League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2031 Rookie Class - First Impressions

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Re: 2031 Rookie Class - First Impressions

Post by mgtr81 »

Both McBride and Shahrvin are as expected. Very happy with them.
ImageImageImageImageImage

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Yes the level of rawness was something multiple people asked for, I'm interested to see how training camps go especially for those that are 200-300 off their potentials. This game does ridiculous things like getting players like 80% of the way to their potentials in training camp #1, hoping this forces it into a gradual approach somehow but I fully expect we'll watch someone gain like 175 points in one camp

cb4raptorscb4
Commissioner

Post by cb4raptorscb4 »

KW wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:46 pm Yes the level of rawness was something multiple people asked for, I'm interested to see how training camps go especially for those that are 200-300 off their potentials. This game does ridiculous things like getting players like 80% of the way to their potentials in training camp #1, hoping this forces it into a gradual approach somehow but I fully expect we'll watch someone gain like 175 points in one camp
I'm sure we will see a couple big jumps. I remember Jovic had a 115 pt jump last year.
Golden State Warriors
Kris Dunn | PJ Dozier | Ding Yanyuhang | Kevon Looney | Chimezie Metu
Devonte Graham | Nimrod Levi | Tariq Owens | Johnny Hamilton
'23: 34-48 (5-8 as GM)
'24: 40-42, 1st Round Exit
'25: 50-32, Championship Round Loss (4-3)
'26: 48-34, 1st Round Exit
'27: 44-38, Missed Playoffs
'28: 39-43, 1st Round Exit
'29: 57-25, Championship Round Loss (4-2)
'30: 48-34, Conference Finals Loss (4-1)

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I dont think the class was raw enough, only 1 player with 2 stars to improve. Im assuming work ethic isnt too high so the rookies can progress over a few years. Its just so much better watching rookies progress, and not knowing exactly who they will be on day 1.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

#bring back potentials ingame
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

KW wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2024 6:46 pm Yes the level of rawness was something multiple people asked for, I'm interested to see how training camps go especially for those that are 200-300 off their potentials. This game does ridiculous things like getting players like 80% of the way to their potentials in training camp #1, hoping this forces it into a gradual approach somehow but I fully expect we'll watch someone gain like 175 points in one camp
Just the contrary is likely to happen, as the main driver for development is the difference between potential and current ratings, with overweight on scoring. Maybe for players with low consistency works as intended, as that is also somehow important in development (unlike work ethic, ironically).
ImageImageImageImageImage

AlexS
General Manager

Post by AlexS »

Balsa is extremely raw as expected. He’ll be a fun developmental project (for ~8 years).

I really like this draft class. Thank you for creating and fantastic job as always draft team!!

I like how a lot of these guys are quite raw and there’s no guarantees these guys will turnout. I wonder if teams will start drafting older, already developed players higher going forwards.

Not sure if this is something DDS would allow but it would be fun to have young prospects who choose to play a season in the G-League before being draft eligible like what’s happening more in the NBA. Players could be created and then added to a G-League roster prior to TC(to get a training camp boost and maybe more variability to their development). Their current ability would be known, but will likely be really bad anyways so won’t make too much of a difference, and they could be scouted throughout the season like usual. But with a full season of data as to how they play, take their shots, etc.