League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

New Orleans Free Agency Targets

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Ramcus
CEO

New Orleans Free Agency Targets

Post by Ramcus »

With the Pelicans already publicly stating their plan to chase big name free agents this summer, lets look at the most prominent free agents they can offer a deal:

1. Eric Bledsoe- Bledsoe leads a fairly strong PG Free Agent class. A true 2-Way Star, he only recently won a championship with the Oklahoma City Thunder, and are strong contenders to win it again this season. Without doubt he will be returning to the Thunder if they do win again, but what if they don't? The CSL haven't had consecutive championship winners ever. With this in mind, the Pelicans are looking to entice Bledsoe with a max offer and a chance to contend AGAIN, under a different team.

2. Paul George- Reigning MVP Paul George. Where do we even begin? Oh right, he's 34. In spite of commanding a recent MVP, George is on the older side. He will still get his well deserved max contract, but for what price? A proven winner, he looks to be challenging for another championship in the twilight years of his career. The Pelicans will of course be looking towards him, even if he can only dependably score for a couple more years.

3. Dante Exum- An insane defensive nightmare for opposing teams, Exum looks to be heading right into the prime of his career. At 27 and only getting better, he'll also be commanding a max contract in this upcoming free agency. Hawks GM Flaming Homer looks to be keeping him, but maybe Exum can be lured away by the hopes of a championship with proven CSL superstar Anthony Davis.

4. Marcus Smart- What a loaded position the SG role is in this free agency. 3 superstar caliber players looking to command a max contract, and possibly contend for a championship. A true superstar, Smart can do it all on the court. A hard nosed defender who can light it up on the offensive end, he'll surely be remaining on the Blazers, barring any significant disappointments these playoffs.

5. Jabari Parker- Wow what a player. A bonafide scorer at all levels, and willingly plays defense, Sixers GM AC is surely looking to resign his wonder man. But Parker may be looking for greener pastures, new horizons. A chance to win a championship elsewhere. With this in mind, the Pelicans will be looking to lure him away to play second fiddle to bonafide superstar Anthony Davis.

6. James Harden- Wow look at that. Another MVP. At 32, Harden is getting older. Still producing at an MVP level, the Pelicans can hope to reach that championship status just 1 more time for Harden. Still going to get his max contract, the Pelicans will have to understand they will be overpaying Harden in the next couple years.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Myles
Gone But Not Forgotten

Re: New Orleans Free Agency Targets

Post by Myles »

Holy cow the free agency class this year is strong. If you can land ANY of those guys to pair with AD you are instantly a contender. PG and AD together would be lethal, but my #1 target on that list would be Exum simply because you know he won’t decline soon. Harden would be an excellent target as well next to Davis.

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Hahaha, I will be targeting those guys as well with my 2 max contracts worth of cap space! Can't wait!
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Bledsoe and Harden going for a big three with AD in NOLA?
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Giving Bledsoe a Max offer at age 33 would be a bad mistake. Not because I'm trying to change your mind, but he will continue to decline and by year 2, that contract would be borderline untradable.
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Are they ranked in order? I'd probably go for Parker first, but may be difficult to pry him away from Philadelphia as the Sixers will likely offer him a max deal. Davis needs a perimeter scorer, in my opinion. Bledsoe would be huge, too.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Ramcus
CEO

Post by Ramcus »

mgtr81 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:56 pm Are they ranked in order? I'd probably go for Parker first, but may be difficult to pry him away from Philadelphia as the Sixers will likely offer him a max deal. Davis needs a perimeter scorer, in my opinion. Bledsoe would be huge, too.
No, they're not ranked in any particular order. Personally, I'd probably go for Bledsoe because he meshes well with a big man like AD, or Parker because he can fit with AD in a 1A 1B style.
Stay Me7o Image
NOLA 2022-2030: 292-364
BRK 2030-2031: Interim GM/Coach | CSL Champion
LAC 2031-present

Silogical
CSL Champ 2026

Post by Silogical »

Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 pm Giving Bledsoe a Max offer at age 33 would be a bad mistake. Not because I'm trying to change your mind, but he will continue to decline and by year 2, that contract would be borderline untradable.
It's either pay up or sign no one. The biggest mistake bad teams make is they dont sign players because of their age or because they think its an overpay. I cant wait to see what a core of Simmons/Bledsoe/Dozier/Smith/Smith can do.

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Silogical wrote: Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:47 am
Andrewu91 wrote: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:08 pm Giving Bledsoe a Max offer at age 33 would be a bad mistake. Not because I'm trying to change your mind, but he will continue to decline and by year 2, that contract would be borderline untradable.
It's either pay up or sign no one. The biggest mistake bad teams make is they dont sign players because of their age or because they think its an overpay. I cant wait to see what a core of Simmons/Bledsoe/Dozier/Smith/Smith can do.
With the way you played that Lillard card, I doubt any free agent will want to sign with you. Sign then flip Lillard for a first. They will just be put on the trade block like all your other guys with a price tag next to their names. Bledsoe has high loyalty ratings too, doesn't he?!

Wish you the best of luck lol
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

AC
General Manager

Post by AC »

Good luck with Jabari :P
'22 - '23 Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Lonzo Ball / Ray McCallum