League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Team Rumor Thread

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Re: Team Rumor Thread

Post by WillyJakkz »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 1:10 am Rumor has it, the Knicks will be transitioning Luka to small forward in the upcoming season.

Knicks gm: "He can play 1-4 with his rebounding, steals, and ability to draw fouls at a high percentage. That's his true position in this engine."
Took my advice. Initial advice was to trade him somewhere (not Orlando we never offered for him) but he should be great at SF.

If not trade him.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Dallas: Reports coming out of Dallas is that on the first night of free agency their first phone calls were to Guards DeAaron Fox, Donovan Mitchell, and PJ Dozier. All three meetings went well and it is believed that one of the guards received a max offer on night one. The Mavs are also keeping an eye out on Division Rival guard Malik Monk on whether there are any rumblings of him not getting a max and former Mavs bigman Jarret Allen on potentially pairing Allen in the front court with Williamson.
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Malik Monk has been offered his 5 year max don't worry lmao

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

KW wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:10 pm Malik Monk has been offered his 5 year max don't worry lmao
Keeping my eye on you! :)
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

wms02a wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:04 pm Dallas: Reports coming out of Dallas is that on the first night of free agency their first phone calls were to Guards DeAaron Fox, Donovan Mitchell, and PJ Dozier. All three meetings went well and it is believed that one of the guards received a max offer on night one. The Mavs are also keeping an eye out on Division Rival guard Malik Monk on whether there are any rumblings of him not getting a max and former Mavs bigman Jarret Allen on potentially pairing Allen in the front court with Williamson.
mitchell got max from us

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

wms02a wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:04 pm Dallas: Reports coming out of Dallas is that on the first night of free agency their first phone calls were to Guards DeAaron Fox, Donovan Mitchell, and PJ Dozier. All three meetings went well and it is believed that one of the guards received a max offer on night one. The Mavs are also keeping an eye out on Division Rival guard Malik Monk on whether there are any rumblings of him not getting a max and former Mavs bigman Jarret Allen on potentially pairing Allen in the front court with Williamson.
You got enough cap space to re-sign DeAndre Hunter to close to his 15.9 max and another free agent?
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

wms02a wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:13 pm
KW wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:10 pm Malik Monk has been offered his 5 year max don't worry lmao
Keeping my eye on you! :)
I know you do, you do every year lol

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Reports indicates Mo Wagner got his day-1 max offer from the 76ers as expected after being their best contrubutor during postseason.

The 76ers are expected to pursue another ring in the next 1-2 years before pivoting into a full, long rebuild. Rumors said there were good offers for Sixers' best players but winnign the championship turned the direction of the franchise towards continuing to compete at high level for some extra years.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

AP reports indicate the Blazers' owner is not pleased with new GM GreenBear after the team failed to secure the full MLE this FA period.
He didn't do his homework, and now we have the room MLE instead. I'm paying him a lot of money to finally right the ship in Portland and make sure garbage like this doesn't happen. Maybe I should've tried harder for StOfTheStep's services. At least if he was in Portland being an absentee GM, I'd know the team would become great immediately after relieving him of duty.
- Blazers' owner

The AP reached out to GM GreenBear via text, but he declined to comment outside of this: "🫣"

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:09 pm
You got enough cap space to re-sign DeAndre Hunter to close to his 15.9 max and another free agent?
Yes if i dont sign hunter first
Dallas Maverick GM

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

wms02a wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:08 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 10:09 pm
Yes if i dont sign hunter first
Gotcha 👍
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Glad to see some other players from the 2021 class are getting max offers, because the last and only time they hit the market, as RFAs, the only one signing a max contract was Ingram.
ImageImageImageImageImage

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

It's still tough to beat out the home team for FAs since it's 4 years vs 5 years. Might be able to still sign non-max with bird rights vs max offer from another team.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Dallas: Rumblings out of Dallas is they have pivoted strategies on FA. Surprised by the rumored offer PJ Dozier to resign, a player the Mavs had viewed as out of reach, but a better fit, the team has decided to shift all their resources to Dozier. This includes making the promise of championships. Team Ownership and management has flown out to San Francisco to meet with Dozier and his agent to talk about the opportunities with him and Zion on the court together. With nearly $30MM in capspace, the team is willing to pony up the full max to Dozier viewing him as the PG they had been searching for. With this news, it is believed Donavon Mitchell is no longer on their radar, siting fit alongside Zion and the high likelihood of him receiving a max from Utah.
Dallas Maverick GM

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

wms02a wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:50 pm Dallas: Rumblings out of Dallas is they have pivoted strategies on FA. Surprised by the rumored offer PJ Dozier to resign, a player the Mavs had viewed as out of reach, but a better fit, the team has decided to shift all their resources to Dozier. This includes making the promise of championships. Team Ownership and management has flown out to San Francisco to meet with Dozier and his agent to talk about the opportunities with him and Zion on the court together. With nearly $30MM in capspace, the team is willing to pony up the full max to Dozier viewing him as the PG they had been searching for. With this news, it is believed Donavon Mitchell is no longer on their radar, siting fit alongside Zion and the high likelihood of him receiving a max from Utah.
:twisted:
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

cb4raptorscb4 wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:36 pm
wms02a wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 3:50 pm Dallas: Rumblings out of Dallas is they have pivoted strategies on FA. Surprised by the rumored offer PJ Dozier to resign, a player the Mavs had viewed as out of reach, but a better fit, the team has decided to shift all their resources to Dozier. This includes making the promise of championships. Team Ownership and management has flown out to San Francisco to meet with Dozier and his agent to talk about the opportunities with him and Zion on the court together. With nearly $30MM in capspace, the team is willing to pony up the full max to Dozier viewing him as the PG they had been searching for. With this news, it is believed Donavon Mitchell is no longer on their radar, siting fit alongside Zion and the high likelihood of him receiving a max from Utah.
Dozier, Hunter, Williamson could be the best two-way trio in the league
Dallas Maverick GM

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Let the FA games begin.

targeting a 77 greed player on day 2 is a complete waste of time. Dozier will never switch teams on day 2 or 3 probably not 4 either. I think Mitchell is Dallas true 1st target and they want utah to get comfortable and maybe try lowballing.

My 1st targets would be wagner/wendell carter/mitchell/Culver, very low greed or demands and they will probably sign on day 2/3. I dont care if i dont need a bigman getting a star for nothing is so huge, and so hard.

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Silogical wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:06 pm
Let the FA games begin.

targeting a 77 greed player on day 2 is a complete waste of time. Dozier will never switch teams on day 2 or 3 probably not 4 either. I think Mitchell is Dallas true 1st target and they want utah to get comfortable and maybe try lowballing.

My 1st targets would be wagner/wendell carter/mitchell/Culver, very low greed or demands and they will probably sign on day 2/3. I dont care if i dont need a bigman getting a star for nothing is so huge, and so hard.
Good luck beating my max hehe
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:00 pm
Silogical wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:06 pm

Let the FA games begin.

Good luck beating my max hehe
Not trying :) Dont think he would be a great pair to zion when i have bigger holes in the backcourt
Dallas Maverick GM

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

In a bittersweet moment tonite, Orlando Magic fans will say good bye to Ja Morant when they take the floor vs the Houston Rockets. Although he is listed as Probable for tonite it is not known whether he will suit up or not.

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF D Bane
PF S Barnes| C M Williams