League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

2023 End of Season Awards - RESULTS

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

2023 End of Season Awards - RESULTS

Post by emplep7 »

Thanks to all who participated. We had 29 GMs vote with only 1 GM who didn't vote so thanks again to everyone for getting these out!

*Note: 5 points given to a 1st place vote, 3 points given to a 2nd place vote, and 1 point given to a 3rd place vote. First place votes are in parentheses.

Additionally, only those selections who received a First Place vote (OR) at least 10 total points are displayed below.

MVP

Winner: Ben Simmons, MIA - 103 pts (18)
Runner Up: Paul George, DAL - 29 pts (2)
3rd place: Dante Exum, ATL - 23 pts (2)
3rd place: Stanley Johnson, OKC - 23 pts (2)

Others receiving first place votes or at least 10 total points: DeAaron Fox, BOS - 15 (0), Blake Griffin, CLE - 12 (2), James Harden, GSW - 9 (1), Karl-Anthony Towns, HOU - 7 (1), Klay Thompson, OKC - 6 (1)

Notes: There is a new man in charge of this league and his name is Ben Simmons. I expect him to win this award for the foreseeable future since no other talent in the league at this point is very close to him. We had a two way tie for third, which is rare but Paul George is still getting a ton of respect around the league after all these years.

DPoY

Winner: Okaro White, PHX - 64 pts (9)
Runner Up: Marcus Smart, POR - 29 pts (2)
3rd place: Anthony Davis, NOP - 22 pts (3)

Others receiving first place votes or at least 10 total points: Lonzo Ball, PHI - 21 (3), Justice Winslow, IND - 20 (1), Dante Exum, ATL - 14 (2), Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, OKC - 12 (1), Elfrid Payton, CLE - 11 (1), Otto Porter, SAC - 11 (1), Zach Collins, PHX - 9 (1), Karl-Anthony Towns, HOU - 6 (1), Jordan Adams, DET - 5 (1)

Notes: Okaro takes it yet again and Marcus Smart jumps big time in this years voting. Poor Kemba has fallen off from grace and couldn't even score a first place vote for the first time since we've started these votes.

Rookie of the Year

Winner: Jayson Tatum, DEN - 119 pts (19)
Runner Up: Marvin Bagley, LAL - 83 pts (7)
3rd place: Trae Young, CHA - 37 pts (3)

Others receiving first place votes or at least 10 total points: DeAndre Ayton, BRK - 13 (0), Donovan Mitchell, PHX - 5 (1)

Notes: Everyone knew this would be a two man race and it shows here, but Tatum ran away with this one pretty easily. Trae Young got some votes, but otherwise it shows the large gap between the top of this past rookie class and the rest of the players.

Most Improved Player**Only 28 1st place votes - one GM forgot to select a player for 1st.

Winner: Malik Monk, HOU - 51 pts (6)
Runner Up: Henry Ellenson, POR - 49 pts (9)
3rd place: Zach Collins, PHX - 34 pts (2)

Others receiving first place votes or at least 10 total points: Chieck Diallo, LAL - 26 (2), Maedo Lo, NY - 20 (2), PJ Dozier, MIA - 17 (3), Lonzo Ball, PHI - 17 (1), Thon Maker, MIL - 15 (1), Brandon Ingram, MIL - 10 (1), Terry Rozier, SA - 10 (1)

Notes: Although Monk is only a second year player, you can't deny the jump and impact he made for that Houston team. Ellenson proved to be a polarizing player as 9 GMs thought he should take this award, while most other GMs didn't even put him top 3.

6th Man of the Year

Winner: Klay Thompson, OKC - 73 pts (10)
Runner Up: Joshua Smith, MIA - 49 pts (6)
3rd place: Jayson Tatum, DEN - 30 pts (2)

Others receiving first place votes or at least 10 total points: James Young, DEN - 25 (2), Montrezl Harrell, MEM - 23 (3), Chieck Diallo, LAL - 17 (3), DeAngelo Russell, BRK - 17 (2), Jabari Brown, PHI - 6 (1)

Notes: Klay finally gets his due and its well deserved. Joshua Smith continues to buck the award that is usually owned by guards and forwards and comes in 2nd, while the rookie Tatum shows up yet again.

