League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Flipping the Bird

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Flipping the Bird

Post by Cyrisnyte »

From the Urban Dictionary : Flipping the Bird - The act of extending the central digit of the hand with the intent to cause offense.
In a move that seemed to come out of nowhere, the Golden State Warriors have moved their 1st year rookie player Jabari Bird in a trade with the Miami Heat for PJ Dozier. The Warriors were known to be active in multiple talks around the CSL as the playoffs started to wind down. The common thought though is that they were actively shopping either Kevin Durant or James Harden. GM Cyrisnyte had said on numerous occasions that Jabari Bird was most likely the most untouchable asset that they had.

Yet here we are. After just one season in Oakland, Bird is changing coastlines as he heads to Miami to join not just a playoff team but a team that was in the CSL Finals. He will pair up with the current MVP of the league in Ben Simmons and look to bring a title to South Beach in the upcoming years.

So what happened in Oakland? Why the sudden change of heart by GM Cyrisnyte on Bird? He had this to say.
GM Cyrisnyte,
"Jabari Bird was a player we valued greatly. Bird is the type of player that if he can hit his full potential, can be a dominant player here in the CSL. We had every intention of keeping Bird and him being a Warrior for his entire career. This is a business though, we all know that. When we fielded the call from Miami we had no idea what they would be looking to trade for. When Bird's name was mentioned we were quick to back away until PJ Dozier was mentioned in an offer. When you look at the all around game of Dozier, you have to give series consideration to making a trade for him. His ability to score, rebound and find the open man is a rare combination that we look for. We want players who can contribute in multiple areas of the game, not be a one dimensional player.

We honestly feel Bird could develop into something very special but right now, we want a proven player to put in our lineup as opposed to one we are banking on potential for the future. Dozier is a player we can honestly say can step right in and be a contributor from day 1 here in The Bay.
When reached for comment, Bird said he understood the nature of the business. While he wasn't happy that he was shipped away already, he was thrilled to know of his landing spot.

So it seems that step 1 of what could be a huge off-season for the Warriors has taken place. They indeed seem to have extended Bird with the intent to cause offense.
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Re: Flipping the Bird

Post by Cleasby »

I like the move for you. You get PJ who I think will be great in 19 and you have him on a contract friendly deal for 2 years.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Good move you got rhe better guy. I love Dozier and honestly I would see if he could play With Durant and Harden. You're much stronger defensively now
Cleveland Cavaliers

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

I like both players and not sure which one will turn out the better.
Right now it seems Dozier is the more proven one.

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Interesting move for both teams. Defensively, Bird and Dozier are almost identical. Outside of that, Dozier has the better all-around game (better rebounding, playmaking, more aggressive scorer), while Bird is a much better shooter. Miami certainly has a thing for shooters, and Bird will be very good in that area.

wms02a
CEO

Post by wms02a »

Love dozier... great move by GSW
Dallas Maverick GM

2024: San Antonio Spurs - Southwest Division Champion, GM of the Year, Coach of the Year
2025: San Antonio Spurs - Western Conference Champions

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Nice thread title, very creative :lol:

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton |
PF W Kessler | C M Williams

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:48 am Nice thread title, very creative :lol:
+1

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Dozier is a very good all around player, and I think he will fit in very well in Golden State. Bird is no slouch himself, it's really a preference thing.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Cyrisnyte
General Manager

Post by Cyrisnyte »

WillyJakkz wrote: Mon Jul 29, 2019 6:48 am Nice thread title, very creative :lol:
Thanks man! You know I don't usually make a typical article. ha ha
Harrison -- Young --- ZDK --- AA --- WCJ
Duval -- O'Neale -- Okeke -- Reid -- N'Diaye

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

This is as close to a win-win 1-for-1 trade as I can remember. Great fit for both teams

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Post by Myles »

Great challenge trade, we'll know in a few seasons who this trade was good for lol