League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Summer league has been played

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Summer league has been played

Post by Jestor »

andrei wrote:Simming ahead gives you an indication of what might happen but I wouldn't say that it gives you too much advantage. You don't know what's happening in the tem files for next day so all you can see is the situation today. Also, it is not 100% accurate - the player does not make the same decision every time. So not too worried about it.
This, essentially.

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

The only advantage I enjoyed about the exhibitions was that one can use them to get a rough idea of the numbers plays are gonna put up and if a role worked for them or not. The engine from what I've been told is completely different from whats used in franchise mode.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Ocons
Chairman of the Board

Post by Ocons »

Jestor wrote:
andrei wrote:Simming ahead gives you an indication of what might happen but I wouldn't say that it gives you too much advantage. You don't know what's happening in the tem files for next day so all you can see is the situation today. Also, it is not 100% accurate - the player does not make the same decision every time. So not too worried about it.
This, essentially.
Yes, and no. For someone who doesn't have the game and is already at a disadvantage, this magnifies it. I know not having the game is on me but there were quite a few times this FA period where I just needed to sign someone fast so I can make my next move - which had to wait until someone was signed. Instead of dicking around, I could have used this nonsense to get a better idea. Yes, things change and teams adjust their files but it would have been very helpful.

In addition, I could have floated some max offers during the early stages to see if they'd even get considered. A couple guys signed quick so you never know.

Certainly not a gamechanger but does make a difference.

@ Doug: I've got to stir it up every now and then (AKA all the time). In seriousness, I don't complain to complain. When I do get riled up it's because it is relevant and I have a strong opinion on it. Doesn't mean I'm not having fun. I actually quite enjoy this league and am super stoked about this coming season. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be addicted to checking the forums every 10-15 minutes. It's like my own little facebook since I don't mess with that stuff. :D
Clown.Show.League

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

Ocons wrote:
Jestor wrote:
This, essentially.
Yes, and no. For someone who doesn't have the game and is already at a disadvantage, this magnifies it. I know not having the game is on me but there were quite a few times this FA period where I just needed to sign someone fast so I can make my next move - which had to wait until someone was signed. Instead of dicking around, I could have used this nonsense to get a better idea. Yes, things change and teams adjust their files but it would have been very helpful.

In addition, I could have floated some max offers during the early stages to see if they'd even get considered. A couple guys signed quick so you never know.

Certainly not a gamechanger but does make a difference.

@ Doug: I've got to stir it up every now and then (AKA all the time). In seriousness, I don't complain to complain. When I do get riled up it's because it is relevant and I have a strong opinion on it. Doesn't mean I'm not having fun. I actually quite enjoy this league and am super stoked about this coming season. If it wasn't fun, I wouldn't be addicted to checking the forums every 10-15 minutes. It's like my own little facebook since I don't mess with that stuff. :D

Make a fake fb for the chat that's what Andrei did...

Btw it does change because Blake signed 2 days later then I expected
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić

andrei
Chairman of the Board

Post by andrei »

My account is not fake man, I got 13 friends already... pic is real also, from my photography days
Congrats to season 16 ASL champion SoulKey. For the Swarm!

Mattybriand
CEO

Post by Mattybriand »

andrei wrote:My account is not fake man, I got 13 friends already... pic is real also, from my photography days
Fixed
George DePaula|Damien Inglis|Draymond Green|Karl Anthony-Towns|Nikola Jokić