GM of the Year

Winner: Flaming Homer - 49 pts (7)
Runner Up: Myles - 32 pts (4)
3rd place: Andrewu91 - 29 pts (5) *won tiebreaker due to 1st place votes.

Others receiving first place votes or at least 10 total points: emplep7 - 29 (4), BizGilWalker (KW) - 29 (2), Marcos_Beck - 23 (2), Silogical - 15 (2), GreenBear - 10 (0), bt - 9 (1), Dennis - 9 (1), ozymandias - 5 (1)

Notes: Andy takes home the GM title this year with the amazing work he did with the Hawks starting at the draft! Myles made big moves to get into 2nd and Andrew rounds out the top 3 by securing the top record in the league.

Coach of the Year

Winner: Flaming Homer - 39 pts (6)
Runner Up: Andrewu91 - 33 pts (6)
3rd place: BizGilWalker (KW) - 26 pts (3) *won tiebreaker due to 1st place votes.

Others receiving first place votes or at least 10 total points: GreenBear - 26 (0), emplep7 - 25 (2), Silogical - 23 (3), bt - 15 (2), Dennis - 15 (1), Marcos_Beck - 13 (2), Rizzo - 13 (2), cleasby - 8 (1), blackice - 5 (1)

Notes: Andy secures the sweep this season, which is very impressive for any GM and shows a lot of respect! Andrew again shows up in the top 3 after having the best record, and Kyrus takes third after the run he put together with the injuries he faced all year.

Congrats to all of the winners, especially Flaming Homer for taking the distinguished honors of both GM and Coach of the year and thank you to the 29 GMs who took part in this years voting!

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Re: 2023 End of Season Awards - RESULTS

Post by KW »

Was not expecting to tie for 3rd place in coaching or GM voting, so thanks a lot for that! :D

Big congrats to ATL for winning both of those!

I don't usually vote 2nd year players in for MIP since they're expected to jump, Malik improved way more than I expected, so good to see him get his props.

Disappointed Kemba didn't get recognized for his defense. He completely changed everything for us this year.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Congrats to all the winners.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

drumr
Chairman of the Board

Post by drumr »

Congratulations to everyone who won. Another great CSL season in the books. Hoping to see more Cavs back in here next season! Come on offseason.
Cleveland Cavaliers

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Great to see the results of these. Of course the two awards that mean the most are Coach and GM of the Year so to see a new GM sweep those awards is a great sign for this league! Congrats Andy!

Thanks to the two brave GMs that voted for me as Coach of the Year. Sorry to let you down!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

TheTwoWallaces
CEO

Post by TheTwoWallaces »

Winslow in shambles. Jk congrats to flamingHomer and Godspeed to all those who go against Simmons
DETROIT BASKETBALL

Krejci | Melton | Campazzo
Porter | Notice | King
Johnson | Kispert
McDaniels | Martin | Petrusev
Wiseman | Stewart

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

I'm surprised Davis got so many votes for DPOY, he barely played all year. 52 games, 44 starts, 2.3 blocks, 1.3 steals, in 27 minutes. Elite defensively for sure, but I figured this would be a heavy down year, and next year he would bounce back hard.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

WillyJakkz
Chairman of the Board

Post by WillyJakkz »

Congrats all especially to Okaro White, unbelievable what he's done...

ORLANDO
MAGIC:
PG L Ball | SG A Edwards | SF K Middleton
PF S Barnes| C M Williams

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Fox got some MVP votes in his 2nd season. Can't complain.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Ramcus wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:45 pm I'm surprised Davis got so many votes for DPOY, he barely played all year. 52 games, 44 starts, 2.3 blocks, 1.3 steals, in 27 minutes. Elite defensively for sure, but I figured this would be a heavy down year, and next year he would bounce back hard.
Like the NBA, CSL DPotY often tends to be about reputation.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

Congrats to all winners. Scoring wins out over well-rounded game again, just like Tavares' year (who was also one of my rookies).

