League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

New Orleans Pelicans Player Recap

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

New Orleans Pelicans Player Recap

Post by Ramcus »

With the post season coming to a close, and the off season right around the corner, let's take a look at how the players for the New Orleans Pelicans performed this season.

Anthony Davis: GP: 52/MPG: 27.3/PPG: 21.2/RPG: 8.7/FG%: 59.1%
In an injury prone year, on extremely limited minutes, Davis showed he still has what it takes to win it all. On a losing team this year, he looks to bounce back hard next season.

Chandler Parsons: GP: 82/MPG: 34.0/PPG: 14.4/APG: 3.4/RPG: 4.7/FG%: 43.2/3p%: 35.7%
As much as I ragged on Parsons ever since I joined the league, he contributed a solid performance all year. Maybe not enough to be a #2 option, or even a #3 option, but he would be a solid veteran presence on any playoff contender. He shot well from the arc, but not often enough. Despite saying this, I will be declining his team option this year. Way too much money, not enough value. My biggest gripe about Parsons this year was that he constantly left me wondering "Why not more?" He clearly has had a successful career being a high volume consistent scorer, but too often would he only shoot 9 times in 30 minutes.

Tyler Dorsey:
Didn't play

Malcolm Brogdon: GP: 5
Barely played

Joe Jackson: GP: 79/MPG: 22.5/PPG: 6.1/APG: 3.6/TPG: 0.9/FG%: 40.3%/3P%: 32.6%
Building his career as a consistent backup Point Guard, he continues providing a nightly contribution off the bench. Jackson debatably should've started more games this season, as his contemporary, Monte Morris, was not much better, but Jackson still did well with his minutes. No complaints here. My only comment is that I expect him to do a bit better with his shooting percentages next year. He was on a bad team this year, and we expect to be in playoff contention next year.

Nikola Vucevic: GP: 82/MPG: 32.4/PPG: 16.2/RPG: 9.7/FGz5: 48.6%
Vucevic played amazing all season, putting up career highs in PPG, Offensive Rebounds at 3.3per game, and FG%, all in the same amount of minutes as last year. He's looking to cash in big time on a nice contract. Coming into a contract year, he did nothing wrong. Playing for a poor team, he'll be looking to move teams, and get a big 4 year contract.

Roy Devyn Marble: GP: 82/MPG: 27.5/PPG: 12.2/FG%: 40.0%/3p%: 36.5%
A solid backup guard, he did everything asked of him. Playing on a poor team meant his 3p% dipped considerably from last year, but if you look at the attempts-to-makes per game, there wasn't a significant drop off whatsoever. a career lights out shooter, he'll also be looking to cash out on his final big paycheck this off season.

Monte Morris: GP: 80/MPG: 23.3/PPG: 9.2/APG: 3.0/FG%: 38.4/3P%: 36.6
Morris was given a bigger role this year, as starting Point Guard of the New Orleans Pelicans. In response, Morris dipped all across the board, dropping in efficiency and showed he is most suited for a backup role. He shot it well from 3 this season, but only on 3 attempts a game. Morris will be looking to step up next season, or he may be looking at the chopping block.

Brandon Knight: GP: 82/MPG: 31.9/PPG: 13.3/APG: 3.9/RPG: 3.1/FG%: 37.6/3p%: 32.6
Brandon Knight's entire career has been a journey man/ball chucker, and this year was no different. He shot inefficiently, and showed he doesn't have what it takes to be on a winning team. This being a contract year was even more important, Knight will most likely be looking at a significant underpay this season, contrary to what Knight himself thinks.

Derrick Jones: GP: 5
Didn't play enough games this season, I'll be looking to do pref work with him next year unless a trade comes along. In his limited games, he's shown to be a low efficiency high volume chucker, but we will see, he is still young.

Brice Johnson: GP: 82/MPG: 30.8/PPG: 10.7/RPG: 7.1/SPG: 1.3/BPG: 0.9/FG%: 47.3%
In his 5 years in the league, Johnson has proven his is an iron man, and this season was no different. Putting up career highs in RPG, SPG, and BPG, he's carving out a role as a quality role player. Unfortunately, next year he'll be expected to put up lesser numbers, he won't be getting as many minutes. Despite that, he's done significant work as a starter, and may be on the move to a team who can give him the minutes, and be that anchor on the defensive end of the ball.

Damyean Dotson: GP: 72/MPG: 7.7/3P%: 37.3
In limited minutes, Dotson has shown flashes of being a dependable spot up shooter on any team. Still young, he'll be given a bigger chance to show what he's made of next season.

James Ennis: GP: 21/MPG: 2.6
At 26 years old, Ennis may not have many more years in the league. Not a good shooter, nor can he play the half court, his only redeeming factor is that he's a 2 time Slam Dunk Contest Participant. Ennis will be looking at his final chance to stay in the league next season, because it'll be a contract year for him then.

Cole Aldrich: GP: 74/MPG: 12.2/PPG: 2.5/RPG: 3.4/FG%: 41.1
Honestly? Can't complain. He gives good effort, and although he's entering his prime, he's a great 3rd option at the C position.

Rajon Rondo: GP: 32/MPG: 6.3
At 35, he's just about dead. What used to be a high level floor general, is now just a husk of his old self. Despite this, he's a decent 3rd option still. No complaints here, he won't be getting many minutes regardless.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Re: New Orleans Pelicans Player Recap

Post by blackice »

Very informative article and I love the writeup on each player. I think at this point you and WAS will be battling for FA's, if you pair Davis with a core PG and a star wing it would automatically make you a contender next season.
Ball is Life.

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Hopefully you can revamp this supporting cast, it realllllllllllllllllllllly needs it

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

If you want Bledsoe, just AD and Bledsoe won't get it done, alone. Trades need to be made to suit AD. Ask yourself, who would work well with AD?

Right now, your roster is all over the place and to entice a player like Bledsoe, he needs shooters and defenders by his side...
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson