League File | Standings | Schedule | League Leaders | Free Agents | Coaches | CSLO | D-League Standings | D-League Leaders | Player Potential Database

Clippers Showing Signs of Life

Write snippets about your team or the league here.
Dylan
Senior Vice President

Clippers Showing Signs of Life

Post by Dylan »

Clippers Show Signs of Life

Los Angeles -- As the 2022-23 CSL season winds down, the Los Angeles Clippers find themselves near the bottom of the standings once again. After a flurry of trades and an almost entirely new roster, there have been some expected growing pains since the trade deadline. However, after a four game winning streak and winning five out of six games overall, the young Clippers are showing signs of life.

Coach Lionel Hollins has been tinkering with different lineups late in the season, experimenting ways to play around talented scorer Mario Hezonja. Putting different mixes of big men, shooters and defenders around him, Hollins and GM Dylan are committed to fitting the best possible roster around their young star.

Recently, it's worked. In their 12 games in the month of March, Hezonja has been terrific. Averaging 22.5 points per contest on 44% shooting, and getting to the free throw line an average of 9 times per game, shooting 83%. He's also made an effort to distribute as well, averaging nearly 5 assists. Turnovers and occasional chucking still seem to be obstacles to overcome, but this type of play from the 23-year-old is encouraging as the Clippers move forward.

Throughout the rest of the roster, everyone has been moving around and playing all over the place. We'll do some quick hitters on some of the other Clippers main pieces:
  • Enes Kanter has solid offensively and on the boards since the trade, but was getting torched by opposing centers.
  • Gary Harris has raised his 3 point shooting percentage up to 37.5%, after shooting it just 28% when he was with the Spurs.
  • Ty Lawson has been a steady force at point guard, but has been prone to getting a bit too trigger happy.
  • The Clippers like what they've seen from Harry Giles recently, even inserting him into the starting lineup. The numbers don't jump out at you, but he's been very solid and reliable in his minutes.
With just starting a 7 game road trip, how long the Clippers winning ways will last is unclear. Regardless, signs of life late in the season is encouraging going forward.

Jestor
Chairman of the Board

Re: Clippers Showing Signs of Life

Post by Jestor »

Welp, you just jinxed yourself.

Dylan
Senior Vice President

Post by Dylan »

Jestor wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 5:19 am Welp, you just jinxed yourself.
I don’t believe in jinxes my friend. Ever since middle school when I was throwing a perfect game and every single thing that was supposed to jinx me didn’t lol.

emplep7
Commissioner & CSL Champ 2018

Post by emplep7 »

I'm hoping you keep winning personally so I like what you're doing here. Keep it up!

hardenwithnod
Chairman of the Board

Post by hardenwithnod »

Nice to see this team is showing some signs of life after struggling all season, as I know how it frustrating it is to watch a team keep losing even though you feel they can't be that bad. The development of Hezonja, and Giles will be something for me to keep an eye on.
Alvarado/Mitchell/Tatum/Bender/Birutis

Flaming Homer
Commissioner

Post by Flaming Homer »

Interesting season for the Clips. Up and down.
The big question will be of good of a building block Hezonja can be.

Dennis
CSL Champ 2028

Post by Dennis »

emplep7 wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:56 pm I'm hoping you keep winning personally so I like what you're doing here. Keep it up!
Of course you do haha.
Just stop it Dylan. Enough is enough.
Boston Celtics Hall of Fame
PG G. Dragic [7] - Jersey Retired <> 2013 - 2015
PG R. Westbrook [0] - Jersey Retired <> 2016 - 2019

Fox - Johnson - Bridges - Hlinason - Whiteside
CSL Champions Image 2028

Rizzo
Chairman of the Board

Post by Rizzo »

Glad to see my former Nets are playing well!
Career Accolades:
- GM, Cleveland Cavaliers [2013-2018]
- GM, Brooklyn Nets [2018-2030, 2031-Present]
- 0 CSL Championships
- 0 Eastern Conference Championships
- 0 Coach of the Year Awards
- 0 GM of the Year Awards

Rizzo's Hall of Fame Players:
- oCSL Marcus Smart
- SG P.J. Hairston [2015 CSL Draft, Pick 1.16]
- C DeAndre Ayton [2022 CSL Draft, Pick 1.3]
- PG Shai-Gilgeous Alexander [2025 CSL Draft, Pick 1.1]

blackice
Chairman of the Board

Post by blackice »

Hezonja is a potential franchise changing talent and although he's not a knockdown 3 point shooter he can score at a nice rate on volume. Obviously he needs to get his %'s up as he's currently just under 40 FG% but if you can surround him with more talent and I think that will go up. Harris was a huge get for you and with Lawson coming off the books you have some options this offseason.
Ball is Life.