Well-deserved double by Flaming Homer - I think that's the first time we've seen someone win the double, no? Fantastic work all-around.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Holy crap.
Thank you for all this confidence and trust, very appreciated! Not a big fan of personal awards but it is flattering.
To be honest I don't see myself on top of this lists. It looks like a lot of my fellow GM's have a lot more trust in our development last year. Anyway it motivates me even more to proof it.

I really like my team and how they came together last year. And hopefully we can play up to the expectations.

Good to see that Exum is not completely forgotten. Thanks to my coaching style its pretty hard for Atlanta players to fill individual stats. But he is our ultimate core piece, on offense and defense.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Stanley 3rd in MVP voting
Klay won 6th man of the year
I came in 3rd in Gm of the Year
I came in 2nd and almost won coach of the year

Thanks for the votes and congrats to everyone
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

Cleasby
Senior Vice President

Post by Cleasby »

Andy thoroughly deserved the awards so congrats.

How on earth ball did not take dpoy amazes me. Apart from that I can't argue with any of the other selections.
2020-2021 CSL coach of the year

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Cleasby wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:59 pm How on earth ball did not take dpoy amazes me. Apart from that I can't argue with any of the other selections.
Well...
1) Ball missed half the season.

2) Okaro: 2.0 steals, 1.5 blocks, 97.6 DSR, 0.83 PA/SF;
Ball: 2.0 steals, 0.1 blocks, 99.8 DSR, 0.94 PA/SF

How on earth are you amazed Okaro got the award over him?

GreenBear
CSL Champ 2021 & 2024

Post by GreenBear »

Congrats to all.

- MVP: Simmons is going to be a nightmare for a long, long time. I'm just happy he's in the East.

- DPoY: Can we just re-name it the Okaro White award? :)

- RoY: It was tough for me choosing between Tatum and Bagley. 2 guys with very bright futures. Also, not sure how Mitchell got a 1st place vote. I love him going forward... but RoY he is not.

- MIP: I always struggle with this category. Should 2nd/3rd year guys even count? They're obviously developing and see the biggest boom to their ratings/endurance. Regardless, very pleased to see Collins as high as he is. He surprised even me with his growth.

- 6th man: Another category I struggle with. I don't really see Klay or Smith as 6th men, but I guess they are by definition. Also love that Denver has two 6th men in the top four of this voting haha. On one hand, that shows you the phenomenal second unit they have (Young especially gave us fits in the playoffs). On the other hand, I'm not sure how that's possible since there can only be one 6th man per team haha.

- GMoY: All deserving guys made the podium. Somehow I got 10 points, which is amusing to me since I was away for much of the year. However, I could make the argument that I did a good enough job GMing to set up my team to run on auto-pilot for most of the year and still tie for the best record in the CSL haha.

- CotY: Apparently the GMs have no respect for Myles as a coach lol. Typically, you see the same guys at the top for GMoY and CotY. But that doesn't apply to Myles apparently. 2nd in GMoY, not even in the top 12 for CotY...

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

Well deserved by every player IMO! And congrats Andre on both awards, amazing feature! Shows how long you've gone and one more thing, that you don't need to win every deal in order to build a good team, just trade for the correct fits!
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

bt
CSL Champ 2020, 2023 & 2027

Post by bt »

Congrats to all the winners.
sacramento kings

tremont waters | skylar mays | nigel johnson
matisse thybulle | justin james
robert franks | darius bazely | john butler
donta hall | xavier tillman | patrick williams
jon collins | jonathan isaac | norvel pelle | mfiondu kabengele

CSL CHAMPION Image 2020, 2023, 2027

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

I think the 6th man of the year winner should be roughly 6th in MPG on their team not 1st. Klay hacked that award.

I cant believe no one voted for Eric Bledsoe as MVP. I couldve swore I did but i dont see any votes for him so maybe not.

congrats to all the winners.

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Marcos_Beck wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:06 am Well deserved by every player IMO! And congrats Andre on both awards, amazing feature! Shows how long you've gone and one more thing, that you don't need to win every deal in order to build a good team, just trade for the correct fits!
Thanks Marcos!
I think that is a good point.. So often it seems we only look for the "better" deal. Its easier to argument and probably feels better. But in the end the "right" pieces may bring you a ring.