League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

K Knox asking for Trade

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

K Knox asking for Trade

Post by Dennis »

Knox knocking fown Freethrows

Boston, Massachussets - In what will be a busy offseason for the Boston Celtics, rumors are now also having that the Celtics former lotterypick, Kevin Knox, is asking for a trade prior to next season. Knox' Agent said "Well, Kevin has shown he can be a great player, when given minutes. But looking at his current situation in Boston, it is unlikely he will see more courttime anytime soon. We will try to find a solution for it with Dennis".

Knox, who just started 13 games this season, is averaging 10 points in 14 minutes of action after putting up 8 points in 13 minutes during his rookie campaign. While the former Wildcat had some struggles this season, he found his groove late in the season and found his rhythm in the last 5 games of the season, averaging 30.5 Points, 1 Steal, 6.8 Rebounds and 10.5 FTAs on 55% shooting.

The Celtics management was around for a very brief comment:" Well, it hurts to see a talented young guy like Kevin not being able to get any courttime, however, we have to do what's best for the team. And sadly he just doesn't fit right now. The draft, free agency and the offseason in general is right ahead, so maybe we are able to find a solid deal to enable him to be a starter - and potential first option - for a team needing a scorer. If not, we will finally work on his shooting preferences next season and wait for another TC-improvement of his shooting ratings. I could easily see him become a 6th man scorer for us."
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Re: K Knox asking for Trade

Post by Rizzo »

Knox has gotten a bad rap around the league because of his lack of playing time but that's not entirely due to his talent. Your team just doesn't have the minutes for him. The public perception on Knox could hamper a bit of his trade value but a smart GM will be able to see his true value.
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

I’m sure you will eventually find a deal for him tha you like, as he’s a talented scorer.
Big changes are coming in D.C.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Rizzo wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:06 pm Knox has gotten a bad rap around the league because of his lack of playing time but that's not entirely due to his talent. Your team just doesn't have the minutes for him. The public perception on Knox could hamper a bit of his trade value but a smart GM will be able to see his true value.
I honestly had good offers for him already this season and was close to accept one or two. Just couldn't match salaries and/or didn't have enough scouts to scout this class from top5 to top15. Else I might have traded him.

You are right though. Given his little playingtime, most GMs dont have a good feeling for him. Unless the have their scouts from back then for him still stashed somewhere. Let's see what happens next offseason.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

He's really not that good..
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

If his three-point shooting was better he could be an option for us ... and yes, I do still have his scouting reports.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

No doubt. You need 3pt shooting next to him. He's strong inside and crazy at drawing fouls, but he doesn't provide much range.

CSL Champions Image 2028

mgtr81
Chairman of the Board

Post by mgtr81 »

Dennis wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:55 am No doubt. You need 3pt shooting next to him. He's strong inside and crazy at drawing fouls, but he doesn't provide much range.
Precisely, not a good fit with Ingram, Maker and Carter in my opinion. Although Ingram is shooting slightly below his ratings from three-point range. My guess is, given how DDS works with ratings, he should improve next season. Knox reminds me of real life Glenn Robinson.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

mgtr81 wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 11:00 am
Dennis wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:55 am No doubt. You need 3pt shooting next to him. He's strong inside and crazy at drawing fouls, but he doesn't provide much range.
Precisely, not a good fit with Ingram, Maker and Carter in my opinion. Although Ingram is shooting slightly below his ratings from three-point range. My guess is, given how DDS works with ratings, he should improve next season. Knox reminds me of real life Glenn Robinson.
Haha true. Now, whichever team is trading for him, just needs to add the csl version of Robinson's reallife sidekick, Ray Allen haha.

Anyhow, as you said. Not the perfect fit. I think your team will record at least 10-12 more wins once you have a decent PG that can run the show and hit 3pt.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Marcos_Beck
CSL Champ 2019

Post by Marcos_Beck »

On a team full of defenders and shooters he could thrive. I'm not saying he's bad. No way, kid can score the ball.

