theme music!!!"

"Shout out to George and Weezy, we're callin' this the "Movin' On Up" Edition because these are some teams that were on the bottom and are suddenly on the rise to a "Deluxe Apartment" at the top of their Division or have made moves that in my estimation will put them on course or should I say "filling out the lease and waiting for approval" for their apartments Cindy! (Cindy Cindy laughing).

We'll start out in Cleveland where Kyrie Irving has been sensational in leading that ballclub to 2nd Place in that Division thus far...a Division that has the CSL Champion Detroit Pistons and perennial contender Chicago in it and though Cleveland was once in the cellar for years, the addition of rookie F Draymond Green who has had an immediate impact along with G Lou Williams who is atop the Sixth Man of the Year category with Kyrie leading the way with 26ppg and they are suddenly a force in the Eastern Conference!"

"Next up we'll head to the Midwest, Texas to be exact where they have not one but TWO teams that are movin' up in the Dallas Mavericks who drafted F Kristaps Porzingis and were playing mediocre basketball then suddenly cashed their chips and acquired one of the most explosive players in the League by getting PG John Wall from the San Antonio Spurs who we'll get to shortly but Dallas has had a MAJOR turnaround and are currently in the 4th or 5th seed in the Playoff race in the Western Conference. Wall is putting up 24 and 6 and has that Mavs team rollin'!"

"Speaking of John Wall let's talk about the team he most recently came from...the San Antonio Spurs who put all of their hopes on the shoulders of G Marcus Smart who has not disappointed by the way, they've taken the draft pick which was dealt from Dallas in exchange for Wall and used it to acquire SG Klay Thompson from the Indiana Pacers and though he is injured I feel that he and Smart are gonna give some teams some migraines...Smart with 23ppg, Klay Thompson with his 3pt skill at 18ppg...WOW!!!"

"And lastly we have the Los Angeles Lakers who year in and year out it's the same thing, unfulfilled promises of looking to compete for a Playoff appearance only to subject their fans to another trip to the CSL Lottery but out of the blue, or should I say Purple and Gold the Lakers pull off a tremendous move by acquiring one of the best bigs in the League in FC Greg Monroe who was putting up 19 and 10 with the rebuilding Milwaukee Bucks...all for the price of the 2017-18 Most Improved Player winner F Giannis Antetokounmpo and let me tell you, with rookie F Nikola Mirotic and C Larry Sanders the Lakers boast one of the most imposing frontcourts in the entire League. Add PF Julius Randle back into the mix next season and you could potentially be looking at a powerhouse that LA fans have been dying for for years!"

"Great job Smitty! Fans, it's your turn to chime in and let us know what you think! Which team do you think has been or will be more successful "Movin' On Up"? Thank you for tuning in!"
Last edited by WillyJakkz on Wed Feb 15, 2017 4:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

wms02a
CEO

Re: CSL Tonite! Movin' On Up!

Post by wms02a »

I voted Dallas simply bc they got Wall
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Is there a "other" option. If so I'd vote another team.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Voted for the Mavs. That's a real team all of a sudden.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Absolutely do not want to take anything away from CLE, but there has always been some real talent on that team.

Wall, similar to Kyrie, has the ability to add wins and was a nice get for SAS considering what they gave to get him.

LAL now has legit talent (and also got a bargain) but seems to have done so to once again tank.

DAL, though they tanked to become asset rich (and did the best job in CSL history at that) seem to be the most complete team to have come from nowhere.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

It's a close one for me between the Mavs, and Cavs. But I've decided to go with the Mavs because they've made drastic move that completely changed the team from rebuild to contenders.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

I voted for myself and next would be San Antonio. Dallas had an absurd amount of assets so I assume they took extreme advantage of someone and the Lakers got gifted Monroe that trade still seems surprising. I think we hit in FA with Lou Williams and Nicola Pekovic and with trades getting JaVale McGee and cutting cap. I think the western teams end up with better records though. East has a lot of parity. The Spurs with Klay will be really fun to watch but you never know.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

I voted Cleveland - curently second in the East and the best record so far of these 4 teams. Dallas is close though
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

You know I've got to go with Cleveland. They have come a long way in just one season without any lopsided deals at all.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Cavs for me.

On a side note, we're not rebuilding as the article mentioned when talking about the Lakers. In fact, since the trades we have cut to just two games the gap to the eighth spot in the East.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Sun Scorched
CSL Champ 2016

Post by Sun Scorched »

Perhaps this is me going to far back and forgetting the quality of current trades, but CLE has always had talent - they started with Kryie and a solid team. DAL had.... a 35 year old Dirk.

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Sun Scorched wrote:Perhaps this is me going to far back and forgetting the quality of current trades, but CLE has always had talent - they started with Kryie and a solid team. DAL had.... a 35 year old Dirk.
Not the team i took over. Team i took over had a lineup of...

Reggie Jackson
Nik Stauskas
Justin Anderson
Bismack Biyombo
Brook Lopez

6th Lance Stephenson
The rest was trash i believe but cant remember. Myles might.
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

I took over

Jose Calderon
Zach LaVine
Harrison Barnes
Aaron Gordon
Victor Faverani

And no bench
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Easily Cleveland followed by Dr Evil-land
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Mattybriand wrote:I took over

Jose Calderon
Zach LaVine
Harrison Barnes
Aaron Gordon
Victor Faverani

And no bench
Man... you have done some hustling
Cleveland Cavaliers

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Also I voted Cleveland and I think it's clear but that's just me
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

8time
Senior Vice President

Post by 8time »

Sun Scorched wrote:Perhaps this is me going to far back and forgetting the quality of current trades, but CLE has always had talent - they started with Kryie and a solid team. DAL had.... a 35 year old Dirk.
Agreed.

Cleveland has done a great job at using the talented players he already had and making them play up to their potential. No doubt about that
But he was given the keys to an already talented roster.

So if I had to pick from this list, I would go with Dallas(who is my gm of the year at this moment)

Dallas goes from 2nd worst record in the entire league and transformed that roster into a solid team. Will he win it all this season? No.. but from going from a horrible team to becoming a pretender in just one season is a great job thus far.

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Cleveland has done this thru the draft and trades keeping their Irving DePaula duo intact so I think the turnaround is impressive and warrants recognition just as DAL and others have improved via roster over hauls because that's impressive due to getting the pieces to fit.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

I'm happy to be included with Dallas. My fellow Nole' is an excellent GM, sounding board, cool dude. He's the reason I came out of retirement post league crash depression lol.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Dallas because Myles and 8time made them great again.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028