League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Summer league has been played

Mattybriand
CEO

Re: Summer league has been played

Post by Mattybriand »

Dennis wrote:You cant do exhibition games as admins started to randomize all ratings when I was an admin some time ago.
It is done because you can easily hack the simmer account in DDS3. That fact already got abused by certain GMs during this years FA to figure out the amounts they need to offer to sign freeagents.
Now imagine those would get the real simfile in their hands, they definitely wouldnt play by the rules. That's the reason the file doesnt have the real ratings in it and you can't use exhibition games.

Same reason why everyone knew last year Kevin Durant really would have left and signed with the KINGS!!!
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Dennis wrote:You cant do exhibition games as admins started to randomize all ratings when I was an admin some time ago.
It is done because you can easily hack the simmer account in DDS3. That fact already got abused by certain GMs during this years FA to figure out the amounts they need to offer to sign freeagents.
Now imagine those would get the real simfile in their hands, they definitely wouldnt play by the rules. That's the reason the file doesnt have the real ratings in it and you can't use exhibition games.
To be honest I consider that cheating, and if a team is caught, they should lose a draft pick.
Maybe next cba will address that issue.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Cheaters never prosper!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

8timechamp wrote:
To be honest I consider that cheating, and if a team is caught, they should lose a draft pick.

How do you plan on catching a team moving forward?

8timechamp
Senior Vice President

Post by 8timechamp »

Mattybriand wrote:
8timechamp wrote:

How do you plan on catching a team moving forward?
I haven't gotten that far yet. Just addressing the issue at hand.
Cheaters should be punished period. In the NFL, NBA or even this csl.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Well, some already said they used that glitch (Matty, Brett), but just because they are the "honest" ones they cant be punished as Im sure there are way more using it.
But it was pretty much a decent application by them to never be an admin/simmer/rookie team member or whatsoever, lol.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Dennis wrote:Well, some already said they used that glitch (Matty, Brett), but just because they are the "honest" ones they cant be punished as Im sure there are way more using it.
But it was pretty much a decent application by them to never be an admin/simmer/rookie team member or whatsoever, lol.

If anyone told me it wasn't allowed I wouldn't have done it and I won't moving forward, but I figured it out last year whenever everyone was so confident about KD leaving...

I'm cool with not being a simmer/rookiehead or admin I've only ever offered help when their were struggles with schedules or sim timing.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Man, that logic sounds like "I heard someone shot some people, so I will shoot some people too - has to be legal as someone else did it"...
Anyhow, I just wanted to explain Manu/Josh the reason for the randomized file.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Dennis wrote:Man, that logic sounds like "I heard someone shot some people, so I will shoot some people too - has to be legal as someone else did it"...
Anyhow, I just wanted to explain Manu/Josh the reason for the randomized file.

Drastic example, kind of like your past rape examples lol

It's more like other teams using a competitive advantages so I didn't want to fall behind...

Kind of like how some UFC fighters use to use and IV to rehydrate but some didn't...

Also now no fighter is allowed to..

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Rape examples? You mean like you raped NY in the Griffin trade? That's related to my language, the 1to1 translation of rape in german does not only mean abusing a woman, it also means "to sell someone a pup/to steal someone blind".
Anyway, like said, just explained the reason for a randomized file.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Dennis wrote:Rape examples? You mean like you raped NY in the Griffin trade? That's related to my language, the 1to1 translation of rape in german does not only mean abusing a woman, it also means "to sell someone a pup/to steal someone blind".
Anyway, like said, just explained the reason for a randomized file.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

I understand and thanks Dennis. Kinda sucks. I loved watching the exhibitions in DD2 (yes im weird) lol
Cleveland Cavaliers

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Wait, we knew about this going back to last season and just let it ride???

Forget UFC and the IV or people shooting people(wtf!?!), this is more like the steroid era of the MLB. Players, GM's here, are gonna do it if they're allowed because the league is just gonna turn it's head and ignore it.
Clown.Show.League

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Ocons wrote:Wait, we knew about this going back to last season and just let it ride???

Forget UFC and the IV or people shooting people(wtf!?!), this is more like the steroid era of the MLB. Players, GM's here, are gonna do it if they're allowed because the league is just gonna turn it's head and ignore it.
Haha Kevin, come on man. Do you always have to be so angry? :P You benefited from an inactive GM not matching a player that definitely should have been matched. An argument could easily be made that the admins should have fired iprestige and matched Gordon for BKN to keep the team more appealing for the next GM. Obviously we didn't do that. I'm just saying... try to enjoy the league once in a while. The admins are aware of everything going on.

As for the simming ahead: there were definitely "predictions" made to me by some of the guys that simmed ahead that were flat-out wrong. I'm not going to get into specifics, but a lot of GMs claim to know more than they actually do. They're simming ahead with the wrong file. Simming ahead may help with some things like seeing when RFAs take their QOs, but that's about it. I think there's a bit of randomness for which teams players sign and when the players decide to sign. I remember reading in the news section that PG was leaning towards a Spurs offer (or something like that), and he ended up re-signing with the Magic anyway even though neither team changed their bids.

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

GreenBear wrote:
Ocons wrote:Wait, we knew about this going back to last season and just let it ride???

Haha Kevin, come on man. Do you always have to be so angry? :P You benefited from an inactive GM not matching a player that definitely should have been matched. An argument could easily be made that the admins should have fired iprestige and matched Gordon for BKN to keep the team more appealing for the next GM. Obviously we didn't do that. I'm just saying... try to enjoy the league once in a while. The admins are aware of everything going on.

As for the simming ahead: there were definitely "predictions" made to me by some of the guys that simmed ahead that were flat-out wrong. I'm not going to get into specifics, but a lot of GMs claim to know more than they actually do. They're simming ahead with the wrong file. Simming ahead may help with some things like seeing when RFAs take their QOs, but that's about it. I think there's a bit of randomness for which teams players sign and when the players decide to sign. I remember reading in the news section that PG was leaning towards a Spurs offer (or something like that), and he ended up re-signing with the Magic anyway even though neither team changed their bids.

This is also 100% correct

OneNole
Chairman of the Board

Post by OneNole »

Mattybriand wrote:
GreenBear wrote:

This is also 100% correct
Need to add an *
FINALLY a logical HC Rule our work is done

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

GreenBear wrote: I remember reading in the news section that PG was leaning towards a Spurs offer (or something like that), and he ended up re-signing with the Magic anyway even though neither team changed their bids.
Well I did change my bid from 5yrs straight no option to 5yrs PO in the 5th season so that may have helped (me)?

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

Simming ahead gives you an indication of what might happen but I wouldn't say that it gives you too much advantage. You don't know what's happening in the tem files for next day so all you can see is the situation today. Also, it is not 100% accurate - the player does not make the same decision every time. So not too worried about it.
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Chilikonkarne
CEO

Post by Chilikonkarne »

andrei wrote:Simming ahead gives you an indication of what might happen but I wouldn't say that it gives you too much advantage. You don't know what's happening in the tem files for next day so all you can see is the situation today. Also, it is not 100% accurate - the player does not make the same decision every time. So not too worried about it.
Yes. And honestly who has the time for that :D
Chilikonkarne Era (273-186 / 59%)

2014-2015 : 28-21 - (Lottery)
2015-2016 : 50-32 - (Conference Final)
2016-2017 : 35-47 - (Lottery)
2017-2018 : 54-28 - (Conference Final, Atlantic Division Champion)
2018-2019 : 49-33 - (2nd round)
2019-2020 : 57-25 - (2nd round, Atlantic Division Champion)