But it's TOO specific and this hurt his value so much IMO. I wouldn't pay top dollar to trade for him, I mean, your asking price, I never asked, but you have no reason to sell him low, and I wouldn't pay high for him unless I had the perfect situation for him to flourish. It's really really hard to find such in this league.
18-19 Chicago Bulls: CSL Champions
#1 D.Rose #11 J.Holiday #21 J.Butler #42 A.Horford #13 J.Noah

29-30 Philadelphia 76ers: CSL Champions
#1 L.Ball #15 M.Beasley #23 B.Bowen #21 M.Wagner #51 K.Towns

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

A top scorer who if he had other specialized skills (or a three point) shot would be a very good player in the league. He reminds me of a Justin Harper-clone who should be able to be a very good bench scorer on a team and help the second unit when the first unit is resting.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

emplep7 wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:43 pm A top scorer who if he had other specialized skills (or a three point) shot would be a very good player in the league. He reminds me of a Justin Harper-clone who should be able to be a very good bench scorer on a team and help the second unit when the first unit is resting.
Well, now, he's way more efficient than harper when developed and workes on prefs.

CSL Champions Image 2028

KW
CSL Champ 2017

Post by KW »

Boston never playing him in meaningful minutes, and only giving him burn after their playoff seeds were locked up... that should be a red flag to any newish GM's thinking about giving up nice assets for him hoping he can lead a team.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

BizGilwalker wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 4:49 pm Boston never playing him in meaningful minutes, and only giving him burn after their playoff seeds were locked up... that should be a red flag to any newish GM's thinking about giving up nice assets for him hoping he can lead a team.
No worries dude I'm no new joiner trader. And no we don't play him because we are too deep. If I would have to decide I would take Knox every time over musa for example.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

I hope who ever drafts Musa ..gets him revenge games against Boston .. I like Knox but I’m not going to overpay for him

AC
General Manager

Post by AC »

Surely, he's got value on the trade market :!: Any word on what sort of packages Boston would be seeking in return?
'22 - '23 Philadelphia 76ers
PG: Lonzo Ball / Ray McCallum
SG: Jabari Brown / E’Twaun Moore / Josh Richardson
SF: Jabari Parker / Kevin Hervey / Jerami Grant
PF: Adreian Payne / Moritz Wagner
C: Damian Jones / Daniel Miller

10th overall pick (2023 CSL Draft)

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Post by Jestor »

AC wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:27 am Surely, he's got value on the trade market :!: Any word on what sort of packages Boston would be seeking in return?
Way too much for a 15-20 MPG bench scorer who can't do anything else except get a couple steals and is rock-dumb to boot.

Stockton12
Chairman of the Board

Post by Stockton12 »

AC wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:27 am Surely, he's got value on the trade market :!: Any word on what sort of packages Boston would be seeking in return?
Last time I asked he wanted my first ..look where that ended ..so I’m glad I said nos

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

Stockton12 wrote: Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:54 am
Last time I asked he wanted my first ..look where that ended ..so I’m glad I said nos
Lol stop lying guys. It was the Orlando first, thst at thst time, was around pick13. Never asked for YOUR first Phil. You guys need to stick to the truth.

Also Tim, you can't even have an idea what we are looking for, when we never even talked any potential trade for like seasons.

But it's okay that it seems that I appear like a super tight trader lol.

CSL Champions Image 2028

Andrewu91
CSL Champ 2022

Post by Andrewu91 »

Sorry Dennis but for any new comers..

Dennis hypes the guys he wants to trade. You never hear of Skal, Fox or any other core player. He will keep hyping them until he finds a sucker to give him what he wants

You're welcome
CSL Champion 2022 with OKC Thunder

Thunder & Knicks Hall of Fame

Eric Bledsoe - Klay Thompson - Stanley Johnson Jr

Luka Doncic - Zion Williamson